User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which NF type is most likely to get butthurt?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • INFJ

20 23.53%
  • ENFJ

12 14.12%
  • INFP

39 45.88%
  • ENFP

14 16.47%
First 89101112 Last

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    I see, thank you for the explanation

Well, I am sometimes GRR sometimes BAW I would say. Mostly BAW actually, but sometimes (especially with my parents) I am more GRR, then I react angry and aggressive.
    I've noticed this too. I think most people are more GRR toward their parents, but seeing it from INFPs just warms my heart for some reason. It's one of the few times where I witness the boyfriend being very biting and I get very "" over it.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i'm like this too. i forgive but it's not realistically possible to forget, to a certain extent. i can't just zap painful things out of my mind entirely (or at least, it would be really unhealthy to) - and to a certain extent it just freaks me out to picture the same thing happening again and again. it feels like the other person really doesn't care.
    Although this is partially what I mean.. I was more referencing that if persons A,B,C and D hurt me in some way, then when person E does it, I am not only reacting to them, but to every other time it has happened. Like if it's a lie.. It's like I feel the frustration of every single lie that has ever been told to me.
    However, in the case of a single person it has the exact same effect.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

INFP (my choice) is the clear winner.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm honestly surprised that INFJ got so many votes. While their sense of morality can be offended, and they'll doorslam you if you do something terrible, they aren't especially reactive in the way I'd label "butthurt."

Butthurt mainly seems to be the domain of NFPs, and ENFPs usually are able to laugh things off because of the distance of Ne-dom, or they'll get pissed before they actually get butthurt. I see more INFP whining than any other type on the forum, and I know as an ENFP I can be reactive.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I'm honestly surprised that INFJ got so many votes. While their sense of morality can be offended, and they'll doorslam you if you do something terrible, they aren't especially reactive in the way I'd label "butthurt."

Butthurt mainly seems to be the domain of NFPs, and ENFPs usually are able to laugh things off because of the distance of Ne-dom, or they'll get pissed before they actually get butthurt. I see more INFP whining than any other type on the forum, and I know as an ENFP I can be reactive.
    ENFPs have to shrug off being butthurt a bit if they still want to engage people (and as extraverts, they do).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    ????

But what does it mean to laugh things off? I can show outside no reaction at all, even tell to myself that it doesn't really bother me, but the fact that I even think about it shows to me that it bothers me in some way still I think.

I remember some situation where some girl which I wasn't actually close to in any way (although she was usually friendly to me and was even after that) giving some indirect, but very harsh insult on me in middle of class. You could notice a certain "Wow"-atmosphere in the air. I didn't show any reaction to this outside, and I didn't feel really much in that moment actually, but I know I had the words in my mind still which I played down with thoughts like "She doesn't really know me so why should I even care what she thinks?". I remember this situation still nearly 2 years later as if it happened yesterday, so I guess I was somewhat "butthurt" about it, even though I played it down back then and it didn't bother me back then for longer than some hour or two.

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    There's that term again: doorslam. Someone said a Dom Fi took issue with being accused of doorslamming. Meanwhile, there's an INFP doorslam thread in this forum.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Eckhart View Post
    But what does it mean to laugh things off? I can show outside no reaction at all, even tell to myself that it doesn't really bother me, but the fact that I even think about it shows to me that it bothers me in some way still I think.

I remember some situation where some girl which I wasn't actually close to in any way (although she was usually friendly to me and was even after that) giving some indirect, but very harsh insult on me in middle of class. You could notice a certain "Wow"-atmosphere in the air. I didn't show any reaction to this outside, and I didn't feel really much in that moment actually, but I know I had the words in my mind still which I played down with thoughts like "She doesn't really know me so why should I even care what she thinks?". I remember this situation still nearly 2 years later as if it happened yesterday, so I guess I was somewhat "butthurt" about it, even though I played it down back then and it didn't bother me back then for longer than some hour or two.
    Laughing it off means you truly think it's absurd and not important. I think that ENFPs can definitely get butthurt, I know I do, but it mainly registers when it feels like a personal attack or it concerns someone's opinion they really value. I'm more likely to fight back, which is what I think Unkindloving meant when she was making her distinctions between Grr and Baww.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Although this is partially what I mean.. I was more referencing that if persons A,B,C and D hurt me in some way, then when person E does it, I am not only reacting to them, but to every other time it has happened. Like if it's a lie.. It's like I feel the frustration of every single lie that has ever been told to me.
    However, in the case of a single person it has the exact same effect.
    ahhh. my bad.

that must be a difficult load to deal with for you. kind of rough on E too.

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ENFPs have to shrug off being butthurt a bit if they still want to engage people (and as extraverts, they do).
    it's true.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Probably INFP, but I voted for INFJ, because I felt like it.