Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Very, very well said.
    thank you

I STILL CANT SEND REPS ON MOST POSTS :steam:

Marm, try right-clicking on rep symbol and choosing open in new tab or open in new window. Tell me what happens.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

This girl I hung out with tonight is far out....

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

i miss someone like crazy. i want to hug him and hold him and have his babies. love is cruel.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

You seem to mainly be asking the difference between love and infatuation. Are you currently in a relationship and you are trying to discern the difference?

For romance, it almost always starts with a phase of infatuation. I believe the typical length of time is 2 years. You feel giddy euphoria with the person.

Love grows more slowly. It is not just a feeling, it includes a commitment to the other person's well being.
    So while the infatuation dies off, the love continues to build and grow stronger. You will continue to have seasons where the infatuation returns somewhat, but it inevitably will be replaced by the deeper and stronger love.

If you are concerned about whether you are only infatuated, and not in love, I wouldn't worry about the feelings in particular. You probably want to focus more on whether the relationship is healthy and whether the person you are with is a normal healthy person. Infatuations are dangerous when they lead us into relationships that are not good for us. But when they exist at the beginning of a love relationship with someone who is healthy, they are very normal and a good way to enhance bonding.

MBTI
    GONE

Love feels like being an ENFP on crack.

'Nuff said.

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    You seem to mainly be asking the difference between love and infatuation. Are you currently in a relationship and you are trying to discern the difference?
    Lily flower - I don't know if this is directed to me, the OP - but I'll reply anyways. The question is motivated by a genuine interest in how people experience love. I was trying to get at what people experience inside their bodies - but most people are not addressing that - which is okay because I think everyone as a unique take on it.

I recently had an experience that I was trying to make sense of - it was different than anything I've ever experienced before. I thought that I had experienced love before, but never like this. I think that the most significant part of the experience is feeling my heart truly open up for the first time - I really felt my heart expand in a way that felt receptive. It gave me a sense of relief and comfort. Other bodily sensations: heart beating fast, intoxicated feeling, head rushes, and let's just say - other sensations.

Again, I've been in love before (or thought I was), but I never felt this way. I am just curious to see if others have had similar (or different) bodily experiences connected with love. Also, do our bodily experiences or feelings ever deceive us? Does love feel different depending on the relationship? Why?

For romance, it almost always starts with a phase of infatuation. I believe the typical length of time is 2 years. You feel giddy euphoria with the person.
    Yeah. I think I get the difference. But, still, it's tricky. Where does infatuation end and love begin? I guess it is related to the degree of intimacy the couple achieve. The love will either grow or fade away.

If you are concerned about whether you are only infatuated, and not in love, I wouldn't worry about the feelings in particular. You probably want to focus more on whether the relationship is healthy and whether the person you are with is a normal healthy person. Infatuations are dangerous when they lead us into relationships that are not good for us. But when they exist at the beginning of a love relationship with someone who is healthy, they are very normal and a good way to enhance bonding.
    Thank you Lilyflower. That's a very good point. Something for me to keep in mind.

MBTI
    INFP

[QUOTE=Onceajoan;1393518]I recently had an experience that I was trying to make sense of - it was different than anything I've ever experienced before. I thought that I had experienced love before, but never like this. I think that the most significant part of the experience is feeling my heart truly open up for the first time - I really felt my heart expand in a way that felt receptive. It gave me a sense of relief and comfort. Other bodily sensations: heart beating fast, intoxicated feeling, head rushes, and let's just say - other sensations.

Again, I've been in love before (or thought I was), but I never felt this way. I am just curious to see if others have had similar (or different) bodily experiences connected with love. Also, do our bodily experiences or feelings ever deceive us? Does love feel different depending on the relationship? Why?

Yeah. I think I get the difference. But, still, it's tricky. Where does infatuation end and love begin? I guess it is related to the degree of intimacy the couple achieve. The love will either grow or fade away.[QUOTE]

When you feel in your heart that this is something different: it is. I would say, trust that. As to bodily experiences, if you feel something extraordinary, your body will tell you. If someone loves you, if it's right, it won't fade away. Circumstances and timing play a part, but we don't have control over these, for the most part. Feelings are always there to inform you, to tell you something you need to know. If you can look at it that way and not as something to distrust, perhaps that might help.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    Love is like experiencing the highest version of yourself.
    I agree. In addition to what others generally say there is a incomparable contentment that comes with it. However, I've never accomplished unconditional romantic love, hopefully it is possible.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    953 sp/so

Infatuation feels like "real love."

Real love feels "normal."

Or, in other words, "What Marm said."