User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which NF type is most likely to get butthurt?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

20 23.53%
  • ENFJ

12 14.12%
  • INFP

39 45.88%
  • ENFP

14 16.47%
First 1234 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I voted ENFJ, because ENFJs I know personally are permanently butthurt. Somehow they think everything is unfair to them. The INFs don't really show how they feel (especially the INFJs, they're cold on the outside) and ENFPs tend to be a mixed bag.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Tends to be the NFPs, in my experience.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    Arclight, this is interesting. I have often considered that the NTs must think the NFs were a bunch of "big ole' women" over here at the NF Idyllic forum.

My experience is that ENFPs can normally take a joke and tend to be pretty happy, go lucky. But my experiences might be skewed because I'm pretty laid back and happy go lucky. So I tend to attract such ENFPs.
    In my world, emotional sensitivity is a virtue.
    Ego sensitivity is just plain ugly.. ENFPs can fall a little too often into the ego category in my experiences.

I would rather deal with butthurt feelings than butthurt ego. again this is just my opinion.

That's my name biotch! JoSunshine's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNfj
    Enneagram

My butt usually feels just fine.

I don't get insulted easily. As a matter-of-fact my clients often tell me they like working with me because I'm not a temperamental artist and can take criticism. I don't find myself getting insulted personally that often either...if someone has a gripe with me I usually just try to figure out why and move on.

However, I would say that I am more sensitive to "injustices" than insults. I would say that I take exception to things I perceive as being unfair whether it is directed towards me or others.

I have no idea how that compares to other NF types though...I'm not close to any other NFs IRL so I don't think I could accurately make an assessment.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. " - Dr. Seuss
    I can't spell...get over it

Slightly ENFJ, totally JoSunshine
    Extroverted (E) 52.5%........Introverted (I) 47.5%
    Intuitive (N) 65.63%..........Sensing (S) 34.38%
    Feeling (F) 55.56%............Thinking (T) 44.44%
    Judging (J) 51.43%............Perceiving (P) 48.57%

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

We're cold on the outside? Maybe I'm a weird INFJ, but one of the things I dislike about myself is how much people can see emotion on my face even when I would like to hide it (so that it can be processed, or addressed at a more suitable time, or so that others can't see when they've hurt me).

I think we often have a "nice" blandish exterior for people we don't know very well, but if we are upset, parties who are interested would be able to tell. I think I mostly react to people who are close to me who hurt me. I may feel distressed by people who aren't close, but if they are not worth of engaging in conflict with (either unavoidable people in my life or those who matter the world to me), I probably would feel annoyance more than hurt.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by JoSunshine View Post
    My butt usually feels just fine.

I don't get insulted easily. As a matter-of-fact my clients often tell me they like working with me because I'm not a temperamental artist and can take criticism. I don't find myself getting insulted personally that often either...if someone has a gripe with me I usually just try to figure out why and move on.

However, I would say that I am more sensitive to "injustices" than insults. I would say that I take exception to things I perceive as being unfair whether it is directed towards me or others.

I have no idea how that compares to other NF types though...I'm not close to any other NFs IRL so I don't think I could accurately make an assessment.
    I think everyone (every F anyway) gets butthurt because of perceived unfairness. People just find different thing unfair I guess.

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Esoteric Wench View Post
    My experience is that ENFPs can normally take a joke and tend to be pretty happy, go lucky. But my experiences might be skewed because I'm pretty laid back and happy go lucky. So I tend to attract such ENFPs.
    It's true I tend to be a more serious person and don't really joke around when I'm having a discussion about something - well, anything on the forum, for example. Discussing concepts is serious business for me!! hahaha. So yeah, I might get annoyed when threads unravel or others aren't taking it as seriously as I. In real-life interactions, I notice this as a bit of an dom-Ne/dom-Ni difference (and to a certain extent aux-Ne). I know with Ne's irl, they might insert humor or try to lighten things up temporarily, which basically just distracts me and then the entire conversation is, well, severed for me. ha!! I can think of a few times where I was trying to explain something to someone, or getting really into the topic, and then they interjected with something fluffy or totally random or whatever, and then I'll be thinking to myself... do you even care what I'm saying? Are you even listening? And I'll then very likely have lost the oomph and desire to even discuss further. So yeah, if 'butthurt' is simply equal to annoyance at a distraction/total tangent, then I'm guilty sometimes.

But generally speaking I'm not offended by much at all, and I don't get emotionally riled up about much of anything, honestly.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/so
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    I think everyone (every F anyway) gets butthurt because of perceived unfairness. People just find different thing unfair I guess.
    Agreed. And here I quote Oscar Wilde, whom articulated my personal stance on this issue quite well:

I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect.
    In response to the OP: I have offended more ENFP's than I can count. The other three types not so much. Does this mean ENFP's are more likely to get butthurt? Maybe, but probably not, given the HUGE sample size of ENFP's I know. For some reason I'm surrounded by ENFP's (I know at least 10 IRL), while I only know 1 INFP, 2 INFJ's, and 2 ENFJ's IRL. The more people I know of a specific type the more likely I am to encounter with disagreements with them, I guess.
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    We're cold on the outside? Maybe I'm a weird INFJ, but one of the things I dislike about myself is how much people can see emotion on my face even when I would like to hide it (so that it can be processed, or addressed at a more suitable time, or so that others can't see when they've hurt me).

I think we often have a "nice" blandish exterior for people we don't know very well, but if we are upset, parties who are interested would be able to tell. I think I mostly react to people who are close to me who hurt me. I may feel distressed by people who aren't close, but if they are not worth of engaging in conflict with (either unavoidable people in my life or those who matter the world to me), I probably would feel annoyance more than hurt.
    I'm sorry, the INFJs I know are cold on the outside. They never show how they feel. INFPs are a bit like that in my experience. They're always this calm and hamronious on the outside, but once in a blue moon, when they had too much, they start crying. INFJs never cry, or at least not with other people around them.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    yupp

based on different types reaction to things i'd have to say INFP, we dont like ass rape ok!
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so