User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    He doesn't seem introverted or intuitive; definitely not both.
    He might be an ESFJ. Either that or ISFJ.

Here's another one who is also often typed as a traditionalist ISFJ, though I think he's mroe of a dreamer INFP.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w6

Joan of Arc

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

All of Michael Cera's characters seem ISFJ also, not INFP.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I disagree. His character in Superbad, at least, seems INFP boy to me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I always figured that Jim Stark was like.. the prototypical ISFP in film (and Dean too.. although some say he was ISTP. Not sure why. Because he liked fast cars? ).
    Yeah, there's definitely room for manoeuvre here. I mean, I love Rebel Without A Cause, but Jim Stark wasn't exactly the most rounded character ever created!

My main reasons for typing him as INFP are based on his backstory and the way in which he becomes angry.

Jim constantly has fights with people, but only because they pick on him. His individuality is seen as a threat by everyone else, but he immediately becomes emotionally "responsible" for Plato - the scene where Jim is drunk in the Police station but offers him his jacket is a germane. You could say this is an ISFP trait as well, which highlights the difficulty in typing Jim. However, when the Police Detective (?) asks him why he keeps getting into trouble, Jim replies citing pathos and his intense emotionality. It's the way in which he "feels" angry which makes me think he's an INFP.

That being said, there is definitely room to suggest that he is ISFP, or at least IXFP, but I think there is a gross tendency for people to consider INFPs as totally wet, reticent, and therefore nonthreatening. However, being a male INFP, I can tell you that, as a youth/teenager, I got into quite a few confrontations. Like Jim, these "scuffles" occurred at the instigation of others; counterpoint Marlon Brando in The Wild One for an example of a more consciously provocative individual. It's Jim's tempestuous nature that makes me think he's INFP, because he's so bothered with people who are seen as dishonest or in someway disloyal to themselves; his relationship with his father is a good example of this.
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    All of Michael Cera's characters seem ISFJ also, not INFP.
    This.

And I wish they'd get it right already.

Quote Originally Posted by Adasta View Post
    Yeah, there's definitely room for manoeuvre here. I mean, I love Rebel Without A Cause, but Jim Stark wasn't exactly the most rounded character ever created!

My main reasons for typing him as INFP are based on his backstory and the way in which he becomes angry.

Jim constantly has fights with people, but only because they pick on him. His individuality is seen as a threat by everyone else, but he immediately becomes emotionally "responsible" for Plato - the scene where Jim is drunk in the Police station but offers him his jacket is a germane. You could say this is an ISFP trait as well, which highlights the difficulty in typing Jim. However, when the Police Detective (?) asks him why he keeps getting into trouble, Jim replies citing pathos and his intense emotionality. It's the way in which he "feels" angry which makes me think he's an INFP.

That being said, there is definitely room to suggest that he is ISFP, or at least IXFP, but I think there is a gross tendency for people to consider INFPs as totally wet, reticent, and therefore nonthreatening. However, being a male INFP, I can tell you that, as a youth/teenager, I got into quite a few confrontations. Like Jim, these "scuffles" occurred at the instigation of others; counterpoint Marlon Brando in The Wild One for an example of a more consciously provocative individual. It's Jim's tempestuous nature that makes me think he's INFP, because he's so bothered with people who are seen as dishonest or in someway disloyal to themselves; his relationship with his father is a good example of this.
    Cool enough. FWIW, I'm right there with ya. I've always identified with a lot of subtleties in that character too. I think it may be a Fi dom thing in general. That, or you're ISFP... or I'm INFP. XD

As for the Wild One.. If Brando's character is an ISTP, then I am far closer to Fi. Sometimes I see things in descriptions about ISTPs I can line up with too, but I've never been that nonchalant-cool no matter how much I tried. I'd be a giant poser if I did, so I don't. Even when I was fed up or confrontational, there was always a wish to find some harmony with people. Dean's character really wants to make friends. "People issues" bother him. He isn't detached, and neither am I.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

At least it's my best guess.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Jon Cryer has always struck me as an ESFJ, and his character Alan is most certainly one.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious