User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    I never asked you to be civil, in fact, I think it's insulting to lie and act nice. Perhaps some of us like to be insulted - I do.
    You can find another forum to seek that out. It's not the purpose of this one.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    You can find another forum to seek that out. It's not the purpose of this one.
    Oh, I've already found other forums. Just the same, the amount of pretentious and condescending (that's the word I'm looking for) individuals on this forum - playing passive aggressive - is why you are a hypocrite.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    First of all, I'm not "acting" anything.

Second, insulting people isn't more "real" than being nice.
    Congratulations, you're finally catching on.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    It's not fun to be around exploding Fe doms nor the intense moody vibe of an Fi dom. Both can be really scary!
    Having been around both sides of that one, definitely! I can't speak for other INFP's about this per se, but personally, I try to keep my moods more to myself and not ?foist? them upon the world. Let's see if I can explain that better. I'm in many ways very self-contained, so whatever mood I am in, I am experiencing it, but I have no need to emanate that mood to others or make them feel it to. I can keep it in my own little bubble. Others will see that bubble, but they are not forced to participate in it. I don't know if ENFJ's are trying to emanate their moods to others per se, I would guess not, but between being "lets put things out there" [E] and "this is how this is" [J], I think its hard for them NOT to put it all out there in a way that affects others. It's like a light bulb thats on but is usually off, you can't not see it. EJ directiveness, even when you don't necessarily want it.

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    Oh, I've already found other forums. Just the same, the amount of pretentious and condescending (that's the word I'm looking for) individuals on this forum - playing passive aggressive - is why you are a hypocrite.
    Did you just call a moderator a hypocrite for telling you what the purpose of the forum isn't? Most people at least pretend to care what the moderators think, or at least attempt coherance.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    Having been around both sides of that one, definitely! I can't speak for other INFP's about this per se, but personally, I try to keep my moods more to myself and not ?foist? them upon the world. Let's see if I can explain that better. I'm in many ways very self-contained, so whatever mood I am in, I am experiencing it, but I have no need to emanate that mood to others or make them feel it to. I can keep it in my own little bubble. Others will see that bubble, but they are not forced to participate in it. I don't know if ENFJ's are trying to emanate their moods to others per se, I would guess not, but between being "lets put things out there" [E] and "this is how this is" [J], I think its hard for them NOT to put it all out there in a way that affects others. It's like a light bulb thats on but is usually off, you can't not see it. EJ directiveness, even when you don't necessarily want it.
    And at this point I must step into the thread.

You may think you're keeping it to yourself but believe me, maybe it's because I'm a F-dom myself, but with Fi-doms they're feelings just emanate from them in pulsing waves without saying a word. When it's a good mood, it's a silent cheery buoyancy like a fragrant flower in the room contributing to the overall pleasantness and well-being of the atmosphere. When it's bad it's this inexplicable draining energy. It's like having rotting food somewhere that you can smell but you can't find where it is. When a Fe-dom rages and spews it's hard to ignore because we won't let you ignore it. I can agree with that and that's bad enough within its own right. With IxFPs, it's some toxic green fumes coming through the ventilation system or something crazy like that and you find people lying dead on the floor with a Fi-dom standing over them saying "Did I do that??" It's Legionnaires disease, I swear it!
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    And at this point I must step into the thread.

You may think you're keeping it to yourself but believe me, maybe it's because I'm a F-dom myself, but with Fi-doms they're feelings just emanate from them in pulsing waves without saying a word. When it's a good mood, it's a silent cheery buoyancy like a fragrant flower in the room contributing to the overall pleasantness and well-being of the atmosphere. When it's bad it's this inexplicable draining energy. It's like having rotting food somewhere that you can smell but you can't find where it is. When a Fe-dom rages and spews it's hard to ignore because we won't let you ignore it. I can agree with that and that's bad enough within its own right. With IxFPs, it's some toxic green fumes coming through the ventilation system or something crazy like that and you find people lying dead on the floor with a Fi-dom standing over them saying "Did I do that??" It's Legionnaires disease, I swear it!
    I have to say that I have never experienced that. I work with lots of NT's and TJ's, not exactly people that seem to notice or care about others emotional states or feelings. In fact, I'm not sure I can recall ever seeing or participating in ANY displays of emotions or feelings while at work. Ok, I just thought of one counterexample, but ONLY one.

Since I was reading on a different thread, you work as support for a R+D group, is that correct? Can you tell me anything about what this group does? I'm about the only F on the technical side, but a lot of our support people are S's and F's. A couple of ISFPs, an ENFJ, I'm guessing an ISFJ, and then a bunch of STJ's.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Scott N Denver View Post
    I have to say that I have never experienced that. I work with lots of NT's and TJ's, not exactly people that seem to notice or care about others emotional states or feelings. In fact, I'm not sure I can recall ever seeing or participating in ANY displays of emotions or feelings while at work. Ok, I just thought of one counterexample, but ONLY one.
    That's the key phrase right there, they don't notice it. That doesn't mean it's not happening though it may or may not be. Since you're in an environment that's not as sensitive to emotions unless they're extreme displays. I lived with several INFPs in college as roommates and have several IxFP coworkers. I don't find that they hide anything well, it's just quieter and if you're not looking or observant towards those things then yes, it goes unnoticed.

Since I was reading on a different thread, you work as support for a R+D group, is that correct? Can you tell me anything about what this group does? I'm about the only F on the technical side, but a lot of our support people are S's and F's. A couple of ISFPs, an ENFJ, I'm guessing an ISFJ, and then a bunch of STJ's.
    I'm not in R&D...I work at a mental health organization so our research tends to be more physiological, neurological and psychological than other hard sciences. But I'll answer what I can if you ask.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

That's the key phrase right there, they don't notice it. That doesn't mean it's not happening though it may or may not be. Since you're in an environment that's not as sensitive to emotions unless they're extreme displays. I lived with several INFPs in college as roommates and have several IxFP coworkers. I don't find that they hide anything well, it's just quieter and if you're not looking or observant towards those things then yes, it goes unnoticed.
    Ok. I guess all I can say that is that with maybe an exception or two, I'm trying to remember but don't recall in enough detail, no one has ever mentioned this to me. I have been looked at a lot and told by people that I am too passive and the like, which to me seems sorta the opposite of controlling the collective emotional atmosphere.

I'm not in R&D...I work at a mental health organization so our research tends to be more physiological, neurological and psychological than other hard sciences. But I'll answer what I can if you ask.
    Sorry, I saw "research" and made the jump to "R+D". For technical science and engineering stuff R=> R+D, but not all R need imply R+D. Sorry for the slip up.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

eruptions of strange noises, flailing limbs
    I know someone I suspect is an ENFJ who does exactly that. I was worried for a while, but now I can rest assured that she is a happy healthy ENFJ