First 56789 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Well, Petra, you are such an attractive woman and I believe geographically you are closer to him than I, so ....

Anyway, back on topic, another awesome ENFP:

I would do anything to save young lost soul... but there are so many lost souls

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

House is a jerk in a very Ti kind of way. All he cares about is solving the puzzle and being right. Neither in the acting nor the writing do I see any hints he is supposed to be a troubled or angry or whatnot ENFP. He seems like a straight-up dick in a very hard-edged, callous, self-important NT way, specifically ENTP or INTJ way. I could see ENFP if he ever wavered from that shtick but he's very 1 dimensional - dick/dick/dick/quiet contemplative moment/dick/dick/dick.
    I was going to say he seemed one dimensional but I don't watch the show much.

Yeah, gut instinct is the character does not 'seem' ENFP-ish. And as someone pointed out, examples of ENFP jerks would be more like Michael Scott in 'The Office'. Full of themselves, has no idea the impact they have on others or how they are perceived, etc. ENFP jerks are dramatic and annoying because they are too over the top.
    Whether they are aware of it or not.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

fwiw, i do think house is a 5w4. that probably makes him seem a little F-ish sometimes.

does anyone else think his dickishness is kind of endearing? i dunno. it makes me want to insult him and then cuddle him until we finally see the cute NTP heart that's hiding somewhere despite his shitty beside manner. daww.

i mean, let's face it, if he really was that much of an asshole, he wouldn't be devoting his life to healing people.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Did it ever occur to anyone that House could have equal Ti and Fi?

House is always such a debated character it seems, and I've yet to see one episode. Need to put it in queue

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    fwiw, i do think house is a 5w4. that probably makes him seem a little F-ish sometimes.

does anyone else think his dickishness is kind of endearing? i dunno. it makes me want to insult him and then cuddle him until we finally see the cute NTP heart that's hiding somewhere despite his shitty beside manner. daww.

i mean, let's face it, if he really was that much of an asshole, he wouldn't be devoting his life to healing people.
    I think most people find House's dickishness kind of endearing. Personally, I'd like to insult him, then stab him in the face. He's just not the type of asshole I'd like to cudde, though trust me, I certainly relate to the concept wanting to cuddle some jerk I just insulted more than is probably sane or appropriate.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

@ savage - sure, but i don't think he does. do you?

Quote Originally Posted by cognitiveprocesses.com
    It is often hard to assign words to the values used to make introverted Feeling judgments since they are often associated with images, feeling tones, and gut reactions more than words. As a cognitive process, it often serves as a filter for information that matches what is valued, wanted, or worth believing in. There can be a continual weighing of the situational worth or importance of everything and a patient balancing of the core issues of peace and conflict in life’s situations. We engage in the process of introverted Feeling when a value is compromised and we think, “Sometimes, some things just have to be said.” On the other hand, most of the time this process works “in private” and is expressed through actions. It helps us know when people are being fake or insincere or if they are basically good. It is like having an internal sense of the “essence” of a person or a project and reading fine distinctions among feeling tones.
    Quote Originally Posted by cognitiveprocesses.com
    Introverted Thinking often involves finding just the right word to clearly express an idea concisely, crisply, and to the point. Using introverted Thinking is like having an internal sense of the essential qualities of something, noticing the fine distinctions that make it what it is and then naming it. It also involves an internal reasoning process of deriving subcategories of classes and sub-principles of general principles. These can then be used in problem solving, analysis, and refining of a product or an idea. This process is evidenced in behaviors like taking things or ideas apart to figure out how they work. The analysis involves looking at different sides of an issue and seeing where there is inconsistency. In so doing, we search for a “leverage point” that will fix problems with the least amount of effort or damage to the system. We engage in this process when we notice logical inconsistencies between statements and frameworks, using a model to evaluate the likely accuracy of what’s observed.
    @ marmalade - ! typical scathing, humanistic nfp charm...

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

@skylights: yes Ne dom is definite but the possibility of other strong functions interfereing with each other can create more unique yet hard to type characters (for one I have high Ne, Fi, Ni, and Ti).

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain View Post
    Did it ever occur to anyone that House could have equal Ti and Fi?
    It's funny, we never talk about characters as fitting things that are not the direct traditional order (i.e ENTPS, we say they must be Ne Ti Fe Si) but we ourselves often have types that don't quite fit, like I, for an INTP, have a lot of Fi traits as well.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."