• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Which NF type is most likely to get butthurt?

Which NF type is most likely to get butthurt?

• INFJ

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • INFP

Votes: 37 45.7%
  • ENFP

Votes: 14 17.3%

• Total voters

Mr. Sherlock Holmes

Consulting Detective
MBTI Type
JiNe
Enneagram
5W4
Probably INFP because they have so much Fi, and if unbalanced, they can be very upset by slight offenses to their values.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well INFJs have inferior Se and ENFPs have demonic Se so therefore these types are most likely to accidentally bump into things and thus get their butts hurt.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Sticks and stones may break my bones,
but words can't hurt my butt...

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What is the etymology of "butthurt" anyway? Do I want to know?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Edgar might be able to tell you. Have you seen his avatar?

Hopelandic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
me
Fi looks behind actions to see motivations. I can take a lot of shit from people who I know and trust.

I think enfj. I think a lot of -actions- can set fe types off. It doesn't matter about your intentions or not, an action is an action.

Every person is different of course. I know some dom. thinking persons that get more butthurt than nf's.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Can we please stop voting for INFP so much.
My non-butthurt tolerance ratio is conditional. :D

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Can we please stop voting for INFP so much.
My non-butthurt tolerance ratio is conditional. :D

Honestly, from everything that I've read, I think that the INFP constant butthurt is a myth, blown out of proportion of what people think INFP's are. I probably have more anal bleeding than you ;)

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'd say there are different kinds of butthurt.

INFPs always strike me as more of the "BAW" butthurt.
ENFJs strike me as "GRR" butthurt
ENFPs and INFJs get this weird "BAW/GRR" mixture.

I know, my technical terms are so eloquent :cool:

G

Ginkgo

:rofl1:

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I agree with Biaxident that you have to matter in my world first. Part of that is that I weed out people who say the wrong thing more than once or who skirt the edge of hurting my feelings too often, or who play with my emotions (I pity da fool); if I think they're like to give me a pain in my ass, I don't take up with them in the first place. However. If I do take up with them and they are pains in the ass, yeah, I get butthurt. Because then they are RUINING my PLAN, dammit. Damn them. Damn them all.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I agree with Biaxident that you have to matter in my world first. Part of that is that I weed out people who say the wrong thing more than once or who skirt the edge of hurting my feelings too often, or who play with my emotions (I pity da fool); if I think they're like to give me a pain in my ass, I don't take up with them in the first place. However. If I do take up with them and they are pains in the ass, yeah, I get butthurt. Because then they are RUINING my PLAN, dammit. Damn them. Damn them all.

Perhaps unintentional, Tiltyred, but this is one of the best articulations of INFJ angst that I've ever read. I think of that great exchange from "The Hunt for Red October":

Adm. Painter: What's his plan?
Jack Ryan: His plan?
Adm. Painter: Russians don't take a dump, son, without a plan.​

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb0QLxcvowk

^^^^^^
Can anyone tell me how to correctly embed this YouTube video? I've been trying to get this link to work for 15 minutes. The youtube button doesn't seem to be working. (Or I'm doing it wrong.) There's a great 7 second clip on youtube of this exchange at the above link. Until I get it fixed, you'll have to click on the link to see it. Thanks in advance for your help!

INFJs ALWAYS have a plan. I've learned the best way for me, an ENFP, (who often has no specific plan) to be a good friend to an INFJ is to give them some groan time when I do something that changes the INFJ plan. At least this works for me. Seems like if I give them "groan time" they're OK with a change in plan if they judge it a good change. But if I don't give them time, they dig in their heels.

Not sure that this is directly on point to the topic of butthurtness, but is interesting nonetheless.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

ew - i think the coding's changed - now it's

[ video = youtube ; Rb0QLxcvowk ] URL [ / video ]

minus all the spaces, of course

Unkindloving said:

that's pretty accurate :huh:

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Awwww..... Thank you Skylights! :hug:

I don't know how you know about the new code, but I genuflect in your general direction.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Eloquent or not, I think you're pretty much spot on there...