User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

If you want to be out being active and engaging with people but feel held back by your shyness maybe your not actually an introverted at all, maybe you're an extravert with social anxiety or something like that.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENTP

I'd really like to be all 4 NT types, whenever I want. Whenever it suits me.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I don't think this is the sort of forum where people say 'be what you want to be', but rather the sort of forum where you will receive advice on how to get as close as possible to your desires. It's something I really enjoy about this slice of the interwebs.

Anyway. I thought I'd like to be like more of an ENFP for a while, but I've grown to accept myself. Truth is, I would miss the traits I have. I can embrace them, while working on the traits I might envy. They will be through the veil of an ENFJ, but I like that veil. It's more interesting that way. A lot of people have trouble accepting the positive traits they do have or seeing the negative traits what they desire to be comes with. There are two sides to everything, but people like to focus on negativity that they have in their grasp and reject potential negativity while they spectate.

In the psychological sense, a lot of people have deep-rooted issues with self-acceptance. It's not necessarily a desire to be something else, but the inability to accept themselves. You can see this in multiple facets of life. It's in a majority of minds to see the negative traits in themselves, even ones that might not be there in reality, and to envy those around them for what traits they are thought to have. Think body image issues of people who are in perfectly fine shape- so many of them will find something to envy, despite their current state. People get delusional very quickly. People also acquire a sense of hopelessness, or think that if they lack something that it cannot be obtained. The thing about it is.. it can.. it may just take some effort, rather than being placed in their lap. This could stem into the issues behind not wanting to make the effort.. buuut I have an english paper to write
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

PEST that STEPs on PETS stellar renegade's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    I don't think this is the sort of forum where people say 'be what you want to be', but rather the sort of forum where you will receive advice on how to get as close as possible to your desires. It's something I really enjoy about this slice of the interwebs.

Anyway. I thought I'd like to be like more of an ENFP for a while, but I've grown to accept myself. Truth is, I would miss the traits I have. I can embrace them, while working on the traits I might envy. They will be through the veil of an ENFJ, but I like that veil. It's more interesting that way.
    Oh, but you ENFJs are uber-mesmerizing... I kinda just love listening to you...

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    A lot of people have trouble accepting the positive traits they do have or seeing the negative traits what they desire to be comes with. There are two sides to everything, but people like to focus on negativity that they have in their grasp and reject potential negativity while they spectate.

In the psychological sense, a lot of people have deep-rooted issues with self-acceptance. It's not necessarily a desire to be something else, but the inability to accept themselves. You can see this in multiple facets of life. It's in a majority of minds to see the negative traits in themselves, even ones that might not be there in reality, and to envy those around them for what traits they are thought to have. Think body image issues of people who are in perfectly fine shape- so many of them will find something to envy, despite their current state. People get delusional very quickly. People also acquire a sense of hopelessness, or think that if they lack something that it cannot be obtained. The thing about it is.. it can.. it may just take some effort, rather than being placed in their lap. This could stem into the issues behind not wanting to make the effort.. buuut I have an english paper to write

But some focus too much on all their positive aspects (like me) and avoid thinking about their negative ones...

I'd joke about the issue but it's become a serious one between my girlfriend and I. I'm just taking the truth like a man and doing something about it.
    -stellar renegade
    coo-oo-ooool this madness down,
    stop it right on tiiiiime!

Badass Promoter ESTPs:
    [sigpic][/sigpic]

MBTI
    NiTi
    Socionics
    EII

It's hard to choose who I'd want to be because of the complete shift in my cognitive processes and information I even notice, but being a dominant SE would be a huge change for me. I'd actually start noticing tastes, music, colors so much better than I do now.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by stellar renegade View Post
    Oh, but you ENFJs are uber-mesmerizing... I kinda just love listening to you...
    It's the Fe :brushes shouldahs off:.
    This actually isn't surprising to me, but I don't think the issue is in ENFJs being hypnotic to the outside masses. It's more along the lines of feeling too emotionally intense, isolated within ourselves, neglectful of our own harmony vs social harmony, etc. I wouldn't wish it on someone, but I wouldn't want to be anything else due to I recognizing and coming to terms with the varied traits.

But some focus too much on all their positive aspects (like me) and avoid thinking about their negative ones...

I'd joke about the issue but it's become a serious one between my girlfriend and I. I'm just taking the truth like a man and doing something about it.
    Balance, good sir. No matter what side of the spectrum you're on- strive for the middle-ground. It makes learning, reflecting, and communicating so much easier.
    If you don't mind me asking (or would rather answer in pm), where does the lack of negative acknowledgment cause problems specifically?
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Aren't we the type we wanna be?
    No. Because my Ni never goes off-line a there is no way I can control this thing.
    Which means that in the very start I have pretty small "amout of options".

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Blame your parents.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I find it a bit of a strange question. To me, it's like asking "Why am I not the perfect person that I desire to be?" or "Why cannot I not just pinpoint all my failings accurately, and then fix them all?"

To me, the most useful thing about typology is that it can help you to identify your strengths and weaknesses so that you have a better idea of what you have to work with. You have a better idea of why you fall into certain unhealthy patterns...etc. Then you can figure out how to play to your strengths, and how to work with your weaknesses and try to improve.

I'm fairly happy with the type I am, though I could do without what seem to be some of the negative manifestations. But being content with the kind of person you are - while not making loads of excuses for your weaknesses and failings - is something to strive for, I think.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Question is based on POV, used as fact, that some types are better to be than others, that others have it better etc... which is completely subjective, flawed in reasoning, perspective.
    anyway....
    we ARE the type we want to be because we PREFER so, this is why it's said TYPE PREFERENCE.

Problem with having brainwashed consciousness so we see on TV that we should be something else, and start believing it. But.... that's what "they" (real or perceived) want us to be, not what we really really want.

Yes, if you feel this way, OP, just leave type thing aside for a while, search happiness somewhere else.