User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    no offense to any ENFJ's, ... but I don't want to be them.
    this is the most hurtful thing you can say to anyone
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by INTP View Post
    this is the most hurtful thing you can say to anyone
    I could think of worse, for example... :P

Eh I hope no one takes offense to that. I wouldn't take offense to people saying that they don't want to be an ENFP.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    lets see INFPs are sterotyped as winey no backboned weiners who do not know how to use logic and cry at the slightest insult. Yeah........
    Which is weird because in each encounter with people I've typed as INFP, they have been surprisingly outspoken and unapologetic about their voices. I still wonder why that stereotype is going strong.

MBTI
    INFP

the stereotype comes from moments that are only rare and usually random at best, But since those seem so different than what is considered normal, they are what stand out.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I want to be ESTP or ENTJ, but sadly I was typed as ENFP. I guess it's just nature's way of fucking us.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

i was thinking and maybe it's just that we can't change, really... even if we wanted to be another type quite badly, we're still understanding what that other type is through the perspective of our own type.

like, i see Js as more responsible, more organized, more consistent, and i idealize them because it looks like if you have all your stuff together, then you should be allowed to let go and have fun. but that's a rather P motive, isn't it... like that being on top of things isn't for the sake of being on top of things, it's just for the sake of easier escape access. and i think i'd like to be okay with feeling "trapped" into things, but i guess maybe Js feel an equal and opposite discomfort when things are quite uncertain.

i think wolfy made an excellent point too. much easier to refine and add to your pre-existing skill set, as opposed to starting over at square 1.

also: INFP stereotypes are consistently dumb. so is any description of an ENFP that implies that we are extremely social and totally illogical.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Noon View Post
    Which is weird because in each encounter with people I've typed as INFP, they have been surprisingly outspoken and unapologetic about their voices. I still wonder why that stereotype is going strong.
    INFP stereotypes are quite weird! In response:

• I can use logic; in fact, I'm quite good at things like algebra. However, I just don't like using hard logic to make all my decisions - it doesn't feel right
    • I can often be hurt by insults, but it depends who says them. Insults or jibes from loved ones are the ones I find the most hurtful
    • an enraged INFP can be deadly!

I frequently hate being an INFP, but then love it again. I feel like I am often obliged to exist on other people's terms (the world is not sympathetic to an INFP) but revel in it when it is bent to my will, or when things are played out on my terms. I've been told that I have great insight in literature, poetry, the human condition etc. and people will say that I seem to be a person who has thought long and hard about my belief. This is true and is a quality I like in myself.

That being said, I do wish I was another type at times, if only to avoid the constant barrage of inanity and stupidity I see before me in the exterior world. I reckon that if I were another type, I wouldn't see the world as a place full of cruelty, selfishness and torpor. However, I realise that I would subsequently lose the "softness" which I think is lacking in so many others, but is so prevalent in my own personality.

Who would be an INFP? :confused:
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

Don't mind and quite like being my type whether it's eNTJ or INTJ (most likely eNTJ due to Te-dom). But for a change, it would be fun to be an ESTP for a limited time as a comparative.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 so/sx
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I think it's more what you're more comfortable being, and what functions give you the most comfort. (For example, I would not be as comfortable using Fi than I would with Ti)

Even though I may or may not want to be an ENTJ, I'd have to work at it...which I feel like is a waste of time. I'm fine with who I am.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram

There is a genetic component to behavior; this has been established through monozygotic twin studies. Traits like intelligence, psychopathy, empathy, aggression, and inhibition have biological correlates, with the last two having specific genes tied identified for them, MAOA gene has been a heavily studies in this regard.