User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which NF type is most likely to get butthurt?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

20 23.53%
  • ENFJ

12 14.12%
  • INFP

39 45.88%
  • ENFP

14 16.47%
First 34567 Last

Professional Trickster Esoteric Wench's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I vote the N-doms of the NFs. More likely to read into things, IMO.
    I can't argue with this. But it does seem that Ne + Ti (INFJs) makes for a more dolorous tendencies. I've had more than one on this forum assume I had the worst intentions when I was just joking around. Might be my Te rubbing their Ti the wrong way I think.

I think that ENFPs do read meaning into EVERYTHING. My experience has been it depends on whether or not I'm judging what I'm observing via my Fi or Te that has a radical effect on how I respond.

If I judge with Fi, then I sometimes overly moralize things and if I judge something as hurtful I get WAY hurt. If I judge it as loving, I feel WAY love.

If I judge something with my Te, I tend to have a "No shit, huh" kind of response that allows me to stay cool and collected.

My real life experience is that ENFPs get pouty easily, but then get over it relatively quickly; and INFJs blow up out of nowhere & hold some ridiculous grudge for years, often over something they've done themselves (can dish it out, but not take it). I consider that the most "butthurt"
    Here again, I completely agree with OrangeAppled. I can get riled up easily, but I also let it go easily. The INFJs I know hold it in until they are about to explode. Then, when the floodgates are released.... whoa Nellie. You're gonna see a whole lot of butthurtin' expressed.

(God I both love and hate the word butthurt all at the same time. Or perhaps I hate myself for liking it so much.)

INFPs get really, really quiet when hurt, and if it's noted, then people often don't know why & tend to assume it is something more frivolous than it really is (which may seem "butthurt" to them). If an INFP snaps back, there's a greater chance they think they are playing your game, not necessarily hurt (NTs aren't the only sardonic ones...). Sometimes people see hostility when it's just a passionate interest in a topic; NPs like to consider different perspectives indepth, and may even play devil's advocate with people.
    This is very true of my INFP BFF. She gets super quiet when she's really, really upset. I always joke with her that she takes the old adage, "You can say more with a whisper than a scream" to heart.
    ENFP with kick*ss Te | 7w8 so | ♀

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I kind of love and hate "butthurt" at the same time too.

Speaking for myself as an INFJ, I get butthurt very seldom, but if I really do, then the butthurtness can be extreme and last for years. I'm talking about holding grudges really. It hasn't happened often, and there was always a huge buildup of butthurtful behaviour leading up to it. So it's sort of justified, but sort of not. Hanging onto the butthurt ends up being really bad for me too.

However, I have an INFJ friend who is much more likely to get butthurt over things I consider a bit petty and say things like "I just have to keep my distance from her now! She's just so bad for me!" but then in a few weeks or months later she'll get over it and be friends with them again. If I get to the point where I say "they're so bad for me, I have to keep my distance" I'm much more likely to really mean it long-term.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

You actually need to be more involved in my life than occasionally having a three or four sentence exchange over the 1nT3rW3b, or in real life, for me to get butt-hurt by something you do. Which rules out 99.99999% of people.

The run of the mill asshat, has about as much impact on my life as a drop of rain on a tank. I let them say what they want, they generally prove how stupid and obnoxious they truly are, soon after their arrival.

I just saw this term the other day and was somewhat ewwwww'ed by it. Ew. Ewwwwwww. Yuck.

ENFPs will get...butthurt...and puke it back at you. So if an external response is required, I'd have to go with the ENFP.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

this thread is high in the ranking for 'dumbest thread evar'.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

You know, from the main forum page in the Last Post column, if the latest post happens in this thread, it will be shown as

Which NF type is most likely to get butthurt by <poster name here>
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

INFP > ENFJ > INFJ > ENFP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    N/A

Why did you make a poll?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

The question is what exactly is "more" butthurt: whether it's taking offense more often but less deeply, or taking offense less often but more deeply when it happens. And I don't think the vociferousness of the butthurt has predilection based on type, but rather, the audience, so results may be getting skewed that way — people getting butthurt (but "not really") and yelling about it, versus people getting butthurt and not telling people, and so on.

There's also the maturity and sensitivity angle. When I was a child I was very sensitive to everyone's explicit and ambiguous meanings and moods, which made me take people's ideas more personally than they might be warranted. But now as an adult most things roll off me — with the once-in-a-eon slow epic pressure cooker volcano meltdown, but that's usually something more substantial than being oversensitive or insecure.

All types are likely to get butthurt, though as NFs we're less likely to categorically reject it as useful information just because it's subjective data.
    5w4 sx/sp