User Tag List

12 Last

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Default How does Te manifest in FPs?

I've always had trouble understanding this.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    ISFJ

NO!!!!

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    I've always had trouble understanding this.
    ExFPs: Become very action oriented, and can have a surprisingly organized skeletal structure underneath the surface-level mayhem. However, can be inconsistent (or even resentful) in using said organized skeletal structure. They can throw themselves into organizing everything, creating spreadsheets, etc. Can look a bit like ExTJs. They often love debate, but tend to be very passionate and often personally invested when engaging in it. Experimental with situations, activities, or people.

IxFPs: Embrace Te often in the grips of an inferior "all-or-nothing" manner. It can take the form of a Te sledgehammer when dealing with people, where all the warmth and sensitivity suddenly disappear. Or they finally buckle down and methodically get things done. Can often reflect on the rules and reasonings underlying the personal meaning of various things.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Meh, I still think my answer is better....

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Orobas has written about ENFPs having a baby ESTJ inside them and it's true! I would never have thought, but in particular situations, it comes out.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    ExFPs: Become very action oriented, and can have a surprisingly organized skeletal structure underneath the surface-level mayhem. However, can be inconsistent (or even resentful) in using said organized skeletal structure. They can throw themselves into organizing everything, creating spreadsheets, etc. Can look a bit like ExTJs. They often love debate, but tend to be very passionate and often personally invested when engaging in it. Experimental with situations, activities, or people.

IxFPs: Embrace Te often in the grips of an inferior "all-or-nothing" manner. It can take the form of a Te sledgehammer when dealing with people, where all the warmth and sensitivity suddenly disappear. Or they finally buckle down and methodically get things done. Can often reflect on the rules and reasonings underlying the personal meaning of various things.
    Oh yeah, ESFPs are known to be sort of 'party planners' aren't they?
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I wrote this for another board...

In INFPs, Extroverted Thinking, the inferior process, mainly aids Fi & is turned to when Ne fails to see an adequate way to express Fi or to act in the external world; it requires a lot of energy & tends to be last resort, making it appear most when stressed. Te logic is used to support Feeling values, to establish their relevancy in the real world (outside of the imagined ideal in the Fi-dom's head), & to organize thoughts in a manner comprehensible to others. It can also help the INFP judge Ne ideas as too removed from factual reality, as Fi may latch onto these ideas if they are close to a feeling value. Inferior Te use makes the INFP in danger of discarding facts that do not support Fi values, or blowing them out of proportion when they support a feeling. It can also show up negatively when an INFP deems something important, then this cause must be handled "perfectly" and then Te is trotted out to determine how to do things "correctly". This can result in being very critical and exacting, but often it is turned inward, and the INFP sees themselves as falling short moreso than other people or the situation.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Orobas has written about ENFPs having a baby ESTJ inside them and it's true! I would never have thought, but in particular situations, it comes out.
    I either turn into an ESTJ (I consider this a good, action oriented day) or an ENTJ (nitpicky braying jackass day)- by saying that I don't mean ENTJs are jackasses, I mean that's what that particular shadow turns into on me, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post

This is very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    NO!!!!
    But so is this.
    Last edited by Vamp; 11-04-2010 at 04:30 PM. Reason: addition then quoted wrong quote
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

I get angry at people for being incompetent, whiny, annoying, stupid, irrational... When Fi is angry and Ne is shut down and Si is overwhelmed, I reach out with my Te and bite who ever's pissing me off.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I had never thought of Te with ENFPs before coming here, but I discovered that what I react to most especially in ENFPs under stress is their Te-ish side breaking out to problem solve. It feels bossy and overprescriptive and presumptuous to me as a Ti user. However, at it's best, it makes them concise writers, and makes them very productive and get-'er-done-ish. I think their combo of functions is what makes INTJs find their silliness charming. There's still Te, but it's tempered with Ne and Fi as well.