User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

ENFPs can believe absolutely anything. The key is that their beliefs are guided by a framework of personal feelings and ideals (Fi) as opposed to a personal framework of logical deduction (Ti), an external framework of evidence (Te), or an external framework of communally-derived beliefs (Fe). House's reasons for believing what he believes are basically "because I said so," with some ever-shifting convoluted explanation to serve as a smokescreen.

The word you're looking for is probably "sarcastic," or perhaps just "funny."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Another chronically mistyped ENFP:

For some reason people tend to assume snarky pricks can't be Feelers. It's somewhat baffling.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENFP

^^^ Most of the NFs on this board are snarky pricks so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I think it's more to do with you mistyping people then considering what you think they are to be "fact" when it's really just your opinion. You've also mistyped yourself before so there's always that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    ENFPs can believe absolutely anything. The key is that their beliefs are guided by a framework of personal feelings and ideals (Fi) as opposed to a personal framework of logical deduction (Ti), an external framework of evidence (Te), or an external framework of communally-derived beliefs (Fe). House's reasons for believing what he believes are basically "because I said so," with some ever-shifting convoluted explanation to serve as a smokescreen.

Yes, I understand that but what you said could also go for any other type who could believe whatever they want with whatever their function is, not just enfp. The negative side of enfp is not like House (a character I've never seen the appeal of.). I think that's an overtly negative understanding of what makes an enfp tick. Which is probably how you mistyped yourself. I picked out your assessment of House's "moralistic" trait as evidence of his enfp-ness because that doesn't make any sense to me. I don't know many enfps who come off as that oppressive with projecting their Fi onto others. Your assessment of enfp reasoning of being "because I said so" + accompanying smoke screen is a bad extraction of the ability to make everything fit. It's usually not a smoke screen, we're usually stupid enough to believe it.

And no, neither of those were the words I was looking for. :P

Sarcasm is no great indicator of wit, anyway.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post

ENFPs can believe anything? I sure hope not.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Wait. Hasn't anybody yet mentioned JD from Scrubs?

And since Scrubs loves extraverted intuitives, we can probably assume the weird bird (some type of swan / emu hybrid?) is ENFP too.
    Does anyone else think JD is ENFJ It's been a long time since I've watched Scrubs.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

House says "because i said so" because he is unpatient to explain his logical deduction out loud ans his ideas. To intellectually inferior people around him. Happens with everybody who knows too much. Not a sign of Fi, LOL

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    ^^^ Most of the NFs on this board are snarky pricks so I don't think that has anything to do with it. I think it's more to do with you mistyping people then considering what you think they are to be "fact" when it's really just your opinion.
    Well no, it's just that everyone (Including myself I'm ashamed to admit) has typed Tony Stark ENTP (some have typed him ESTP). Rewatching Iron Man today, I gotta say I believe we were all mistaken. He's a crusader knight filled who happens to be a playful playboy in his spare time -- typical of any male Pe-dominant really.

Yes, I understand that but what you said could also go for any other type who could believe whatever they want with whatever their function is, not just enfp. The negative side of enfp is not like House (a character I've never seen the appeal of.).
    You missed my point. What matters in functional analysis is not what a believes believes but why he believes it -- and House is misanthropic for Fi-driven, rather than Ti-driven, reasons. He does not look down on humanity because in an intellectual level he deems them inferior. He does it because doing so makes him feel better about himself.

I think that's an overtly negative understanding of what makes an enfp tick. Which is probably how you mistyped yourself.
    I certainly don't think that all, or even most, ENFPs (even damaged ENFPs) behave the way House does, but his behavior fits the profile of Fi -- and he is a painfully obvious Ne-dominant.

And, mistyped myself? Hardly. I continue to hold to the belief that I'm an Fi/Te type -- what's changed is my perception of the strength of my own Fi (I'm back to ENFP by the way).

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    ENFPs can believe anything?
    Not in that sense... I mean, as in they can hold any particular set of beliefs, so long as the reason behind them is Fi-driven, and still qualify as ENFP. Typing someone on the basis that "X type does not act like this" is inherently fallacious. You have to look deeper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    Does anyone else think JD is ENFJ It's been a long time since I've watched Scrubs.
    i see him as INFP the most, very similar to my infp male "friend" <3 haha

Aleksei's mistypings are always at least amusing to me!

ey what type was him(scrubs guy) in garden state?(know its wrong threaad to ask but shh)

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Petra Pan View Post
    House says "because i said so" because he is unpatient to explain his logical deduction out loud ans his ideas. To intellectually inferior people around him. Happens with everybody who knows too much. Not a sign of Fi, LOL
    It's actually the other way around. He usually has some logical explanation or another for his beliefs, but they're afterthoughts -- rationalizing, as opposed to rationality. Wilson and Foreman in particular spend half the show shoving that fact in House's face.

Besides, nobody around him is really his intellectual inferior, even though his underlings lack his keen power of deduction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole