• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] Which NF type is most likely to get butthurt?

Which NF type is most likely to get butthurt?

• INFJ

Votes: 19 23.5%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 11 13.6%
  • INFP

Votes: 37 45.7%
  • ENFP

Votes: 14 17.3%

• Total voters

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I vote the N-doms of the NFs. More likely to read into things, IMO.

I can't argue with this. But it does seem that Ne + Ti (INFJs) makes for a more dolorous tendencies. I've had more than one on this forum assume I had the worst intentions when I was just joking around. Might be my Te rubbing their Ti the wrong way I think.

I think that ENFPs do read meaning into EVERYTHING. My experience has been it depends on whether or not I'm judging what I'm observing via my Fi or Te that has a radical effect on how I respond.

If I judge with Fi, then I sometimes overly moralize things and if I judge something as hurtful I get WAY hurt. If I judge it as loving, I feel WAY love.

If I judge something with my Te, I tend to have a "No shit, huh" kind of response that allows me to stay cool and collected.

My real life experience is that ENFPs get pouty easily, but then get over it relatively quickly; and INFJs blow up out of nowhere & hold some ridiculous grudge for years, often over something they've done themselves (can dish it out, but not take it). I consider that the most "butthurt"

Here again, I completely agree with OrangeAppled. I can get riled up easily, but I also let it go easily. The INFJs I know hold it in until they are about to explode. Then, when the floodgates are released.... whoa Nellie. You're gonna see a whole lot of butthurtin' expressed.

(God I both love and hate the word butthurt all at the same time. Or perhaps I hate myself for liking it so much.)

INFPs get really, really quiet when hurt, and if it's noted, then people often don't know why & tend to assume it is something more frivolous than it really is (which may seem "butthurt" to them). If an INFP snaps back, there's a greater chance they think they are playing your game, not necessarily hurt (NTs aren't the only sardonic ones...). Sometimes people see hostility when it's just a passionate interest in a topic; NPs like to consider different perspectives indepth, and may even play devil's advocate with people.

This is very true of my INFP BFF. She gets super quiet when she's really, really upset. I always joke with her that she takes the old adage, "You can say more with a whisper than a scream" to heart.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I kind of love and hate "butthurt" at the same time too.

Speaking for myself as an INFJ, I get butthurt very seldom, but if I really do, then the butthurtness can be extreme and last for years. I'm talking about holding grudges really. It hasn't happened often, and there was always a huge buildup of butthurtful behaviour leading up to it. So it's sort of justified, but sort of not. Hanging onto the butthurt ends up being really bad for me too.

However, I have an INFJ friend who is much more likely to get butthurt over things I consider a bit petty and say things like "I just have to keep my distance from her now! She's just so bad for me!" but then in a few weeks or months later she'll get over it and be friends with them again. If I get to the point where I say "they're so bad for me, I have to keep my distance" I'm much more likely to really mean it long-term.

Biaxident

Charting a course
MBTI Type
INFP
You actually need to be more involved in my life than occasionally having a three or four sentence exchange over the 1nT3rW3b, or in real life, for me to get butt-hurt by something you do. Which rules out 99.99999% of people.

The run of the mill asshat, has about as much impact on my life as a drop of rain on a tank. I let them say what they want, they generally prove how stupid and obnoxious they truly are, soon after their arrival.

:coffee:

sculpting

I just saw this term the other day and was somewhat ewwwww'ed by it. Ew. Ewwwwwww. Yuck.

ENFPs will get...butthurt...and puke it back at you. So if an external response is required, I'd have to go with the ENFP.

William K

Uniqueorn
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
You know, from the main forum page in the Last Post column, if the latest post happens in this thread, it will be shown as

Which NF type is most likely to get butthurt by <poster name here>

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP > ENFJ > INFJ > ENFP.

Craft

Probably Most Brilliant
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Why did you make a poll?

Affably Evil

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
The question is what exactly is "more" butthurt: whether it's taking offense more often but less deeply, or taking offense less often but more deeply when it happens. And I don't think the vociferousness of the butthurt has predilection based on type, but rather, the audience, so results may be getting skewed that way — people getting butthurt (but "not really") and yelling about it, versus people getting butthurt and not telling people, and so on.

There's also the maturity and sensitivity angle. When I was a child I was very sensitive to everyone's explicit and ambiguous meanings and moods, which made me take people's ideas more personally than they might be warranted. But now as an adult most things roll off me — with the once-in-a-eon slow epic pressure cooker volcano meltdown, but that's usually something more substantial than being oversensitive or insecure.

All types are likely to get butthurt, though as NFs we're less likely to categorically reject it as useful information just because it's subjective data.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
i think we all get fairly equally butthurt, just over different things, and we display it differently.

NFJs project cold and disappointment when they're butthurt, and NFPs project angry heat. ENFs can also seem less reactionary because they're more consistently open about their opinions.

theoretical "perceived butthurtness" ranking, most -> least:

INFP
ENFP
INFJ
ENFJ

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
this thread is high in the ranking for 'dumbest thread evar'.

:cheese:

Perhaps... but if you spelled 'ever' correctly, it'd give your comments more sway. :devil:

The run of the mill asshat, has about as much impact on my life as a drop of rain on a tank. I let them say what they want, they generally prove how stupid and obnoxious they truly are, soon after their arrival.

:coffee:

Asshat is another great word.

Esoteric Wench

Professional Trickster
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
You know, from the main forum page in the Last Post column, if the latest post happens in this thread, it will be shown as

Which NF type is most likely to get butthurt by <poster name here>

That's pretty darn funny!

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I voted for ENFJ.

ENFP was a very close second.

I think that the J causing rigidity in certain situations, where P causes more flexibility, was the deciding factor. An ENFP by far has more emotional potential for butthurtedness, but their P lets them adapt to it more fluidly where a J is more likely become rigid to things that they don't dogmatically care about, causing a higher potential for the butthurtedness to actually take root and come to being.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
So our conclusion is that all NF's have sensitive anuses with slightly different flavors?