User Tag List

First 4121314

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    ^ HIlarious

I'm at work now; I'll come back with a response.

its
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

This combination does not work. I can tell you. Casually seeing ISTJ, would never fall in love with him, am damn sure of it. Is insanely boring, no connection, but keep seeing him because he is nice and does all the right things. He's interesting in the sense that he was born in Iran and immigrated to the states at 26 and owns his own business, and I told him I was teaching myself Russian because I have had so many Russian friends and he's like "Oh let me take you to a Russian restaraunt" and in every way seems acceptable, but I could never love this person. We do not connect. He like fits a check list of "Interesting. Has Traveled. Is Foreign. Is Successful. Is Nice to Me." and I still can't love him. THERE IS NO FUCKING MENTAL CONNECTION.

ISTJ and ENFP don't work, even when the check list is right. If I got into a relationship with this guy I would feel like an actress, like I was playing a part, despite his good qualities.

Fuck no. That is my final answer. I'm sorry.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

And yes, he has actually tested as ISTJ after I called it mentally before he took the test.

MBTI
    INTJ

It's not him. It's you.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by IZthe411 View Post
    It's not him. It's you.
    LOL...no, it's the combination of the two of us together. Maybe he's more easily satisfied by the presence of a woman who he thinks is pretty, nice, and sexy and doesn't need anything more. That works for me in casual dating or in the very short-term, but to me that's not enough to base a relationship upon.

I've had other experiences with ISTx men here and there, and I can tell you it always seems to be the same thing...the same feeling of "something is missing" and that feeling quickly leads to boredom. Even when the guy was super hot, like this ISTJ baseball player I dated very briefly my senior year of high school as kind of a rebound after me and my longer-term ESFP "high school sweetheart" split up.

It's easier for me to bond with SFs, though ideally I'm pretty sure I should be with another N. I want a marriage of the minds, not an "acceptable arrangement."

I can tell you that even in my more exciting or lasting relationships with SFs eventually somewhere down the road it started to become clear that we didn't want to talk about the same things, or even if we were talking about the same thing, we would get annoyed with the way the other perceived the same subject.

I need more than that. I've read up on this, and SJs are satisfied by things like sexual compatibility, commitment, and a partner who plays an acceptable assigned role in the relationship - doing what a bf/gf or spouse is supposed to do. With SPs, they often need nothing more than sexual compatibility and the reassurance of being with "the mother of their child" or the person they share common experiences with.

This isn't to say Ns need more from a relationship (maybe they do, maybe they don't) but that Ns need different things.

This is what Edgar was trying to say earlier in the thread and at that point I was arguing with him, but have since then had experiences with an ISFJ and an ISTJ that made me realize he's right, especially when I also consider past experiences with ISTx men that I've already mentioned, and some of the difficulties with my ESFJ ex.

So my bad, I take it all back, and that's why I came here in the first place to admit that I stand corrected.