First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

You may not have developed your Te much if Ne/Te loops don't make sense to you, and you "withold" your bitchslap. That burning feeling in your stomach might just be Fi. I'm not so sure that's the Te part. The Te part makes you act upon it in a particular way...or it helps you to stop and think rationally and more strategically about your emotions so that you aren't just wallowing in Fi.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    Hmmmmm....

Perhaps i am an ENFP at heart... this sounds mightily like something i do....

It also goes if someone does something mean to or violates core values of those i love and hold dear.
    I think this is just an Fi quality. Granted, I dont know many INFPs in real life but the ones i do know, I feel like this happens WAY more often than it happens to me.

We could be having a pleasant discussion, and if i say the wrong thing, or make the wrong joke, or tease them too much, they instantly react as described. I think their Fi is more sensitive. I often feel like I am walkin on eggshells with INFPs

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

As an INFP entrepreneur, I can relate a lot to this Ne/Te loop thing. if something gets in my way when I'm in money making mode, I am merciless and vicious as hell
    this particular example took place about 3 years ago between myself and my ESFJ mother when I was a sophomore in high school, messed up and extremely hormonally inbalanced. at this point in my life, I had a lot of enemies at school and was being persecuted for my beliefs and I felt like the whole world was against me. I had narrowly avoided a fight at school so I came home to study business and take my mind off the matter. my parents had been disrespecting me and not giving me my personal space for a few months and I kinda exploded.

Mom: what's wrong honey? you haven't left your room all day
    Me: I'm busy, please don't disturb me
    Mom: but I'm worried about you, you're going to get all depressed and stuff if you don't go outside
    Me: that's no concern of mine, please leave and make sure you knock next time
    Mom: why don't you ever want to spend time with me anymore? all you care about now is money!
    Me: (Fi being insulted and provoked, I decide to play it up and pretend on the outside it's true) you got a problem with that?
    Mom: (she starts crying) of course I do! stop being so selfish!
    Me: let me rephrase my question. what are you gonna do about it? (gives predator Te stare)
    Mom: (crying intensifies) I can't believe you!
    Me: I'm only going to ask you one more time. Stop blubbering and get out of my room. This is NOT an option
    Mom: (starts screaming and hurling insults)
    Me: BITCH! GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM BEFORE I BEAT YOUR FACE IN WITH THIS LAMP!
    (Dad comes running upstairs)
    Dad: what's going on! don't talk to your mother like that
    Me: this doesn't consider you. please take your wife and leave me alone
    Dad: don't talk to me like that!
    Me: SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY ROOM YOU FRAIL OLD MAN BEFORE I BREAK YOU LIKE A TWIG!
    (I push them both over and run outside after punching a whole in the wall and run to the park to cry for about 2 hours)

PS: fortunately all three have us have learned to communicate better since then and they've learned to give me my personal space. we have a much better relationship now because of it too ^v^ INFPs are incredibly viscious when they don't get their personal space or if someone is in the way of their goals or causes. at that point in my life, I was willing to violently murder anyone who got in my way of my beliefs or ambitions. since then I've mellowed out, become much more emotionally healthy, and learned that I don't need to go into overdrive crazed lunatic mode to get stuff done.

MBTI
    INTJ

*waits for the Te Small Penis thread*

Did you know, people with Te when angry tend to opt for Ti forms of expression? Detailed presentation of hairsplitting developments. Analyzing, categorising and classifying according to principles. They give voice to an introverted perspective.

In short, if there is to be no thread indicating as to how Te makes your penis small, then grandiose titles drawing on function prestige should be marked as such. Shall we call it the ENFP Te Panty Wedge? Or The Hissy Fit? Perhaps the Verge-Of-Tears Denunciation?

This message brought to you by the INTJ Fi Sissy Whine.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Because Te motivates one to take domineering, goal-oriented action. The thing is that since you guys have your Fi *behind* your Te, and we wear our Fi *in front* it looks unfamiliar to you. Of course we don't use it the same.

But you'll find the less "fluffy" the ENFP, the higher probability they use more Te ...and not just for Te bitchslaps, but other more practical purposes.
    I guess that makes sense. So it's not so much that Te reacts, as that after Fi has been violated, it orders Te to do something about it.
    You lose.

