First 1234 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Hmm. I don't know so much about this. It's usually easiest for me to spot extroverted types - ESFJs, ESFPs, ESTPs, ENFJs, etc...because their personality is more out there. I also think I know an INTJ when I see one.

With NF women especially I feel a certain connection of being understood, and learning about MBTI helped me to get what that was.

But no, I don't see NFs by the look in their eye.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Maybe only NF's actually look you in the eye, because they are such people-oriented people. The SP's are hanging off the balcony, the SJ's are busy cleaning up and serving food, the NT's are huddled around the latest computer gadget. So the NF's are the only ones looking at each other.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    Maybe only NF's actually look you in the eye, because they are such people-oriented people. The SP's are hanging off the balcony, the SJ's are busy cleaning up and serving food, the NT's are huddled around the latest computer gadget. So the NF's are the only ones looking at each other.
    Um, yeah. No.

I think a lot of stuff in this thread sounds like self-congratulatory type nonsense.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I am definitely good at identifying other NF's, especially other INFJ's. In fact, my 3 closest friends are all INFJ and with all 3 of those friends there was an immediate, unspoken feeling of connection and being understood. It was like there was something about their demeanor, facial expressions and other ways of being that seemed familiar. Most of my other friends are ENFP, INFP, and ENTP.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    Um, yeah. No.

I think a lot of stuff in this thread sounds like self-congratulatory type nonsense.
    +1. I think maybe after some deep conversation you might get a better idea that someone is NF...but otherwise...this sounds to me like the all-too-typical "NFs are completely intuitive! We can always read people with 100% accuracy and are NEVER wrong about another human being! It has never happened! Not even once!"...sort of thing.

Sorry.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lily flower View Post
    You know, this is what I was thinking about when I was posting on this topic but didn't articulate. Absolutely. NFs fix their gaze on you.

MBTI
    ENFP

Um, yeah. No.

I think you're taking the post you quoted and many of the responses in this thread too seriously in order to combat anything that may be misconstrued as anti-S sentiment. Of course we're going to congratulate ourselves in this section- no one else does. That is why each type has their own section. I don't think anyone would tell SPs and SJs to stop being proud of themselves/their type since they're the downtrodden on this forum but if an NF does it becomes evil and reviled.

Of course you're going to run into superstitious nonsense when talking about type. People tend to use MBTI as a personality indicator and make it hold more meaning than it actually can.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
    You know, this is what I was thinking about when I was posting on this topic but didn't articulate. Absolutely. NFs fix their gaze on you.
    What the heck are you people talking about? ESFJs are extremely interested in people and make plenty of eye contact in my experience. I've even met at least two INTJs that made pretty intense eye contact.

Yeah maybe Fs are more interested in people, and I will acknowledge a phenomenon that an ISFJ friend of mine and me call "feeler eyes." But it applies to strong Fs not just NFs.

I think ENTPs are sometimes very interested in people, too.

This thread is fucking fail.

MBTI
    ENFP

What the heck are you people talking about? ESFJs are extremely interested in people and make plenty of eye contact in my experience. I've even met at least two INTJs that made pretty intense eye contact.

Yeah maybe Fs are more interested in people, and I will acknowledge a phenomenon that an ISFJ friend of mine and me call "feeler eyes." But it applies to strong Fs not just NFs.

I think ENTPs are sometimes very interested in people, too.

This thread is fucking fail.
    Then leave it.
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren View Post
    I've met people of every type who do this...

As well as people who are interested in you for other reasons, people who are trying to sell you something (and there are different ways to try and sell someone something) will fix their gaze intently on you. I'm inclined to agree with marmalade on this one.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING