User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    Whenever I take the time to explain my thought process, I'm often accused of being overly analytical. When I don't bother to explain my reasoning, some people think my conclusions don't make sense.

I know that doesn't answer the OP's question, but I would need a specific context.
    A specific context...uh...you got me there. How about explaining your thought process and analytical process in relation to how you interpret thoughts and emotions and how you rationalize them?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Einnas View Post
    My logic do not make sense to me. It is as Adasta said hunches.. I tend to plan things so that many people benefit it...
    When I know I have to make a decision where I might upset someone my emotions go beserk and I start my crying and hitting things. God, I am even getting upset now because I cannot describe it. Logic for me is what is proven and what make people happy? If I clean the kitchen I will make my parents happy, it is logic. I do not make sense, do I?
    Okay how about describing your emotional response to logic? Would you need to access a part of your emotional intelligence to rationalse emotional logic in such a way that you can think from your heart more than from your mind?

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Brain View Post
    Considering words are not adequate enough to fully explain my reasoning, I'll use a picture instead.

This. This is my logic. It is pure logic and nonsense all at once, an explosion of thoughts, half formed sentences and ideas and just, god, i don't even know what.

It makes perfect sense to me though =)

Oh. and this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Okay how about describing your emotional response to logic? Would you need to access a part of your emotional intelligence to rationalse emotional logic in such a way that you can think from your heart more than from your mind?
    I LOVE logic.

In any instance where i am having an emotional response to a situation and i can't think my way out of it, logic is what i need the most at that time. It's the reason i turn to my INTP dad for advice (nice, rational, logical advice) over my ESFP mum's emotional response to the situation.

There is already one of us in an illogical emotional mess, it doesn't need another person contributing.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm gutted that I'm the only one that actually attempted a deconstruction of INFP logic!

Come on guys; don't cop out!
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I also make jumps sometimes (N) but try to follow simple but effective lines of reasoning. If I tend to fail in any logic, it will usually be common sense logic. I like tackling big questions but these generally see no day to day use, unless I find people willing to discuss them. Stuff like not putting my foot in my mouth over everyday situations can sometimes be hard to avoid because I don't have much experience (finances, life-planning, navigating the job field, dealing with certain establishments, etc.) Once I get the in and outs of something I can more easily apply logic to them.

I don't relate to using what feels right or relying on gut alone. I do listen to these two things at all times but I feel it's dangerous to let them lead you around blindly. How I would instinctively react to something plays more of an advisory role than an executive one.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Originally posted by Synapse
    Is there room for chaos theory in that supernova?
    Well of course! There is a method to my madness, a certain unseen logic to my chaotic reasoning.

Originally posted by Nijntje
    This. This is my logic. It is pure logic and nonsense all at once, an explosion of thoughts, half formed sentences and ideas and just, god, i don't even know what.

It makes perfect sense to me though =)
    So true.

Level 8 Propaganda Bot SpankyMcFly's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    461 so/sx

Disclaimer: Depends on subject

If I know the subject "well" or I've discussed it frequently my thoughts will be very easy (for me) to explain and while it's not always linear it is logical.

If I'm asked to give my opinion on something I haven't thought about recently I "think" I know the answer, without really knowing why. When I'm asked to explain myself it is only through the act of going through my memories/mind that I even understand it myself. I'll often grab info from several different parts of my mind and slap them together, because as I'm searching they "seem" relevant. It's like the reason/ing only forms just as it is about to leave my mouth. It's almost like having lil epifanies as I'm talking. It's like Ne and Si are on overdrive gathering up infos and checking in with Fi for quality assurance.

I often don't even know what I "really" think about something until I talk about it and toss some ideas around through the above process that I "learn" what it is that I really feel/think about a subject. The subject matter affects this, but just about everything is a work in progress in my head and as such subject to refinement.
    "The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents... Some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the light into the peace and safety of a new Dark Age. " - H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by SpankyMcFly View Post
    It's like Ne and Si are on overdrive gathering up infos and checking in with Fi for quality assurance.
    This is a good soundbite!
    That girls are raped, that two boys knife a third,
    Were axioms to him, who'd never heard
    Of any world where promises were kept,
    Or one could weep because another wept.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I wouldn't say my logic is anything less than other people's. It is just that the logical process is less valuable than the value that the logic is defending. And my belief in logic is a lot more relative than my belief in my principles. I think that logic is a tool that can be used for many purposes, and it can be used from different perspectives. It can also be used to refine the values, and I think it should be used that way, but that's only up to a certain limit. If I valued logic more than the principles, then my valuation of logic would become the ultimate value, which would be too onesided.

MBTI
    INFP

INFPers usually, when presented with several points of view on a single fact, usually pick the POV that makes most sense at the innate level. Usually is kinda an automatic process. At least that's what I tend to do! :P