User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Default enfp loop and slamming mumbo jumbo

what is this looping and te-bitchslapping that everyone talks about that enfps do?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Te bitch slap:

*ENFP skipping along merrily* "la la la la la la...*poke*...la la la *laugh*...la la *flirt*...la la"

*suddenly asshat does something mean or violates core values*

*ENFPs eyes turn an unnatural shade of red* "ILL FUCKING SLIT YOUR THROAT IF YOU CROSS ME AGAIN AND DON'T YOU DOUBT ME"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Ne/Te loop: ENFP can become surprisingly insensitive and driven to do things like make money. Can be bossy or overbearing. This is not a natural or healthy state for us to completely deny our Fi. We will crumble from the pressure and it will not be pretty.

Fi/Si loop: Getting locked in emotional memories and sentimentality and being totally unproductive; when depressed ENFP goes too long in introvert mode.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Te bitch slap:

*ENFP skipping along merrily* "la la la la la la...*poke*...la la la *laugh*...la la *flirt*...la la"

*suddenly asshat does something mean or violates core values*

*ENFPs eyes turn an unnatural shade of red* "ILL FUCKING SLIT YOUR THROAT IF YOU CROSS ME AGAIN AND DON'T YOU DOUBT ME"
    Hmmmmm....

Perhaps i am an ENFP at heart... this sounds mightily like something i do....

It also goes if someone does something mean to or violates core values of those i love and hold dear.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Obviously, I'm not an ENFP, but the concept doesn't make much sense to me. I've definitely observed the behavior in ENFPs, but is it really Te? If Fi is what's been violated, why would Te react? Te doesn't really care whether it's liked or not, only that it's able to achieve it's goals. It's not a personal function, which to me makes the idea of a "Te bitchslap" pretty nonsensical. It's more likely an outward manifestation of Fi than Te doing the "bitchslapping."
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ because Fi is so very subjective that it's difficult to express in words, i think. for it to make any sense to others, it needs to be filtered through an externally-acting, impersonal function - so Te is exactly what we need. it's not Te reacting; it's Fi riding a Te-horse into battle.

anyway, Te bitchslap = Fi-motivated logic-smackdown.

example from real life:

young girl with down's syndrome accidentally brushes up against backpack of middle-aged man waiting in line for food in a busy crowd at an outdoor festival. she takes a look at his backpack, then looks up at the guy, and says, "i like your backpack." the middle-aged man whips around, gives her a nasty look, and says, very loudly, "keep your hands off my things and never touch me again!". the little girl turns her back to him, drops her gaze, and starts to cry.

impending Te bitchslap:

"excuse me, but where do you possibly come off feeling justified in treating a young girl who just gave you a compliment like that? first of all, you're in a busy crowd, and at least 3 people have brushed up against you since the time that she did. if you really don't want anyone touching your stuff, then you should pack it on back to wherever you came from, because you obviously can't handle anyone being near you despite voluntarily choosing to mingle in a huge crowd. however, i feel like you probably have some deeper reason that you decided to react to that girl in particular. maybe because she looks different? maybe because she looks like she might - and let's face it, you really can't be sure - but she might have a genetic abnormality? and, for some reason, her less than perfect medical condition happens to threaten you so much that you would forsake human dignity to the extent of yelling at a little girl, who just complimented you, in front of a crowd of 300 people? you, tall, muscular, and probably around 30 years old, are so threatened by a little girl who is slightly less than normal so much that you pansy out when she even gets near you, and you are so threatened that you feel the need to humiliate her in front of an entire crowd? honestly, i'm pretty embarrassed for you right now, and i sincerely hope you plan to apologize to her for being both a coward and a bigot."

given, that's a somewhat exaggerated example, but the essence of it is there.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Because Te motivates one to take domineering, goal-oriented action. The thing is that since you guys have your Fi *behind* your Te, and we wear our Fi *in front* it looks unfamiliar to you. Of course we don't use it the same.

But you'll find the less "fluffy" the ENFP, the higher probability they use more Te ...and not just for Te bitchslaps, but other more practical purposes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Browsing with some interest.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

So, when someone crosses me, and I, quickly without warning, get this deep burning in my stomach with building rage that I bury so I avoid confrontation.....that's me witholding my Te-Bitchslap?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I think I am familiar with the Fi/Si loop, I can see that happen when I do go into my kind of introverted/depressed/trying to figure out my life mode...but I am not sure I am familiar with the Ne/Te loop, let's discuss this more