User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Oh I see. I may not think I am but I am :P

You are not more aware of flaws just because you are exposed to them. If that were the case, the most reckless people would be the wisest.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    You're an extrovert.

That's the definition.

–noun
    1. an outgoing, gregarious person.
    2. Psychology. a person characterized by extroversion; a person concerned primarily with the physical and social environment (opposed to introvert).

–verb (used with object)
    4. Psychology. to direct (the mind, one's interest, etc.) outward or to things outside the self.

In this way, no, we're not alike. NFP means that you look towards the future, yes, but your extroverted nature makes you much more aware of immediate flaws by exposure to them on a frequency far higher than an introvert with be exposed to them. In this way, you, as an ENFP are much more likely to learn from mistakes because you will repeat them more often.

You're much more suited for relationships because you have more experience with them.

You may not think you are, but you are
    yeah...i'm just gonna go ahead and disagree with this post and that other one of yours...i am not present focused..i am not! and i do not learn from my mistakes! grr!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    Oh I see. I may not think I am but I am :P

You are not more aware of flaws just because you are exposed to them. If that were the case, the most reckless people would be the wisest.
    If you're exposed to your flaws more often and haven't proportionally learned from them and fixed them, you're just stupid. As your example of reckless people not learning from their recklessness goes to show.

I can provide a video of a kid on a skateboard with an arm in a cast falling and breaking his other arm if you want...

Which leaves you with two choices:

Either you're more adept at relationships than your Introverted counterparts, or you're stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    yeah...i'm just gonna go ahead and disagree with this post and that other one of yours...i am not present focused..i am not! and i do not learn from my mistakes! grr!
    ... okay

If that's what you want, then you don't learn from your mistakes.

I'd figure you'd want to agree with me, since I don't really see how what you're asking me to say is actually a compliment, but whatever lol
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

That whole stereotype about F-doms not being able to think...

Yeah, well... it's looking kinda true right here...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Not learning from your mistakes seems kind of ...stupid. I'm going to have to agree with that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    am I the only one unsure do I learn from my mistakes?! Does this automatically mean I dont?
    i suspect the lessons i learn from my mistakes are not always the same lessons other people would take away from them.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by tkae. View Post
    If you're exposed to your flaws more often and haven't proportionally learned from them and fixed them, you're just stupid. As your example of reckless people not learning from their recklessness goes to show.

I can provide a video of a kid on a skateboard with an arm in a cast falling and breaking his other arm if you want...

Which leaves you with two choices:

Either you're more adept at relationships than your Introverted counterparts, or you're stupid
    Or your premise is flawed. Or you're right...and...*gasp*...some people are stupid I prefer the word unwise, but I could see myself using the same terminology in casual conversation, sure. Either way, I wouldn't use type to measure how much someone learns in life.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I just don't like the blanket statement that ENFPs don't learn from their mistakes - not learning from your mistakes seems like something you'd need a 12 step program for. It does seem to lack a certain kind of intelligence...the kind of intelligence that Te/Si would have, as a matter of fact....so maybe it's something that younger ENFPs or less-balanced ENFPs have a problem with. I've noticed that some ENFPs are "floatier" like they live in Ne/Fi without much Te or Si, which is part of the reason why I questioned my type so much, like gah wtf.

Then again I was raised by an ISTJ and someone who was probably EStJ, so I had no choice but to develop those functions, and I think I'm better for it. Maybe not nicer, though. Ha.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

fwiw i was bein jokey...doesn't seem like that was understood.. :/
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    Or your premise is flawed. Or you're right...and...*gasp*...some people are stupid I prefer the word unwise, but I could see myself using the same terminology in casual conversation, sure. Either way, I wouldn't use type to measure how much someone learns in life.
    What part of my premise is flawed?
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist