• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFPs- Question from an ISTJ

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Oh I see. I may not think I am but I am :p

You are not more aware of flaws just because you are exposed to them. If that were the case, the most reckless people would be the wisest.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You're an extrovert.

That's the definition.

–noun
1. an outgoing, gregarious person.
2. Psychology. a person characterized by extroversion; a person concerned primarily with the physical and social environment (opposed to introvert).

–verb (used with object)
4. Psychology. to direct (the mind, one's interest, etc.) outward or to things outside the self.

In this way, no, we're not alike. NFP means that you look towards the future, yes, but your extroverted nature makes you much more aware of immediate flaws by exposure to them on a frequency far higher than an introvert with be exposed to them. In this way, you, as an ENFP are much more likely to learn from mistakes because you will repeat them more often.

You're much more suited for relationships because you have more experience with them.

You may not think you are, but you are :huh:

yeah...i'm just gonna go ahead and disagree with this post and that other one of yours...i am not present focused..i am not! and i do not learn from my mistakes! grr!

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I see. I may not think I am but I am :p

You are not more aware of flaws just because you are exposed to them. If that were the case, the most reckless people would be the wisest.

If you're exposed to your flaws more often and haven't proportionally learned from them and fixed them, you're just stupid. As your example of reckless people not learning from their recklessness goes to show.

I can provide a video of a kid on a skateboard with an arm in a cast falling and breaking his other arm if you want...

Which leaves you with two choices:

Either you're more adept at relationships than your Introverted counterparts, or you're stupid :devil:

yeah...i'm just gonna go ahead and disagree with this post and that other one of yours...i am not present focused..i am not! and i do not learn from my mistakes! grr!

... okay :shrug:

If that's what you want, then you don't learn from your mistakes.

I'd figure you'd want to agree with me, since I don't really see how what you're asking me to say is actually a compliment, but whatever lol

Zarathustra

Let Go Of Your Team
That whole stereotype about F-doms not being able to think...

Yeah, well... it's looking kinda true right here...

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Not learning from your mistakes seems kind of ...stupid. I'm going to have to agree with that.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
am I the only one unsure do I learn from my mistakes?! Does this automatically mean I dont?

i suspect the lessons i learn from my mistakes are not always the same lessons other people would take away from them.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
If you're exposed to your flaws more often and haven't proportionally learned from them and fixed them, you're just stupid. As your example of reckless people not learning from their recklessness goes to show.

I can provide a video of a kid on a skateboard with an arm in a cast falling and breaking his other arm if you want...

Which leaves you with two choices:

Either you're more adept at relationships than your Introverted counterparts, or you're stupid :devil:

Or your premise is flawed. Or you're right...and...*gasp*...some people are stupid :) I prefer the word unwise, but I could see myself using the same terminology in casual conversation, sure. Either way, I wouldn't use type to measure how much someone learns in life.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I just don't like the blanket statement that ENFPs don't learn from their mistakes - not learning from your mistakes seems like something you'd need a 12 step program for. It does seem to lack a certain kind of intelligence...the kind of intelligence that Te/Si would have, as a matter of fact....so maybe it's something that younger ENFPs or less-balanced ENFPs have a problem with. I've noticed that some ENFPs are "floatier" like they live in Ne/Fi without much Te or Si, which is part of the reason why I questioned my type so much, like gah wtf.

Then again I was raised by an ISTJ and someone who was probably EStJ, so I had no choice but to develop those functions, and I think I'm better for it. Maybe not nicer, though. Ha.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
fwiw i was bein jokey...doesn't seem like that was understood.. :/

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Or your premise is flawed. Or you're right...and...*gasp*...some people are stupid :) I prefer the word unwise, but I could see myself using the same terminology in casual conversation, sure. Either way, I wouldn't use type to measure how much someone learns in life.

What part of my premise is flawed?

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ

I'm not SAYING it is but I'm saying how it might be. The part where you assume Es are more likely to experience more for example.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Yeah, Moiety hasn't experienced a damn thing, 'specially to be an ENFP. I can't figure out why for the life of me.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm not SAYING it is but I'm saying how it might be. The part where you assume Es are more likely to experience more for example.

It's flawed to suggest that people who's very definition, in general, not even to mention their classification according to the typing system part of the forums that we're having this discussion on, is that they focus on the external world have more experience with the external world on average?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
but you're using some classic definition of extravert that i and other enfps don't really relate to....some of us are in our heads in fantasy land just as much as you infp people...we just might blurt out those absurdities more often...and engaging with others doesn't really mean we're planted in the here and now...if most of the time were discussing the abstract or nonsensical...does it?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I agree with lady x and the definition of enfp extrovert - I'm more extroverted through being expressive or enthusiastic than I am truly extroverted in the classic sense