User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which NF type is most likely to get butthurt?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

20 23.53%
  • ENFJ

12 14.12%
  • INFP

39 45.88%
  • ENFP

14 16.47%
12311 Last

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default Which NF type is most likely to get butthurt?

ButtHurt (from UrbanDictionary.com) An inappropriately strong negative emotional response from a perceived personal insult. Characterized by strong feelings of shame. Frequently associated with a cessation of communication and overt hostility towards the "aggressor."

Butthurt (from Wiktionary.org)

1. Annoyance because of a perceived insult.
    2. Upset because of a perceived injustice.
    ==========================
    I had never heard of the term butthurt until participating this forum. Subsequently, this word has been rolling around in my head for several weeks now. I find myself trying to work it into conversations just to be able to feel it roll off my tongue, regardless of the potential for my conversation partners to characterize my speech as that of a scatalogically-obsessed adolescent male.

Then it occurred to me that there is a serious question for NFs (and those who know and love NFs) to consider. Which of the four NF personality types is most likely to get "butthurt" and why?
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    INFJ

This is my first time coming across such a term. I thought you meant which type would get their butt's hurt if they fell?

I voted INFJ.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

LOL!

I also voted INFJ. I'm still processing why my intuition tells me this is so. Anyone's thoughts on this matter are appreciated. My gut feeling is in the order of most likely to get butthurt...

1. INFJ
    2. ENFJ / INFP (about the same)
    3. ENFP

Again, I can't yet tell you why I feel this way. I'm hoping some reflection will bring my reasoning to the surface.

MBTI
    INFJ

Butthurt makes my mind go to very dirty places... I can't say I like the term, but I do get the appeal.

Also, when do annoyances come from UN-perceived insults or injustices? If you don't perceive it, you can't be hurt by it, right?

One more question - is there an event that motivated the thread? What did you vote, EW?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Well, probability dictates that ENFJs (and I'm ignoring ENFPs and INFJs as viable answers since they aren't F dominants) would be more susceptible to other people's standards, since they value harmony so much. On the other hand, they might be more inline with actual social standards since Fe is more pragmatic than Fi. So, probably INFPs. But they are probably least likely to show it than ENFJs.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    Well, probability dictates that ENFJs (and I'm ignoring ENFPs and INFJs as viable answers since they aren't F dominants) would be more susceptible to other people's standards, since they value harmony so much. On the other hand, they might be more inline with actual social standards since Fe is more pragmatic than Fi. So, probably INFPs. But they are probably least likely to show it than ENFJs.
    Moiety, I immediately thought of ENFJs as being the least likely to outwardly display they are butthurt. Can you explain further?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by mochajava View Post
    One more question - is there an event that motivated the thread? What did you vote, EW?
    I guess, the motivation started with the puerile appeal of the term butthurt. However, it quickly evolved into a situation in which I'm seeking to understand why certain NF types seemed to be more sensitive than others.

For example, I've had more than one INFJ on this forum assume I was dead serious and being mean, when in reality I was just joking or teasing. Now, this may have to do (at least in part) with my presentation style. In other words, I'm unintentionally tapping into butthurt-ness. Thus, I'd like to figure out why NFs get butthurt and tailor my approach.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    Moiety, I immediately thought of ENFJs as being the least likely to outwardly display they are butthurt. Can you explain further?
    Really? I think ENFJ butthurtness is the easiest to pick up on. I can't really explain it, other than the logic I gave. F-dominant, more prone to butthurtedness. Between Fe-dominant and Fi-dominant, I think the Fe-dominant is more dependent on social validation, and thusly more hurt if you "insult" him/her seeing as how they pride themselves on being so good at being social butterflies and people of charisma.

An INFP is too self-loathing to feel that much butthurt. And they are used to be called weird probably. And used to thinking other people are stupid or unskillful in their ways.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Based on my own personal experiences I voted ENFP. Also, I would say NTs are more sensitive than NFs and get butthurt way more easily.
    To hurt an NF you actually need to violate some ethic or code that a lot of thought and consideration went into.
    NT's get hurt because you simply don't agree with them and thus their fragile little egos bleed all over the place.

JMHO

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Based on my own personal experiences I voted ENFP. Also, I would say NTs are more sensitive than NFs and get butthurt way more easily.
    To hurt an NF you actually need to violate some ethic or code that a lot of thought and consideration went into.
    NT's get hurt because you simply don't agree with them and thus their fragile little egos bleed all over the place.

JMHO
    Arclight, this is interesting. I have often considered that the NTs must think the NFs were a bunch of "big ole' women" over here at the NF Idyllic forum.

My experience is that ENFPs can normally take a joke and tend to be pretty happy, go lucky. But my experiences might be skewed because I'm pretty laid back and happy go lucky. So I tend to attract such ENFPs.