User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

I can spot an ENFJ in the wild from one glaring and obvious trait - they never speak of themselves directly. They use other people to speak for them. They put others up on pedestals to be judged positively or negatively (only type I know that does this), and fly off the hinge. Sadly, I'm only accustomed to the negative traits of ENFJs.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    I can spot an ENFJ in the wild from one glaring and obvious trait - they never speak of themselves directly. They use other people to speak for them. They put others up on pedestals to be judged positively or negatively (only type I know that does this), and fly off the hinge. Sadly, I'm only accustomed to the negative traits of ENFJs.
    I have done this in the past. I am sorry that you had to go through that.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by IDK123 View Post
    I was in a class and we were talking about our worst fears being realized, I threw out something random and we ended up talking about the good feeling of morphine.

EDIT: This may sound fake but do you guys tend to keep a smile on your face the whole time and say "it's all good" when you're feeling the complete opposite and then somehow convince people that you are fine, just to explode later?
    I'll do that if someone has brutally knocked me sideways. This has happened to me more than once in very public places, and the verbal nastiness was enough to take my breath away.

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post
    I don't know how to respond to these NF threads. Because somehow they seem to be speaking a foreign language. So I am just going to give a hug to show my appreciation.

aw, back atcha!

I can spot an ENFJ in the wild from one glaring and obvious trait - they never speak of themselves directly.
    Don't relate.

They use other people to speak for them.
    Don't relate.

They put others up on pedestals to be judged positively or negatively (only type I know that does this), and fly off the hinge. Sadly, I'm only accustomed to the negative traits of ENFJs.
    If I judged every ESTP I met by the one who made my life a hideous living hell I would never get anywhere.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    If I judged every ESTP I met by the one who made my life a hideous living hell I would never get anywhere.
    Judging another has no bearing on how I get places. Keywords - You're life, not mine and I don't give a damn.
    ESTP - Definition: "Love" is making a shot to the knees of a target a 120 km away, with an aratech sniper rifle and tri-light scope.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Judging another has no bearing on how I get places. Keywords - You're life, not mine and I don't give a damn.
    You know, I've been nothing but civilized to you since you got here. Thanks for the bad attitude.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ENFJ

FWIW, I think the judging needs to stop. I think it's bunk to begin with. Everyone examine the beam in your eye, remove it...and then when you have it out and your vision back to normal...come back and act civil.
    "In the end it is not a matter of reason; it is a matter of love." - St. Thomas More

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

"I am the warrior...Victory is mine" Did I get that 80's tune right?

If I may jump in here, how would INFP's compare in these regards? We are Dom F NF's too, and also can "heal people's souls" too. Apparently we are tougher on the insides as well, which one would expect to help for the things being discussed.

.."Victory is mine" 80's flashback over, now.

It's very punishing. I know what we've spoken of in private, and all I can say is that it's just going to be bad and to brace yourself the best way you know how. I've been boiled in darkness from the word "go", and I know more what it's like to get cornered than what it's like to be on the mountain top, but I will say this: you have to find the spots where the sun peaks through the storms, not because it's "good" for you or because you have act lobotomized, but because we as Fe primaries can get so burned out on relentless amounts of bad that we can go up in smoke.

The heaviness can take a huge toll. I lose all faith in mankind and in God and in the good forces of the world, and shut down. I have to spend a lot of time alone to clear my head, and erase, as much as I'm able, the marks left by the day before by listening to music or writing or speaking to a friend/safe person.

This is the mystical aspect of our type, and because of it, I had difficulty describing from whence this instinctive confidence comes from. When I meet people, 9 times out of 10, I immediately assess whether or not I'm able to help. I know when I can't, and start looking around for the person who can.

C. S. Lewis described in his book, 'The Problem of Pain', the indescribable "feeling" when one knows they're in the presence of something that has outstripped time, space and mortality. He said a person who's seen a tiger can be told "there's a tiger in the next room" and he'd feel fear, but the person who's never seen a tiger may only feel some sort of nebulous dread mixed with curiosity about the beast on the other side of the wall.

He also said it was the "numinous" or mystical quality hanging heavily in the air of very old places. I know what he means - I can feel all the previous humans who'd been there like a residue or raised impression; all have passed on but have not left the place. No one is dead to me. I tend to feel that way about my internal drive to 'mind meld' (forgive the term) or fuse with others.

It's that unknown tiger in the other room. It's that ascendant governless thing in the air. It's that voice that tells me that if only Time had a neck, I could snap it.

Glycerine

They are both good but in different ways. I would say that the INFP would be better at comforting because of the personal Fi. INFPs are usually much better at keeping their emotions at bay but from what I have heard from other INFPs IRL, I am usually quicker at picking up on other people's tensions and feel them more intensely but INFPs seem to know how to deal with the tension with much more ease than I do. I think it's more of an individual thing. My INFP mother does not get as effected I do while my INFP friend is one of moodiest people I know. Both are hypersensitive to things (Feeling-wise) but manifest it in different ways. I would say that neither is tougher than the other, they are just DIFFERENT. It's not fun to be around exploding Fe doms nor the intense moody vibe of an Fi dom. Both can be really scary!

In short, ENFJs are probably good at changing the general mood in the room vs. INFPs who are much better at consoling others with the personal Fi.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    You know, I've been nothing but civilized to you since you got here. Thanks for the bad attitude.
    I never asked you to be civil, in fact, I think it's insulting to lie and act nice. Perhaps some of us like to be insulted - I do.

All the same, I'm happy to serve. If you would like more insults, witty remarks, cheap shots and otherwise, my contact info is on my profile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I never asked you to be civil, in fact, I think it's insulting to lie and act nice. Perhaps some of us like to be insulted - I do.

All the same, I'm happy to serve. If you would like more insults, witty remarks, cheap shots and otherwise, my contact info is on my profile.
    First of all, I'm not "acting" anything.

Second, insulting people isn't more "real" than being nice.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code