User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Results 71 to 80 of 84

  1. #71
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i mean, let's face it, if he really was that much of an asshole, he wouldn't be devoting his life to healing people.
    Disagree. People get off on fixing problems. Could be a clogged sink. Could be clogged heart. Did you see the episode where he quit medicine and found other hobbies (which he excelled at, like cooking?) House gets off on mastery of a subject and continued intellectual challenge. Total Ti traits.

    Many people in the health profession (doctors, nurses, physician's assistants, nursing home attendants, etc.) go into it primarily for the prestige and pay. Or because they like biology and challenge and stuffs. The primary focus is not "helping people". They may end up helping people, but they aren't saints and helping was not their primary intent. It's the inevitable byproduct.

    Also, the way House goes about what he does, he shows no compassion for his patients and goes further by being completely disrespectful to them.

    I think that attitude "Well, I helped you so I can also be an asshole to you" could be a childish Fi dom/aux/tert response to something. But House's character is more "I'm being an asshole to you. BTW, I just fixed your lazy eye".
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

    "I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

    Johari/Nohari

  2. #72
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    House is such an ENTP. I don't know how many times Aleksei has to be told this, and by how many people..
    And this, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call an appeal to popularity fallacy. Keep trottin 'em out Marm

    Now, I am particularly disinclined to disbelieve you when you say that, because your reasoning is basically "he pisses me off, he must be ENTP." Which is valid reasoning in Socionics (and I do believe this to be Socionics-related), but not in MBTI.

    It's positively hilarious though, that if I remember correctly you're one of the most vocal detractors of the practice of stereotyping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  3. #73
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    "I'm being an asshole to you. BTW, I just fixed your lazy eye".


    excellent point.

    i didn't mean to imply that everyone in medicine is automatically good, just that there are a lot of other things house could have done besides medicine that would have utilized his talents in a way that wouldn't have him being somewhat of a pariah - like you pointed out, he's good at a whole lot of things. maybe house enjoys that ostracized status, but if he really is a Ne dom/aux, then it'd probably also somewhat annoys him to know that his options are very limited because he keeps fucking up in the eyes of the bureaucracy. it is true, though, that in house's backstory, he became a doctor primarily because he was impressed by the respect/authority given to a Japanese doctor despite being from a "tainted" social class because of the man's ability to solve medical cases.

    even that leads me to lean towards Ti though. Fi dom/aux are often concerned with being Right in a moral sense, but a Fi dom/aux who is obsessive about their factual correctness is fairly rare, if only because those facts don't usually hold as much meaning in the Fi world (though they might, if they pertain to a specific belief set - i'm very accurate in my understanding about most religions). i have three NTPs in my close family, on the other hand, and i can easily say that factual, theoretical accuracy with anything they care about - actually, with most things in general - is a big deal with them. they believe in respect and authority given to the person who has the most accurate knowledge; their sense of correctness is very clear-cut.

    as is house's. there is always a logical reason behind the disease, in his mind, and we see him obsess about it following the death of a patient who he didn't figure out. of course i believe there's a logical reason for all diseases too, but it's house's motivation to know that seems Ti-ish. it's not because he feels like if he knows the answer, he'll do better next time (Si) - it's because it bothers the hell out of him that he doesn't know the answer. that's so Ne-Ti. plus house protests social graces because they have no rational application. i think that would be a hard conclusion to come to if you're judging based off Fi, because many social niceties are specifically built to attend to people. that's not to say that Fi dom/aux will always agree with social niceties - hell, i find a lot of them really stupid - but to find all people-related guidelines without reason would be surprising given Ne and Fi, even given strange Fi morals.

    i guess what i'm asking, is i see all this evidence for Ti. a reactionary and somewhat emotional yet emotionally unaware Ti user, but still either dom or aux Ti. where else are others seeing Fi, besides his acting on general subjective principles, which all NPs tend to do?

    They may end up helping people, but they aren't saints and helping was not their primary intent. It's the inevitable byproduct.
    that's true, but i think that sometimes for NTPs their heart is in solving the problems. this is very true for my dad, an INTP. he's a doctor, and he doesn't have the best-ever bedside manner. he's just blunt by nature - certainly not a deliberate asshole like house, but he doesn't really have any tact, either - but his desire to help is genuine. he helps best by fixing systems. he's not warm and fuzzy, but he's actually quite humanistic in his principles, and that comes out in what he chooses to devote his time to. sometimes he's callous, and he deals with drug addicts, and a lot of times he pisses them off because he tells them the straight truth of what they really don't want to hear. i see house kind of doing the same thing - but with the addition of the cruel interpersonal power games he plays, of course (tert Fe, imo...)



    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes
    It's funny, we never talk about characters as fitting things that are not the direct traditional order (i.e ENTPS, we say they must be Ne Ti Fe Si) but we ourselves often have types that don't quite fit, like I, for an INTP, have a lot of Fi traits as well.
    fair point too... i'm still a fan of functional roles, though... one ENTP might have better Si than Fe but i tend to think his Fe will still behave in a similar role to an ENTP with the "typical" functional preference order. like ENFPs vary a lot in how well-developed their Te is, but it was clear from wonka's last thread that almost all of us ENFPs have a similar experience with engaging Te when we go on the defensive. some of us are just less finessed with it than others...

  4. #74
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    anyway, i'm totally derailing this thread, so here's another ENFP



    *** edit - wait -
    "Well, I helped you so I can also be an asshole to you"
    well, i added another ENFP so i can also derail your thread

    same reasoning

  5. #75
    Alexander the Terrible yenom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,755

    Default



    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

    "In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

    Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

  6. #76
    Senior Member KDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    anyway, i'm totally derailing this thread, so here's another ENFP



    *** edit - wait -

    well, i added another ENFP so i can also derail your thread

    same reasoning
    I don't know why I ever thought ENTP. You're probably right.

  7. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    350

    Default

    I would have to say she's an ENFP (Type E9):

    Edith Bunker (All in the Family)

  8. #78
    Junior Member chocolatethundaa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7
    Socionics
    ENFP
    Posts
    24

    Default

    scott pilgrim (not good at forums so no pic massive apologies)

  9. #79
    Senior Member INTP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Posts
    7,823

    Default

    sally mann is awesome photographer


    moar parts of the documentary @ youtube

    some site said that she is an infp, but imo its pretty clear that she is an enfp who is getting older.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

    Read

  10. #80
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,656

    Default



    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 02:24 AM
  2. [ENTJ] Most awesome ENTJs
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 07:31 PM
  3. [ENTP] Most awesome ENTPs
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 06:58 PM
  4. A tribute to Jeffster the most AWESOME SENSOR EVER!
    By Samvega in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 12:30 AM
  5. Which types iare the most awesome?
    By Queen Kat in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 04:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO