INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Hi Rebe..

Are you left handed or right handed??
    It's rhetorical, so don't answer .. My point being closure is tied directly to the J function.
    So what does you hand of proficiency have to do with anything?
    Good question.
    If you are right handed, does this stop you from using your left hand?
    If you are P , does it stop you from using J.
    No of course not.
    Having a P preference does not make one Void of J tendencies, and likewise.
    It's a preference remember?

Closure is directly linked to the J function. It is most likely that Silk needs closure, more often on more subjects than you do, but that doesn't mean in some cases closure is not important to you, or that Silk might like to leave some situations "open".
    I meant that maybe it's not her J function that causes these dreams/unfinished businesses since I have it Quite often, but some hidden emotional issue(s) that is more specific to this problem than a function preference.

MBTI
    INFP

Definitely. And often time I won't even recall what happened in the dream, I just have a strong sense of their presence. I know I dreamt of them, but I can't recall anything but my feelings.

Are my dreams working something out for me or are they drawing me into troublesome waters? Who knows.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    I meant that maybe it's not her J function that causes these dreams/unfinished businesses since I have it Quite often, but some hidden emotional issue(s) that is more specific to this problem than a function preference.
    OK, now someone is being pretty defensive if I am being told to chill over my post. I am sorry if something I said I threatened or upset you as this was not my intention at all. I am only explaining that a P dom still has and uses the J function and that MBTI theory clearly states that closure is linked to the J function.

As far as I am concerned you completely missed my point and took something personally.
    So keep your chill pill for yourself. I think you need it more than I do

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Wow, that's powerful. (especially when you managed to fight them off!). And it sounds like you've accurately identified the symbolism. My dreams have mostly been, well, quite realistic. For most of my life. I think they were somewhat more colourful when I was younger but really they've always crossed over to a very considerable extent with reality. I've certainly never had much in the way of flying, being chased by monsters, etc. I've always thought that was actually a bit odd for someone who loves fantasy as much as I do - from a young age too. I think maybe I have my fantasy dreams while awake.

I do have one odd semi-recurring dream - at least I've had it numerous times. I'm smoking. And I always enjoy it. Though I feel guilty as well because smoking is very much against my principles. I have never smoked in my life. And in real life I have no desire to. I wonder if it means there's something else I want to do but I'm not allowing myself to.
    I have flying dreams, too, and dreams that are colourful. All I know is that dreams are from the subconscious so it could say something about your dreams of you smoking. I had dreams of me getting stabbed, too, and I'll wake up with that stabbed-feeling. Definitely unpleasant.

About the hurricanes, at that point of time I made sure I got rid of those as I didn't want them to recur anymore. It's terrifying! Also, I did something out of character on the day I woke up from it and it changed my life.

I have daydreams, still. Haha!

MBTI
    INFJ

I woke up feeling anxious from a stoopid dream just now, but thought I'd share. So we were in New York City (I prefer calmer places) and trying to find a room in a hostel. The online vs. in-person rates were 10x different. My husband got impatient with my iPhoning up the right deal, so we just randomly sit down. The lobby had lots of computers. Out of the blue a super-close friend from before appears, who lives on the other side of the country in real life. I have no idea why she's there, but we sit down to a computer to start typing some assignment. We freak out at various little things 1) it closes and we're not done 2) the quality and length of what we've produced in crap and 3) some woman comes in and wants to pee in the trash can. My friend (also an INFJ in real life) acquiesces, but I forcefully convince this woman not too since I'm tense. Oh! Then we can't stay at the place b/c it's all sold out. The hubby disappeared when the friend appeared on the scene.

It's GOOD to be awake! Time for coffee...

MBTI
    INFJ

I woke up feeling anxious from a stoopid dream just now, but thought I'd share. So we were in New York City (I prefer calmer places) and trying to find a room in a hostel. The online vs. in-person rates were 10x different. My husband got impatient with my iPhoning up the right deal, so we just randomly sit down. The lobby had lots of computers. Out of the blue a super-close friend from before appears, who lives on the other side of the country in real life. I have no idea why she's there, but we sit down to a computer to start typing some assignment. We freak out at various little things 1) it closes and we're not done 2) the quality and length of what we've produced in crap and 3) some woman comes in and wants to pee in the trash can. My friend (also an INFJ in real life) acquiesces, but I forcefully convince this woman not too since I'm tense. Oh! Then we can't stay at the place b/c it's all sold out. The hubby disappeared when the friend appeared on the scene.

It's GOOD to be awake! Time for coffee...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I had a recurring dream when I was in my late teens, and the dream happened twice without resolution, and the last time there was resolution of a kind. In the first two dreams, I "wake up" in my dream and find myself sitting on a white, powdery, very soft and bouncy surface. The surface stretches out in all directions, and I cannot see anything past it. I feel frightened because I've no idea where I am and I feel myself slowly sinking through the surface into some kind of very sticky mass from which I know I'll never escape. I'm terrified. And at that point I wake in a cold sweat. So this is how it went the first two times I had the dream. The last time it happened, I am in the same situation, sinking into that horrible sticky mass, fearful of drowning or being suffocated. Then all of sudden it's as though the camera pulls back and I can see where I am. I am sitting on top of a marshmallow that is on a plate, next to a cup of hot chocolate on a table. A huge hand comes down and picks up the marshmallow with me sitting on it, and drops it into the cup of hot cocoa. At that point I woke up, and never had the dream again. What could it possibly mean? I've no idea. It could be just a little creative vignette created by my mind, or it might have had meaning that is so obscured that I can't understand it. Odd, isn't it? Thanks! Great topic.