User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which NF type is most likely to get butthurt?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

20 23.53%
  • ENFJ

12 14.12%
  • INFP

39 45.88%
  • ENFP

14 16.47%
First 12345 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    I'm sorry, the INFJs I know are cold on the outside. They never show how they feel. INFPs are a bit like that in my experience. They're always this calm and hamronious on the outside, but once in a blue moon, when they had too much, they start crying. INFJs never cry, or at least not with other people around them.
    I almost drowned in the tears of an INFJ.. true story..

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i would say infj, enfj, infp, enfp i think ni + fe is more likely than ne + fi
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    We're cold on the outside? Maybe I'm a weird INFJ, but one of the things I dislike about myself is how much people can see emotion on my face even when I would like to hide it (so that it can be processed, or addressed at a more suitable time, or so that others can't see when they've hurt me).

I think we often have a "nice" blandish exterior for people we don't know very well, but if we are upset, parties who are interested would be able to tell. I think I mostly react to people who are close to me who hurt me. I may feel distressed by people who aren't close, but if they are not worth of engaging in conflict with (either unavoidable people in my life or those who matter the world to me), I probably would feel annoyance more than hurt.
    i don't find infjs at all cold...i find that they may wish to not show their sensitivity but it permeates my whole being probably more than any other type.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    Agreed. And here I quote Oscar Wilde, whom articulated my personal stance on this issue quite well:

In response to the OP: I have offended more ENFP's than I can count. The other three types not so much. Does this mean ENFP's are more likely to get butthurt? Maybe, but probably not, given the HUGE sample size of ENFP's I know. For some reason I'm surrounded by ENFP's (I know at least 10 IRL), while I only know 1 INFP, 2 INFJ's, and 2 ENFJ's IRL. The more people I know of a specific type the more likely I am to encounter with disagreements with them, I guess.
    i think ti can have the potential to hurt enfps more than most functions...it's like stripping the emotionality or human element which is everything we stand for out of the equation...not always of course but in some cases...so it makes sense to me that that is your experience.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    We're cold on the outside? Maybe I'm a weird INFJ, but one of the things I dislike about myself is how much people can see emotion on my face even when I would like to hide it (so that it can be processed, or addressed at a more suitable time, or so that others can't see when they've hurt me).

I think we often have a "nice" blandish exterior for people we don't know very well, but if we are upset, parties who are interested would be able to tell. I think I mostly react to people who are close to me who hurt me. I may feel distressed by people who aren't close, but if they are not worth of engaging in conflict with (either unavoidable people in my life or those who matter the world to me), I probably would feel annoyance more than hurt.
    I have the opposite problem people can't usually tell when i'm upset.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Extroverts are probably more likely to communicate to others what they are feeling, but that doesn't mean they are more hurt. My own impression is that there isn't a category that is more sensitive, but just sensitive to different sorts of things. The idea of injustice can be framed a lot of different ways: suffering, falsehood, unfairness, etc. There are ways to frame it that can get a T going just as surely as an F, or any type.

There have been times that I will try to mirror back the style of language someone uses. If they use a harsh style, I'll try that in response to see their reaction. With other people I will stay calm and bring their energy level down. It depends on how far into their aggression they are. I don't think I would describe that as being hurt on my part. Sometimes I have been frustrated and try to show someone what they are saying by letting them hear it back by imitating their style, or in some cases literally reading back their own words.

I have a kind of sensitivity, but it isn't what people generally assume it to be. Generally it is harder to offend me than the average person. I don't know if that applies to other INFJs or INFPs, or the extraverted NFs. I just don't think NFs are particularly more sensitive than others. It's just a label.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFJ

Butthurt makes my mind go to very dirty places... I can't say I like the term, but I do get the appeal.

Also, when do annoyances come from UN-perceived insults or injustices? If you don't perceive it, you can't be hurt by it, right?

One more question - is there an event that motivated the thread? What did you vote, EW?

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by copperfish17 View Post
    Agreed. And here I quote Oscar Wilde, whom articulated my personal stance on this issue quite well:

In response to the OP: I have offended more ENFP's than I can count. The other three types not so much. Does this mean ENFP's are more likely to get butthurt? Maybe, but probably not, given the HUGE sample size of ENFP's I know. For some reason I'm surrounded by ENFP's (I know at least 10 IRL), while I only know 1 INFP, 2 INFJ's, and 2 ENFJ's IRL. The more people I know of a specific type the more likely I am to encounter with disagreements with them, I guess.
    The only thing that really offends me is when I can see bad intentions behind someone's actions. Brute reason is just a tool.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    I almost drowned in the tears of an INFJ.. true story..
    Really? Mine never cry. When they're sad, they always lock themselves up in a public toilet with a bottle of vodka and a ton of aspirines, waiting to be rescued.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

You've got to be pretty close to them for them to let you see them cry. Even then it's more of an involuntary thing than a "I just trust you so much I'm going to cry in front of you". I think we're more compelled to be authentically ourselves around the people we have strong feelings towards. On the other hand, I think some INFJs do have a tendancy to just close themselves off to people, especially if they are in a bad space.

In my experience ENFPs tend to get butthurt more. As I think about it though, I don't really think there's an objective measure of butthurtness - it's more like a chemical reaction depending on what two ingredients are mixed together.