First 12

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I think usually it's actually most like a hurricane - deadly strong winds (Te) pushing a rain storm (Fi).

MBTI
    GOAT
    Enneagram
    DUNO
    Socionics
    FOFF

Te is an external dynamics function based on systemic structure (objective, logic based decison-making) - it's used to articulate (has a flat monotone), actively listen (clearing of emotion on face) and apply logical structure to the outside world.

For an ETJ it is their sense of identity but for others it serves the dominant cognitive function first and foremost as well as other functions above it depending on it's placing in the hierarchy.

The lower it's placing in the hierarchy the greater the energy cost is in using it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    ExFPs: IxFPs: Embrace Te often in the grips of an inferior "all-or-nothing" manner. It can take the form of a Te sledgehammer when dealing with people, where all the warmth and sensitivity suddenly disappear. Or they finally buckle down and methodically get things done. Can often reflect on the rules and reasonings underlying the personal meaning of various things.
    I agree with this based on my experience with an INFP. The transformation is a bit shocking and scary. Almost Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. Whereas I used to take the behavior a bit personally, now I understand he's in thinking mode which is serious and as Udog put it, "buckle down" mode. I suppose it's the only way INFPs can do this is by being extremely focused and serious else the personal considerations would get in the way. Almost robotic like and artificial based on my observations. It's a very quick transition though which is fascinating to observe.

I wonder if it would differ based on Enneagram type though. INFP 5w4s already have the conflict with thought and feeling doing battle. I imagine it would be different for a Nine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    I get angry at people for being incompetent, whiny, annoying, stupid, irrational... When Fi is angry and Ne is shut down and Si is overwhelmed, I reach out with my Te and bite who ever's pissing me off.
    Hmmmm. That's an interesting take on it. Somebody also said something about the shadow side which probably has something to do with this behavior.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Te is a function that seems to have a few faces to me. It can be the verbal "man that's just stupid" or the "oh fuck I gotta get this shit done" action based function. The former is always around with me, though I like to put things in a soft way. I can express my opinions without being offensive, that includes situations where I just can't see how a certain position is justified. The latter however, only comes about as a fear function. lol The lack of Te in that form is a major cause of my problems and hence only an outurst of Te can fix it. In other words....

"Eh I'll just do it tomorrow, I can afford to relax right now"

(Tomorrow comes)

"It's not so bad, I still have time"

(a week later)

"HOLY FUCK I'M SCREWED! OK, I'll start by reading this, then I'll write summaries every chapter, after 10 chapters I'll do an argument tree..."

You get the picture.
    Chimera of Filth

A gruesome beast with dripping flesh
    Clings to me as a sick fixture
    My throbbing heart it gnawed apart
    It stalks and hunts me through mirrors

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Onceajoan View Post
    I agree with this based on my experience with an INFP. The transformation is a bit shocking and scary. Almost Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde. Whereas I used to take the behavior a bit personally, now I understand he's in thinking mode which is serious and as Udog put it, "buckle down" mode. I suppose it's the only way INFPs can do this is by being extremely focused and serious else the personal considerations would get in the way. Almost robotic like and artificial based on my observations. It's a very quick transition though which is fascinating to observe.
    yeahhh. i'm sure i'm this way. it kind of backfires, too, because finally you're objective and yet other people just see your storm and fury. maybe i'm a little different because i'm ENFP but for me it's a matter of prioritizing - at a certain point it becomes more important to get one thing done than to tend to lots of other little things, or to tend to people's feelings. but it's funny, because sometimes the whole point of the Te rage is to protect another person. actually it usually is.

that, and this:
    Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    e "oh fuck I gotta get this shit done" action based function.
    used in small amounts it's excellent. but when it's driven by Fi i'm sure it's kind of terrifying. i've heard myself described as a firestorm... haha...

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunshine
    deadly strong winds (Te) pushing a rain storm (Fi)
    or that.