User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 31

  1. #21
    mod love baby... Lady_X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so
    Posts
    18,086

    Default

    i think you're an enfp. i don't really analyze often what functions i'm using throughout the day but i know the enfp profile fits me more even if i don't feel like a typical extravert and after meeting my infp boyfriend i'm even more sure of that.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

  2. #22
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Okay, one thing I've noted about INFPs and ENFPs just on this forum (something that helped me) is outside of the stereotypes that ENFPs are more assertive/use more Te/are more forceful or outspoken...is that we can really lay on the charm when we want. INFPs seem to often complain about being not being noticed as much, ENFPs might have introvert tendencies, like spending a lot of time alone, but when we come out to shine, it's just a natural talent we have to engage people ... if we're immature or amoral we can even be total snakes. We have very little problem being flirty and laying on charm, or just intensely engaging other people. LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME. With some ENFPs they report it being effortless, even, like they're not even trying.

    I think we NEED other people more too even if we don't want to be around them all of the time. Like I want external approval, and the tendency of INFPs I've observed to not weigh their Fi against any outer opinion, or logic sometimes gets on my nerves.

    But I went through periods of social anxiety in my life, and that has nothing to do with introversion or extroversion.

    I need stimulation and change too, like I would go absolutely mad locked in a white room with no other people or other external stimuli for a week. I think INxx types would be able to think or entertain themselves doing that for a short period of time.

  3. #23
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    ^ holy crap, a week? i'd probably go nuts within 24 hours

  4. #24
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    Yeah I work in a studio sometimes, and I sleep there occasionally - and I figured out I could use AIM - but I've stupidly locked myself in without my phone or AIM or vent for 24-48 hours before and it makes me INSANELY DEPRESSED. I get agitated and feel a sense of non-reality.

    It's weird because I spend a lot of time on-line, but when I'm home I'm walking around or going outside, or even when I'm working on my editing I keep AIM on, sometimes vent, I'm always checking into Type C, sometimes go sit a coffee shop to do my work.

  5. #25
    On a mission Usehername's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I need stimulation and change too, like I would go absolutely mad locked in a white room with no other people or other external stimuli for a week. I think INxx types would be able to think or entertain themselves doing that for a short period of time.
    I'm pretty sure that simply by having a certain default way of being (in MBTI, the Ni dominance), I could outlast many other people without a lot of effort. Sort of like a very extraverted ExFJ being able to just energizer bunny their way through interpersonal situations one after the other. It's not that they're not a human that needs balance, it's that it's their default setting, so there's no wasted energy focusing on dealing with it.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

  6. #26
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    a lot of the attributes of INFP you guys have mentioned thus far sound more like me
    1) I could SO stay in my room for a week as long as I had access to my tea collection and a computer and a phone (I could last 1-3 days without a phone, but not a week)
    2) I consult others for information, but at the of the day, I don't care who approves of my decisions.
    3) INFPs are much less merciful about their values being violated than other NF types

    a have some ENFP listed here too
    1) definitely outspoken and assertive
    2) I don't deny logic the way it seems INFPs do
    3) I love to talk to people a lot if they can carry a good conversation (but not small talk)

  7. #27
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    I think the catch here is that you have to have a computer and a phone, dude. I have to not just have a computer, but computer access to certain people - like there is someone I talk to on AIM daily, another person I talk to somewhat regularly, and the kind of immediate interaction you get in vent, and occasionally on the forum. The fact that you think you could maybe only get through one day without a phone is telling in and of itself.

    I like to go outside, and even if you don't share my love of the great outdoors, it seems like you need people.

    I don't know - at the end of the day it's up to you. ENFPs seem to think we're introverts a lot though, and I'm definitely one of those until I did a lot of thinking and research and talking to others.

  8. #28
    Senior Member alexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    504

    Default

    I too have read that ENFP's are the most introverted extrovert. It seems accurate as sometimes I like nothing more than being left alone in my quiet apartment to read, sleep, watch History International all by myself and not have to deal with anyone else.

    I think it has to do with your company as well. I am seeing a ESFP guy at the moment and I turn into a HUGE introvert around him (like an INFJ or something). He is the one doing the talking and I am doing the STFU. He is the outgoing one in our pairing - by a long, long way. Now get me with my 2 ENFP girlfriends and none of us will shut up. You basically have to pry us apart to get us to stop gabbing.

    89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

  9. #29
    Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None
    Posts
    9,635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alexx View Post
    I too have read that ENFP's are the most introverted extrovert. It seems accurate as sometimes I like nothing more than being left alone in my quiet apartment to read, sleep, watch History International all by myself and not have to deal with anyone else.

    I think it has to do with your company as well. I am seeing a ESFP guy at the moment and I turn into a HUGE introvert around him (like an INFJ or something). He is the one doing the talking and I am doing the STFU. He is the outgoing one in our pairing - by a long, long way. Now get me with my 2 ENFP girlfriends and none of us will shut up. You basically have to pry us apart to get us to stop gabbing.
    omg, you sound SO much like me! =P I had an adorable ESFP friend in high school that I had a crush on and I always turns Enneagram 2 INFJ around him. I never wanted him to shut up tho, I thought he was cute and funny and had a personality like a puppy and I would act like I wasn't paying attention so he would do things like tickle me or surprise me in some way. he was really sensitive too and sometimes he would feel down if people respond to him, so I'd give him a hug and make him feel better. he would always sleep in class too so I carred around a snuggie in my backpack and covered him up with it whenever he wanted to take a nap. lolz

  10. #30
    Senior Member alexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    2w1
    Socionics
    ENFp
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elfboy View Post
    omg, you sound SO much like me! =P I had an adorable ESFP friend in high school that I had a crush on and I always turns Enneagram 2 INFJ around him. I never wanted him to shut up tho, I thought he was cute and funny and had a personality like a puppy and I would act like I wasn't paying attention so he would do things like tickle me or surprise me in some way. he was really sensitive too and sometimes he would feel down if people respond to him, so I'd give him a hug and make him feel better. he would always sleep in class too so I carred around a snuggie in my backpack and covered him up with it whenever he wanted to take a nap. lolz

    89% Extroverted ~ 68% Intuition ~ 84% Feeling ~ 89% Perceiving
    Enneagram: 2w1 SO/SP Socionics: ENFp
    Cognitive Process
    Se 30.4% Si 19.1% - Ne 38.4% Ni 26.4% - Te 23.1% Ti 20% - Fe 46.4% Fi 35.8%
    Sanguine | Phlegmatic
    Right Brain Dominant

Similar Threads

  1. Is it possible to be an "XXXX"?
    By swordpath in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-16-2016, 09:21 PM
  2. [ISFP] How is it possible to be an enneagram 5 ISFP?
    By captain curmudgeon in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-21-2016, 02:06 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-03-2014, 07:00 AM
  4. [NT] Is it possible to be an INTP that has ENTP tendencies?
    By Optimus Prime in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 08-01-2009, 04:02 PM
  5. Is it possible to be an INFJ with INTP tendencies?
    By aic in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-05-2008, 12:02 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO