User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: INF's and public speaking

I think sharing writing is one of the hardest forms of public speaking because we think if they don't like our stories, they don't like *us*. My suggestion is to make those stories do the work for you. They got you into this mess! Seriously, make those stories sing and forget you're even there. Even so-so stories when presented with enthusiasm come alive.

You can collapse later when you have the luxury to do so. Great good luck to you!

Senior Member Array Lily flower's Avatar

I'm not sure if this is a type thing, because I am an INFJ and I love public speaking. It's addictive to me - having all that attention and being able to change people's lives on a grand scale. I do think it would have to be hard to share something personal like writing, though.

One thing you should remember that a speaker told me once is to not really go by the looks of people too much. People who are listening intently are often looking at you with a blank expression on their face. It's because they are relaxed and they are not having a one-on-one conversation. They may laugh or smile at a joke, they may nod their heads occasionally in agreement, but otherwise you are going to get a blank look. So that's normal and it shouldn't worry you.

I think the shaking may be due to the adrenaline rush. As an introvert, any kind of public speaking is very stimulating (either in a good or bad way), and it gives you an adrenaline rush. The best way to deal with that is to breathe deeply and try to find a place immediately before and after that is calming, like a dark room where there are no people. I find myself shaking at parties merely because that much contact with people gives me too much adrenaline.