User Tag List

First 12

Thread: ATTENTION!

In public with strangers, I actually dont make eye contact often and I wear a very firm te mask that keeps people from approaching me. I give signals of dont touch.

However whenever I read emails from my boyfriend or I drink a lot, then suddenly men start watching me. I cant keep the Te mask up any longer. They say things like "How can you be so cute?"

It freaks me out so I leave. However in the day to day, I sometimes feel like an Fi water sprinkler because I walk from building to building and sort of sprinkle Fi at people. Like little touches to let them know somebody cares about them. ..... Like maintenance touches? I dunno. Once I know people just a bit, I am comfortable around them and I make them laugh and smile as they seem so bummed out. Like an Fi water sprinkler to give their Fi just a bit of a boost, so they remeber things dont suck as bad as they thought they did. I did once have a bengledeshi stalker who wrote me post cards and poetry and wanted to fall in love in the rain with me, he knew my schedule and followed me from class to class, but I dont think he was a real stalker, just a really sweet newly immigrated ENFP guy who didnt quite understand american social norms.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

I've noticed a pattern about people with myself and it goes like this
    I'm usually more talkative than most people I (ever) meet
    +
    Being quiet with stranger is something I don't like
    = when in a group situation I talk a lot -> I'm noticed well

I'm usually in good mood
    +
    I laugh a lot
    = many people like to be in my company (but I wounld't say I'm popular or something like that).

So, I'm noticed because I talk a lot in group situations and I'm usually in good mood so people like to be in my company (in general). So, that means that I am a people magnet that way. I don't necessarily want to be the center of attention and if there is more talkative person, I'll go to background. But for the sake of the group, I'll try to lift the spirit, to make people enjoy and to feel comfortable. I do that naturally and that way people like to be in my company and around me. But, when more extraverted or very dominating person in a group (I wouldnt' say I'm dominating, even if some could say that too), I'll stay in the background.

So, my goal is not to be the center of attention but to make a good athmosphere happen so people feel comfortable. Because I hate the feeling of comfrontation and when people aren't feeling comfortable.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    However in the day to day, I sometimes feel like an Fi water sprinkler because I walk from building to building and sort of sprinkle Fi at people. Like little touches to let them know somebody cares about them. ..... Like maintenance touches? I dunno. Once I know people just a bit, I am comfortable around them and I make them laugh and smile as they seem so bummed out. Like an Fi water sprinkler to give their Fi just a bit of a boost, so they remeber things dont suck as bad as they thought they did.
    hehe aww!! i love this description

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    I'm usually in good mood
    +
    I laugh a lot
    = many people like to be in my company (but I wounld't say I'm popular or something like that).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i don't know exactly how you mean but i think people react positively to positivity haha it's like a mirror or something...i don't know...i'm nice to people and they're usually nice back.

that's my take anyway...if you were to ask my older sister she'd say...and has said that everyone fawns all over me and my other enfp sister and have our whole lives...but she's a middle child and has the syndrome kinda.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Ginkgo

How ironic that an attention whore may have attention deficit disorder!

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm aware of my ability to draw attention and actively tend to curb it so it can be used in a focused way when I want to call upon it. Otherwise creepy old men start telling me they're in love with me.

MBTI
    ENFP

In public with strangers, I actually dont make eye contact often and I wear a very firm te mask that keeps people from approaching me. I give signals of dont touch.

However whenever I read emails from my boyfriend or I drink a lot, then suddenly men start watching me. I cant keep the Te mask up any longer. They say things like "How can you be so cute?"

It freaks me out so I leave. However in the day to day, I sometimes feel like an Fi water sprinkler because I walk from building to building and sort of sprinkle Fi at people. Like little touches to let them know somebody cares about them. ..... Like maintenance touches? I dunno. Once I know people just a bit, I am comfortable around them and I make them laugh and smile as they seem so bummed out. Like an Fi water sprinkler to give their Fi just a bit of a boost, so they remeber things dont suck as bad as they thought they did. I did once have a bengledeshi stalker who wrote me post cards and poetry and wanted to fall in love in the rain with me, he knew my schedule and followed me from class to class, but I dont think he was a real stalker, just a really sweet newly immigrated ENFP guy who didnt quite understand american social norms.
    I wear the mask too. Is that Te?
    I'm tired of running and dressing down. I wonder what will happen once I stop fading into the background ....
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    I wear the mask too. Is that Te?
    I'm tired of running and dressing down. I wonder what will happen once I stop fading into the background ....
    Could be an Ni-ish shadow mask as well.

I dunno. When I let the mask drop and allow myself to be exposed I turn into that fun silly ENFP.

The one that everyone here hates, calls stupid, bubbly, fluffy, attention whore and so on. I had no idea how much people hated enfps until coming here to be honest. Maybe despise is the better word. Its weird as more than anything else, I just desire to be who I am and I work very hard to allow others to be who they are. I strive to not judge them by my standards but to try and understand why they do what they do....so to find out people despise what I am on the inside....and judge me, when I have refused to judge them....it makes me wonder if I should have just been a bit more judgmental my entire life, just out of sheer self protection.

But to answer your Q, just be prepared for them to judge that inner you...expose that core self carefully.

MBTI
    ENFP

Could be an Ni-ish shadow mask as well.

I dunno. When I let the mask drop and allow myself to be exposed I turn into that fun silly ENFP.

The one that everyone here hates, calls stupid, bubbly, fluffy, attention whore and so on. I had no idea how much people hated enfps until coming here to be honest. Maybe despise is the better word. Its weird as more than anything else, I just desire to be who I am and I work very hard to allow others to be who they are. I strive to not judge them by my standards but to try and understand why they do what they do....so to find out people despise what I am on the inside....and judge me, when I have refused to judge them....it makes me wonder if I should have just been a bit more judgmental my entire life, just out of sheer self protection.

But to answer your Q, just be prepared for them to judge that inner you...expose that core self carefully.
    Now it's time for me to practice.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.