User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    However over at INTJf there are some number of INTJ men who admit liking ladies that are beautiful but dont meet a high intellectual criteria and many of the INTJs say they enjoy the physicality and fun spirit of their ESFP friends......

The ISTJs would have to be able to get past the nontraditional aspect of the ENFP, but with an older ENFP like me, I suspect it is the next best combo after the INTJ combo.
    Yeah, the oppositeness of the ITJ-EFP dynamic seems to be special.

I agree that the ideal combo is probably Ns with Ns and Ss with Ss, but the next-best option might be the interbreeding of the species...

Perhaps look to the symmetry in other types to repeat the same question-
    ENTPs should be with INFJs....yet many report very happy relationships with ISFJs as well and so on.
    Well, c'mon... who couldn't report a happy relationship with an ISFJ...

There may-as the female ISTJ late in the thread highlighted-actually be a sex aspect as well, with male ENFPs having more developed Te, and female ISTJs having more Fi, thus it works at a younger age.
    Hmmmm... I seem to have missed that post... makes sense, though...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

However over at INTJf there are some number of INTJ men who admit liking ladies that are beautiful but dont meet a high intellectual criteria and many of the INTJs say they enjoy the physicality and fun spirit of their ESFP friends......
    Yes. I've noticed some INTJ men with an over-emphasis on Se when it comes to things like picking mates. I've seen NTJs on forums say some of the most shallow things about women and say "well I'm just being objective." Nothing warms my heart like seeing statements such as "any woman who wears over a size zero isn't taking care of herself." I'll bet those INTJs would actually be happier with an SFP than an NFP...that also goes for certain INTJs who don't appear to like to be argued with or disagreed with, which ENFPs are inclined to do. *clears throat...coughcoughyouknowhoyouarecoughcough*

The ISTJs would have to be able to get past the nontraditional aspect of the ENFP, but with an older ENFP like me, I suspect it is the next best combo after the INTJ combo.
    Yep, I think older ISxJs are able to get past some non-traditional ENFP traits, they've developed a sense of the random with their inferior Ne, and older ENFPs who have more Si might actually want a more traditional future with a mate.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    2. less consideration of the longterm before jumping into relationships - i think most ENFPs would really like to believe they can make it work with anyone, so they may be more willing than some other types (eg more practical ISTJs) to venture into a relationship despite warning signs and/or past experiences that suggest that things might not quite work out. this is true of Ps in general as well.
    This is very well observed. ENFPs live in a fantasy world. Too future focused, not looking enough to the past to learn from their mistakes.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    This is very well observed. ENFPs live in a fantasy world. Too future focused, not looking enough to the past to learn from their mistakes.
    Speak for yourself. I have Si.

am I the only one unsure do I learn from my mistakes?! Does this automatically mean I dont?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Speak for yourself. I have Si.
    Good for you.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    am I the only one unsure do I learn from my mistakes?! Does this automatically mean I dont?
    I'd like some discussion on that too, from the ENFP perspective.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    This is actually INFPs you're thinking of. ENFPs have enough of a connection to the real world to be as much present-focused as they are future-focused. They might not learn from their mistakes (they are Ps after all...), but as far as being too future-focused, that's one of the differences between INFPs and ENFPS.

ENFPs are active enough in the present world to be able to see when they're getting too far off into the future.

INFPs lack that connection to the "now" world and are much more likely to float away if you don't watch them carefully.

EDIT: That argument is clearly made from an outside perspective. From the perspective of what actually is "too much", they maintain a healthy level of situation awareness.
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

MBTI
    ISFJ

^Dude, I'm an ENFP And active would not be the first word that comes to mind when I think of myself. When I say too future focused, I mean idealizing reality as if the future was full of green grass. We can live the moment somewhat erratically because we decided the future will be this or that.

But regardless of whether I'm wrong or right, NFPs are sufficiently similar between themselves imo for it to be true or false for both, depending on each particular individual of course.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

You're an extrovert.

That's the definition.

–noun
    1. an outgoing, gregarious person.
    2. Psychology. a person characterized by extroversion; a person concerned primarily with the physical and social environment (opposed to introvert).

–verb (used with object)
    4. Psychology. to direct (the mind, one's interest, etc.) outward or to things outside the self.

In this way, no, we're not alike. NFP means that you look towards the future, yes, but your extroverted nature makes you much more aware of immediate flaws by exposure to them on a frequency far higher than an introvert with be exposed to them. In this way, you, as an ENFP are much more likely to learn from mistakes because you will repeat them more often.

You're much more suited for relationships because you have more experience with them.

You may not think you are, but you are
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist