User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which NF type is most likely to get butthurt?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

20 23.53%
  • ENFJ

12 14.12%
  • INFP

39 45.88%
  • ENFP

14 16.47%
First 7891011 Last

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Butt hurt sort of implies a violation of an agressive nature. I get over stuff too quickly for it to be called that.
    INFJ can mull over stuff for years. Small stuff...ENFJ's too.
    You ever had a phone call where some one is talking about a conversation you had with them three years ago, and then they tell you they were really hurt by what you said? Only you can't remember the conversation (but you kinda laugh, because it sounds like some thing you'd say...which sort doesn't help), and you are a little WTF? Why do you guys do that? Why not say some thing closer to the time, instead of ambushing?
    This what I call butt hurt, 'cos getting it out at the time is more healthy.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISFJ

That is true^

I don't think I get butthurt that often, but I'm sure I don't hold resentments ever.

A window to the soul

Speaking from extensive personal experience with the following 3-types:

INFP - warm & fuzzy on the outside, warm & fuzzy on the inside.
    Least likely to get hurt or grudge about little things. Quick to forgive; doesn't care who's to blame. (Can't stay mad longer than a few hours; worst case, a couple of days. Most likely out of all of the types listed above, to eat humble pie and initiate working towards conflict resolution at any cost.)

Will forgive. Will forget.

INFJ - a little cold on the outside, warm & fuzzy on the inside.
    Seems to get hurt easily, but you don't know for sure because they hold stuff in and let it snowball. Will try to write you off, but eventually fail at it and works towards conflict resolution by their own initiative. Needs lots of time to cool off before approached with an apology (can mean waiting weeks or months).

Will forgive. Will eventually forget.

ENFJ - warm & fuzzy on the outside, a little cold on the inside.
    What I would call a 'drama queen' in conflict - seems to get hurt easily, talks about it with everyone, and won't think twice about writing you off. Can be talked down off that ledge with patience and an unlimited supply of empathy.

Will forgive. Will never forget.

...again, my opinion based on experience and does not apply to everyone of these types.
    Last edited by A window to the soul; 11-15-2010 at 09:41 AM.

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by FireyPheonix View Post
    Butt hurt sort of implies a violation of an agressive nature. I get over stuff too quickly for it to be called that.
    INFJ can mull over stuff for years. Small stuff...ENFJ's too.
    You ever had a phone call where some one is talking about a conversation you had with them three years ago, and then they tell you they were really hurt by what you said? Only you can't remember the conversation (but you kinda laugh, because it sounds like some thing you'd say...which sort doesn't help), and you are a little WTF? Why do you guys do that? Why not say some thing closer to the time, instead of ambushing?
    This what I call butt hurt, 'cos getting it out at the time is more healthy.
    Maybe it's an ENFJ thing more though.
    Yeah, I'm all class, I quoted myself.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

I promised myself the next time I felt butthurt to pay attention to my reaction (As luck would have it.it happened today). I got kind of quiet and pouty. I could also hear a harsh edge in my tone.
    I was reasonable and talked it through with the person. It got solved and I won't look back.

But I also wont forget.. But not in a I am "keeping score kind of way". More like I found something new to be sensitive to and be aware of.
    My tendency is to feel every hurt I ever felt by whatever caused the hurt so that each time a similar situation arises I will feel the compounded effect which can make it seem like I am overreacting.
    I am not really. Whatever hurt me is just going up against history.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    My tendency is to feel every hurt I ever felt by whatever caused the hurt so that each time a similar situation arises I will feel the compounded effect which can make it seem like I am overreacting.
    I am not really. Whatever hurt me is just going up against history.
    i'm like this too. i forgive but it's not realistically possible to forget, to a certain extent. i can't just zap painful things out of my mind entirely (or at least, it would be really unhealthy to) - and to a certain extent it just freaks me out to picture the same thing happening again and again. it feels like the other person really doesn't care.

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    I'd say there are different kinds of butthurt.

INFPs always strike me as more of the "BAW" butthurt.
    ENFJs strike me as "GRR" butthurt
    ENFPs and INFJs get this weird "BAW/GRR" mixture.

I know, my technical terms are so eloquent
    OK, maybe it's just me, but I don't understand this. What do you mean by BAW and GRR.

ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    OK, maybe it's just me, but I don't understand this. What do you mean by BAW and GRR.

It is not just you, but I didn't risk to ask Was wondering if those are noises you make (even then I don't know) or an abbreviation for something.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Tater View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    It is not just you, but I didn't risk to ask Was wondering if those are noises you make (even then I don't know) or an abbreviation for something.
    What figures is the boyfriend loling over it .

Basically, "BAW" would be more a more saddened butthurt, while "GRR" is a more frustrated butthurt. This isn't to say that types don't have moments of the opposite, but I see it as being very circumstantial. It's rare that myself or the ENFJs I know will find many situations to be openly "BAW" toward.. etc. Then there's how I see INFP frustration to be a product of sadness, whereas ENFJ sadness is a product of frustration. Could be wrong, but it's what I've observed.
    As for the INFJs and ENFPs, they can be like a see-saw of sad and frustrated butthurt. It can get very back and forth and be consistent only in its inconsistency. Buuuuut, I've not witnessed a ton of said types. INFP and ENFJ are more of my jam spectator sports
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

I see, thank you for the explanation

Well, I am sometimes GRR sometimes BAW I would say. Mostly BAW actually, but sometimes (especially with my parents) I am more GRR, then I react angry and aggressive.