_______

RCOEI
    Melancholic-Choleric
    Respectful Leader

Johari Window|Nohari Window

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    You may not have developed your Te much if Ne/Te loops don't make sense to you, and you "withold" your bitchslap. That burning feeling in your stomach might just be Fi. I'm not so sure that's the Te part. The Te part makes you act upon it in a particular way...or it helps you to stop and think rationally and more strategically about your emotions so that you aren't just wallowing in Fi.
    Ahh, let me explain. I withhold the "bitchslap" because I feel my brain start to rationalize how i feel and how i should feel. I go through this internal process before I ever, EVER confront anything. I think to myself "Should this make me angry?..Did this person respond that way because they're having a bad day?...is this worth discussing or just letting it go by...Am I in the wrong, Did I do something horrible to make this person do this..." And usually by this time, the moment has passed, the burning feeling is gone, and I just continue about my day. Now, after a while, the things do build up and I do confront or snap, it all depends.

I also have an ISTJ boyfriend who hears my vents ALL THE LIVE LONG DAAAAY, and I feel I like his Te handle it for me and help me with what is the most logical thing to do. Usually my Fi may disagree, but my Te tells me that that is the best decision.. if that makes any sense.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ to the above and this -
    Quote Originally Posted by 2XtremeENFP View Post
    So, when someone crosses me, and I, quickly without warning, get this deep burning in my stomach with building rage that I bury so I avoid confrontation.....that's me witholding my Te-Bitchslap?
    i think that reconsideration and being able to step back and consider your position doesn't belong only to Te or Fi - i think it's a Judgment capacity in general and the grounds you judge on will indicate Fi or Te. i certainly quell the bitchslap sometimes on logical grounds; sometimes on emotional grounds. more often on logical grounds, in fact.

personally i suspect a learning curve where a young ENFP will not use much Te, but then they will begin to use it without much complex consideration - led by Fi it will just fly into things. later, with maturing, i think we are better able to use Te in a manner that gets us the desired results without sacrificing too much, as Fi is apt to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Shall we call it the ENFP Te Panty Wedge?
    this is my favorite so far.

MBTI
    INTJ

^ ENFJ Fe Push-Up Bra.

Well played, sir.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Maybe it will help if I explain how it feels to me when my Te kicks in to deliver a good bitchslap. Basically, someone has crossed some moral line with me and I feel perfectly justified... nay, I feel as if I have a mandate from "the greater good"... to unleash my wrath upon the offending person. So, for Esoteric Wench there are three components of her bitchslaps:

1. I'm sure I'm right that the bitchslappee is wrong. There are few if any gray areas by this point.
    2. I develop a very concrete, logical, straightforward plan on how to correct the offense in question. Often bullet-pointed or sequentially numbered. (No, I'm not kidding.)
    3. I swiftly and without reserve execute my plan. Let the chips fall where they may. In other words, I choose to ignore social conventions that I normally abide by.

I think it's important to note that Te thinks it's Right (with a capital R) most of the time. This self-assured attitude is achieved by sacrificing nuance. But you need to be self-assured to go out there and make things happen and that's what Te is so good at doing. In reference to a bitchslap, I've usually put considerable thought into whether or not I think what the offending party has done warrants a "bitchslap." Upon concluding that they do, then I put my analysis aside and go forward on my assumption that they are Wrong (with a capital W).

At least with me, I had to mature a little bit before I even delivered Te bitchslaps. Then, I became more nuanced in their delivery. In other words, I paused before delivering a bitchslap just to make sure I knew what I was doing and had thought through all the consequences. Because oftentimes there are negative social consequences for the bitchslapper... which is OK, because to the bitchslapper... these are usually well worth the rewards that come with speaking the truth.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    *waits for the Te Small Penis thread*

Did you know, people with Te when angry tend to opt for Ti forms of expression? Detailed presentation of hairsplitting developments. Analyzing, categorising and classifying according to principles. They give voice to an introverted perspective.

In short, if there is to be no thread indicating as to how Te makes your penis small, then grandiose titles drawing on function prestige should be marked as such. Shall we call it the ENFP Te Panty Wedge? Or The Hissy Fit? Perhaps the Verge-Of-Tears Denunciation?

This message brought to you by the INTJ Fi Sissy Whine.
    Yes, I've noticed the INTJ Fi Sissy Whine, and it amuses me because you guys think you're so objective and tough, but you can be SO damn fussy and persnickety it's almost comical at times.