First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    Tkae - spoken like a true One - I mean that as a complement. You make a sound argument for NOT pleasing others. Just surprised to hear this from an INFP. Thanks for offering a different perspective.
    Everything he said is practically textbook Fi....how is that surprising from an INFP? It seems exactly what I'd expect an INFP to say......(and of course I mean that in a good way Tkae ).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

From what I heard, it is said that INFPs are natural people pleasers. I didn't hear this from other types, strangely, and I thought an INFJ was more of the people pleaser but surprisingly it wasn't. I guess our outward Pe, dom-Fi, Ne, and our quietness sadly make others misunderstand. Since we're so reserved and socialize little, people can assume, especially since there are many shallow extroverts (mostly Sensors).
    I am extremely quiet, an outcast, and conflict-avoidant. But I also have strengths too, that I can forgive you all because you are unique and special. I kill with kindness, hating violence and social conflicts. People always bully me into actually talking, but I can't. Just be your true self and know your strengths and weaknesses. Some weaknesses we cannot change, but work on your strengths, forgive, and accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by INFPtheQuietOne View Post
    From what I heard, it is said that INFPs are natural people pleasers. I didn't hear this from other types, strangely, and I thought an INFJ was more of the people pleaser but surprisingly it wasn't. I guess our outward Pe, dom-Fi, Ne, and our quietness sadly make others misunderstand. Since we're so reserved and socialize little, people can assume, especially since there are many shallow extroverts (mostly Sensors).
    I don't socialize little. I'm not reserved.
    Likes Xann liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    INFj Fi

Quote Originally Posted by hel View Post
    I don't socialize little. I'm not reserved.
    Well still I'm going to have to say most INFPs are very quiet around people who aren't close friends and since were on the quiet introvert side. Also, many INFPs including me still socialize fine though. We don't feel it's necessary to put on a loud, social mask which is pretty draining and tiring.
    I am extremely quiet, an outcast, and conflict-avoidant. But I also have strengths too, that I can forgive you all because you are unique and special. I kill with kindness, hating violence and social conflicts. People always bully me into actually talking, but I can't. Just be your true self and know your strengths and weaknesses. Some weaknesses we cannot change, but work on your strengths, forgive, and accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by INFPtheQuietOne View Post
    Well still I'm going to have to say most INFPs are very quiet around people who aren't close friends and since were on the quiet introvert side. Also, many INFPs including me still socialize fine though. We don't feel it's necessary to put on a loud, social mask which is pretty draining and tiring.
    You sound young. I'd be careful about using typology to find either a sense of belonging or uniqueness if I were you. Find your own self first.
    Likes chubber, themightyfetus, Xann liked this post

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram

Whether needing to please others depends on the person themselves. Maybe if the INFP's were like type 2-ish.

MBTI
    INFP

Not at all in my case. I have a near pathological need to take care of the weak and downtrodden but this doesn't translate at all into being a people pleaser day to day. I love my friends and will obviously try to be nice to them, but I don't bend over backwards to meet their every whim.
    Likes MyCupOfTea liked this post

I try to do my best to meet other people needs and to make sure everyone feels good and comfortable, but only via some sort of very non-agressive and sort of apethic kind of way. I do not feel like activly hepling people, I only feel the need to meet their needs when we share time together so it can be pleasant for both of us, being on good terms with people is important for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post

But I don't think it's in the NFP nature, as a generalization, to try to please others, unless they strongly love those others. I can go out of my way to please someone I love, but that's a person I love, not just random people.

From what I have seen NFPs can go into an FJ mode if enough problems piles up and people are in real need. (hurricanes, earthquakes, wars .... etc.)
    Likes themightyfetus liked this post

Pretty sure I'm an INFP and I definitely don't feel a need to please others, generally speaking. However, I do try to get along with most people unless I dislike them. My communication style on the interwebz is vastly different from offline because of the nature of online communities. I think I empathize less with anonymous avatars in cyberspace as a result of not being able to engage people face-to-face and read their expressions and reactions. I probably seem more contentious online, especially when debating values, because it seems to me like I'm merely arguing against ideas and words on a screen rather than a person who is emotionally attached to their beliefs.