User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Results 41 to 50 of 84

  1. #41
    Senior Member Vamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    i see him as INFP the most, very similar to my infp male "friend" <3 haha
    I was also going to say ISFP. Just cause. But there's too much N in that show so yeessss INFP seems a likely culprit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    You missed my point. What matters in functional analysis is not what a believes believes but why he believes it -- and House is misanthropic for Fi-driven, rather than Ti-driven, reasons. He does not look down on humanity because in an intellectual level he deems them inferior. He does it because doing so makes him feel better about himself.
    I didn't miss your point, I just don't think that has anything to do with type. Any type can do that.

    The first part of my post wasn't so much about Tony Stark but about the notion that people believe NF males can't be snarky.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

  2. #42
    i love skylights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne
    Posts
    7,835

    Default

    @ aleksei - totally agree that ENFPs can believe anything.

    actually i have an awesome wallpaper - link to the high-res below the thumbnail so i don't stretch the board.


    wallpaper

    i still don't think house is an ENFP though. he's so very Ti - cutting apart the logic of arguments, delving into the why to discover logical determinism (this person had this disorder because this and this combined to create this situation, that i can break down into logical parts). i see his misanthropy as a logical formulation too - if everyone is an asshole, then it doesn't matter if i'm an asshole too. (i'm stealing points from the house wiki article here -) wilson says that house has, instead of a messiah complex, a rubix complex - needs to solve the puzzle. that's very T, Ti in particular. house criticizes social etiquette because it doesn't serve a rational purpose. his character in the show was based off the idea of a doctor who would openly mock patients for their cluelessness about their conditions (or lack thereof) - i mean, i mock people behind their backs for being idiotic sometimes, sure, but i don't think for Fi lack of systemic knowledge is a fatal flaw. it is for Ti, much more so. house's main principle is "everyone lies", and he deduces behavior off that. (speaking of deduction, his character is largely based off holmes, the logical master himself... not that it's a legit point to say that holmes is T therefore house is T, but the way in which the characters operate is similar.) and then this - "Edelstein has said that despite his sardonic personality, House is a character who is reliant on people surrounding him." - i think house is an NTP, with Fe issues.

    on the other hand, obnoxious asshole ENFP -



    * edit - it occurs to me that ENFPs are often pictured with rainbows and/or bright colors.

  3. #43
    Senior Member Chloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    2,204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    It's actually the other way around. He usually has some logical explanation or another for his beliefs, but they're afterthoughts -- rationalizing, as opposed to rationality. Wilson and Foreman in particular spend half the show shoving that fact in House's face.

    but iant that what entp would do - follow his Ne and no pay much atte tion to logic ehind it just trust his
    hunch and logical explanations would come as afterthoughts. thats even what is in entp profiles

    and, i do it to: if it would took to much time explain why i think something makes sense i dont try to explain it: i concentrate on implementing the idea
    i think its maybe typical approach to problem
    solving in important situations and with any medical case the most important thing is to solve the case asap

  4. #44
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    I dunno ISFPs can be pretty N-ish...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  5. #45
    Emerging Tallulah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    6,028

    Default

    Aren't Drew Barrymore and Sandra Bullock supposed to be ENFP? They're both pretty awesome.
    Something Witty

  6. #46
    Senior Member guesswho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    I can't believe you are even considering House to be ENFP.
    He is not interested in people. He is interested in their mechanisms. He doesn't even take feelings in consideration. He is logical and rational. He isn't empathic. He doesn't even connect to the feelings of others most of the time.


    ....

  7. #47
    Senior Member Moiety's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    6,020

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    Not in that sense... I mean, as in they can hold any particular set of beliefs, so long as the reason behind them is Fi-driven, and still qualify as ENFP. Typing someone on the basis that "X type does not act like this" is inherently fallacious. You have to look deeper.
    That is kind of true for any type though Aleksei. Just like Si or Ni can hold any kind of believes. Or Fe or Te being used in particular societies with particular social values or social rules. Or Ti being based on particular premises. And Se being subject to different stimuli.

  8. #48
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    but iant that what entp would do - follow his Ne and no pay much atte tion to logic ehind it just trust his
    hunch and logical explanations would come as afterthoughts. thats even what is in entp profiles
    Not hunches, axioms. He bends around every situation to fit it to his stubborn principle that people are self-serving and have ulterior motives with no exceptions. "Everybody lies" is just a subset of this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    That is kind of true for any type though Aleksei. Just like Si or Ni can hold any kind of believes. Or Fe or Te being used in particular societies with particular social values or social rules. Or Ti being based on particular premises. And Se being subject to different stimuli.
    Which is why I'm examining why House believes what he believes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


  9. #49
    Senior Member Vamp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    @ aleksei - oh, i believe that one.
    I don't know much about the Tony Stark character besides the basics. I just want to know who doesn't believe NFs can be snarky? I've never heard of that before.

    i still don't think house is an ENFP though. he's so very Ti - cutting apart the logic of arguments, delving into the why to discover logical determinism (this person had this disorder because this and this combined to create this situation, that i can break down into logical parts). i see his misanthropy as a logical formulation too - if everyone is an asshole, then it doesn't matter if i'm an asshole too. (i'm stealing points from the house wiki article here -) wilson says that house has, instead of a messiah complex, a rubix complex - needs to solve the puzzle. that's very T, Ti in particular. house criticizes social etiquette because it doesn't serve a rational purpose. his character in the show was based off the idea of a doctor who would openly mock patients for their cluelessness - i mean, i mock people behind their backs for being idiotic sometimes, sure, but i don't think for Fi lack of system knowledge is a fatal flaw. it is for Ti, much more so. house's main principle is "everyone lies", and he deduces behavior off that. and then this - "Edelstein has said that despite his sardonic personality, House is a character who is reliant on people surrounding him." - i think house is an ENTP who uses Fe to piss others off. maybe an INTP.
    I've never known an asshole enfp (including myself) to have a normal, logical reason for being an asshole.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

  10. #50
    Yeah, I can fly. Aleksei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti
    Posts
    3,644

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    I don't know much about the Tony Stark character besides the basics. I just want to know who doesn't believe NFs can be snarky? I've never heard of that before.
    Absurd generality on my part. Basically everyone thought Stark (a snarky and apparently cool-headed dick) was ENTP, and everyone thinks House (same) is ENTP or INTJ, and I drew a wild-ass guess as to why that was.

    I blame Ne.

    I've never known an asshole enfp (including myself) to have a normal, logical reason for being an asshole.
    Well, Skylights makes a good point, but my formulation is that he thought of that logical reason to make himself feel better about being an asshole -- whereas an ENTP would have been an asshole after concluding it was okay because all of humanity are assholes as well, given that their belief set is based on Ti (which bases all beliefs on logical axioms), and Fe (which bases beliefs on the ethical atmosphere, and generally tells that being an asshole is not okay). This is basically an exercise of deciding where the horse goes in relation to the cart.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

    Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

    Hayekian Asshole


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 36
    Last Post: 10-18-2013, 02:24 AM
  2. [ENTJ] Most awesome ENTJs
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 01-07-2011, 07:31 PM
  3. [ENTP] Most awesome ENTPs
    By Mr. Sherlock Holmes in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 06:58 PM
  4. A tribute to Jeffster the most AWESOME SENSOR EVER!
    By Samvega in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 01-27-2010, 12:30 AM
  5. Which types iare the most awesome?
    By Queen Kat in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 04:54 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO