• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] When you just know...

bronson

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
I have these surreal moments when I anticipate an occurence just prior to its happening.
Its like a freaky wow moment but is kind of cool.
Whilst possibly coincidental it seems to happen too regularly, and goes beyond simply reading people or the logical flow of conversation.
Often just small things like what someone is going to say or do... and obviously I can't even think of an example as soon as I try and talk about it :doh: !

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Probs not.. eh well

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I have certainly had these moments, and odd moments of synchronicity when I am thinking about something with apparent randomness and then almost immediately see or hear something related to it. A fairly trivial example - I was on the underground the other day and something randomly came into my mind about Sherlock Holmes and a moment later I saw someone carrying a bag from the Sherlock Holmes Museum.

Then again...I love Sherlock Holmes and it's not uncommon for him to flash through my mind randomly ;)

I can't quite decide about this. Like you, I sometimes feel that it happens often enough to suggest that it is more than coincidence. And I think many NFs have such experiences. Then again...it could be just coincidence, because think about all the times when it DOESN'T happen ;) And also, I do think that NFs are more likely to notice/care when such moments do happen, than other types would be.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
It's called deja vu and/or confirmation bias. It's a Ni trick your mind plays on ya.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ni alert!!!

i don't get these. but i'm jealous. :)

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ni sounds right to me.

And yes - I love this type of synchronicity! Has anyone read Paulo Coelho? He would probably assert that these synchronicities are an excellent thing to chart your life by!

mochajava

MBTI Type
INFJ
Ni sounds right to me.

And yes - I've experienced and love this type of synchronicity! Has anyone read Paulo Coelho? He would probably assert that these synchronicities are an excellent thing to chart your life by!

kyli_ryan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2wX
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I know I've experienced deja vu many times before, but something even more interesting--- do you ever get "feelings" about people before you really get to know them? I know that on many occasions, I've been able to pick out people who would be important to me, or who needed me, just by seeing them. I can't decide if I make the conscious decision that I'm going to spend time on them and the closeness develops BECAUSE of that, or if it's just a weird thing that happens...

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
I've got some freeky strong Ni sometimes, makes for strange dreams.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
This happens to me, usually in waves, and usually about odd stuff. For example: Don't have a penny when I want to use one then over the next couple of days they show up in parking lots, the washing machine, fall out of a pair of jeans and hits my foot, someone says "penny for your thoughts", meet someone named Penny, etc. It can get really strange sometimes. There are times when these synchronicities can be very useful, like being presented with information to a situation I'm trying to work out.