• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFP] What's INFP logic like?

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
2910698021ab88590f4b461fv6.jpg

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
I'll get in trouble for this but here goes: the solution that involves me doing as little as possible(I), affects many(N), without hurting anyone(F), and putting as little responsibility on myself as I can(P).

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Well what's INFP logic like?
Describe your analytical and emotional conclusions in relation to your logic system?

What I mean by that is how do you come to conclusions, what is the process behind your ability to make these conclusions valid in your mind. How do you know your intuition and emotional deductions are matching your systematic conclusions you have about the world around you?

Well, I'm really close to the F-T axis, and recently came to believe that I'm on the F side, but the debate continues. And it goes back and forth from the beginning of my life until now, including all my experiences, conversations, and interactions that I remember.

In addition, I've recently had a sort of existential enlightenment. I have these intense depressions. These occur when I get criticism or something negative happens, I feel very...well...suicidal. One of the worst times was when my college friends moved away or got married and the structures change suddenly. However, they can happen when I get criticism at work or even when I get something in the mail. "Oversensitive."

Sometimes, when I got close to resolving that suicide would be possible due to existentialism or nihilistic lines of thought, I came to a sense of absolute freedom. When the cycle of grief broke to the freedom to die; it simultaneous diminished that which was causing me to morose, and I had the freedom to live. This occurs in cycles, but they are changing. I am becoming stronger, and I'm less afraid that the depressions will actually lead to my death.

It used to be that I was float-some thrown up a tumultuous sea. Now it's more like, "Oh, I've been thrown in the water again". Okay, remember our gills. Let's swim a bit, and then well go back.

In addition to this existential process, I have various metaphysical beliefs about time and now. It's common symbols which describe different ways of looking at the present moment, 16 at "transforms." I study how these interact. It's common things like feng shui, yin and yang, and some that are not so common.

Right now, I'm reaching out (as you might see from threads I made). However, I'm also in a sort of joyous time. I'm exploring my life and relationships throughout time, and sort of re-parenting or re-nurturing myself. I view painful experiences that happened to me, and try to re-live the old pain. I am going everywhere in time and looking, but using the new mystical-existentialist powers I have.

Now, as a matter of necessity, most of this has been processed by catharsis. However, there is still pain and awkwardness and maybe a little fear, which resonate in the present as well. I had not power back then, and the dragons were very, very big. Now...surprise...I have a sword and fire resistant armor! *Makes personal note to rent 'how to train your dragon', just in case it has some insight.*

Now, maybe back to the topic, as I understand it, I can use logic, make spreadsheets and all this if it will make someone happy. I have a great deal of trouble maintaining it if it is just for my benefit. I have skills. I can even, sort of, do math, but the tenacity I employ depends on how it will please the person who wants the info. (according to what they asked for...I mean I don't just make something up...I make honest numbers.)

Is this an example of what you asked?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Is this an example of what you asked?

Yes the facilitation and utilization of the F-T axis is much like being able to swim between left and right brain dichotomies, like plotting cartesian coordinates and moving from dimensionality towards frequency and synchronization in our navigational systems of logic, emotions and balance.

BAJ

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w5
Yes the facilitation and utilization of the F-T axis is much like being able to swim between left and right brain dichotomies, like plotting cartesian coordinates and moving from dimensionality towards frequency and synchronization in our navigational systems of logic, emotions and balance.

It's difficult to explain sometimes because what is often actually going on is a lot of imagery. I often think in symbols. It's like the whole universe is involved with it too. For example, with yin and yang, you have the whole interplay of dichotomies and contrasts how they make you feel. This is similar to feng shui, which I accept (or believe) that I need to incorporate more Earth element, and how different patterns of objects in space make you feel. These are some of the more ordinary, widely-understood "transforms." Others are more complex, and others of the 16 I cannot explain.

Another common one is that, if you stand in the center, you are at the center of the universe, and this is the sacred circle. However, this is also represented by any point, and points are nothing. It is represented by rain. It is seen in dust and swarms of bees. The sacred center is becoming like a point. However, the point becomes the dissolution into dust or bees or flocks, like rain creating ripples on the surface of waters. All is form composed of points, and then the points are nothing. The accumulation of forms have substance, but it is the transitory aggregate.

So there are these 16 perspectives of the present, and then the on-stage performance of life occurs like the unfolding of a clock...an extremely complex one. And things happen to me. The "goal" as you said, is a sort of harmony or dance with this unfolding.

Eckhart

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
???
I'll get in trouble for this but here goes: the solution that involves me doing as little as possible(I), affects many(N), without hurting anyone(F), and putting as little responsibility on myself as I can(P).

Heh, that is so true!