User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    I recently had an experience that I was trying to make sense of - it was different than anything I've ever experienced before. I thought that I had experienced love before, but never like this. I think that the most significant part of the experience is feeling my heart truly open up for the first time - I really felt my heart expand in a way that felt receptive. It gave me a sense of relief and comfort. Other bodily sensations: heart beating fast, intoxicated feeling, head rushes, and let's just say - other sensations.

Again, I've been in love before (or thought I was), but I never felt this way. I am just curious to see if others have had similar (or different) bodily experiences connected with love. Also, do our bodily experiences or feelings ever deceive us? Does love feel different depending on the relationship? Why?

Yeah. I think I get the difference. But, still, it's tricky. Where does infatuation end and love begin? I guess it is related to the degree of intimacy the couple achieve. The love will either grow or fade away.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
    When you feel in your heart that this is something different: it is. I would say, trust that. As to bodily experiences, if you feel something extraordinary, your body will tell you. If someone loves you, if it's right, it won't fade away. Circumstances and timing play a part, but we don't have control over these, for the most part. Feelings are always there to inform you, to tell you something you need to know. If you can look at it that way and not as something to distrust, perhaps that might help.
    Thanks, Lauren. This is very helpful (and comforting) to me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Love feels like the ocean.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I have to preface this by saying that I often question whether I've truly experienced it, simply because I haven't had a really longterm relationship (measured in years) to know or recognize within myself the different elements or shades of love.

But at the same time I don't think I haven't experienced it, and I don't want to negate what I have felt and believe to be love.

So for me, I think the few times I've come to feel love that is beyond the falling-in-love-rush-of-intense-feeling (which I think is a form of love, just in its earliest and maybe more naieve/rose-colored-glasses stage) is when I notice it in the quiet moments. It feels like a presence within me - like a separate entity, almost. I'd say the feeling is closest to one of intense Caring - really caring for the person and who they are, and rejoicing in the fact that they're alive and that they are who they are. Really valuing them and wanting them to be happy and wanting the best for them. In other words.. it has little to do with me and our relationship/dynamic, in those quiet moments. The relationship itself - the two of us together - is certainly important too, and obviously the other invokes feelings in me and fulfills my own needs and such - but this presence, what I call love within myself - is solely about who they are as a person. Take me out of the picture and I'd still care for them just as much, and want them to be happy.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I can't get her out of my head....

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Love feels like choking to death and liking it. And eating a socially unaccepted amount of chilli chips at the same time.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Infatuation and love feel physically very differently to me. Infatuation can develop to be love but it doesn't have to.

When I'm infatuated, I'll mostly be nervous, it's about anticipation. That's what makes me feel butterflies in my stomach, I can't sleep (literally), my legs feel weak, etc.

For love, the physical sensations are way more subtle, and I would even say this can be different depending on the person I'm with. It's really quite abstract and difficult to explain... I feel calm. I feel like everything I usually worry about is not that important. I feel more present, in the here and now. I feel warm, sometimes my heart feels warm. My ego is less important... I truly care about the other person's happiness more than about anything else. I feel like I'm transcending from my single me, being at the same time "truly me" and "the best me I can be". So yes, also that sense of calm, comfort and open/warm heart. Also, I'm less fearful.

Sometimes I also realize I love someone when something bad happens in the relationship - such as an argument. Realizing that there is a conflict, taking a step back, distancing myself (not a natural thing for me!) and then still feeling a strong sense of connection and wish to compromise. Doing things that are hard and unnatural for me (such as giving tons of space) and still feeling connection... I had an experience like that a couple of weeks ago and it freaked me out.

Obviously, these feelings aren't there 100% of the time, but come and go and alternate.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
    Love feels more like a bond of deep friendship that goes beyond words.
    Nice way to put it.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    It feels like a presence within me - like a separate entity, almost. I'd say the feeling is closest to one of intense Caring - really caring for the person and who they are, and rejoicing in the fact that they're alive and that they are who they are. Really valuing them and wanting them to be happy and wanting the best for them. In other words.. it has little to do with me and our relationship/dynamic, in those quiet moments. The relationship itself - the two of us together - is certainly important too, and obviously the other invokes feelings in me and fulfills my own needs and such - but this presence, what I call love within myself - is solely about who they are as a person. Take me out of the picture and I'd still care for them just as much, and want them to be happy.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

[YOUTUBE="qM-gZintWDc"]Good Will Hunting[/YOUTUBE]

There is a fairly good description in this scene.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Applesandhoney View Post
    Infatuation and love feel physically very differently to me. Infatuation can develop to be love but it doesn't have to.

When I'm infatuated, I'll mostly be nervous, it's about anticipation. That's what makes me feel butterflies in my stomach, I can't sleep (literally), my legs feel weak, etc.

For love, the physical sensations are way more subtle, and I would even say this can be different depending on the person I'm with. It's really quite abstract and difficult to explain... I feel calm. I feel like everything I usually worry about is not that important. I feel more present, in the here and now. I feel warm, sometimes my heart feels warm. My ego is less important... I truly care about the other person's happiness more than about anything else. I feel like I'm transcending from my single me, being at the same time "truly me" and "the best me I can be". So yes, also that sense of calm, comfort and open/warm heart. Also, I'm less fearful.

Sometimes I also realize I love someone when something bad happens in the relationship - such as an argument. Realizing that there is a conflict, taking a step back, distancing myself (not a natural thing for me!) and then still feeling a strong sense of connection and wish to compromise. Doing things that are hard and unnatural for me (such as giving tons of space) and still feeling connection... I had an experience like that a couple of weeks ago and it freaked me out.

Obviously, these feelings aren't there 100% of the time, but come and go and alternate.
    Applesandhoney, welcome to TC. Your description was very helpful to me. It resonates. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    [YOUTUBE="qM-gZintWDc"]Good Will Hunting[/YOUTUBE]

There is a fairly good description in this scene.
    Yeah. It's a beautiful description given 3/4 the way through the scene. I think there's something to be said for maturity and life experience. I wonder how these two would type...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yeah love that scene disco

and onceajoan...i don't know about will's type in that...maybe entp?? and robin williams is an enfp in just about every flick isn't he? except maybe that weird one where he worked at a photolab and killed people.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison