User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Default What's NF intensity, creativity and imagination like?

Where does your intensity come from?
    Where does your creativity and imagination come from?
    Is there a limit to your intensity creativity and imagination?
    Are you able to write in a sprawling manner freely? In an emotionally intense and intricate way how do you tap into your creativity and imagination?

I know when I'm switched on my responses are sprawling, creative and imaginative when I can relate to a topic, idea or am emotionally invested, connected to a conversation, then the flow of what I want to write becomes much easier and almost effortless, when I'm in the zone.

How much does your mood affect your intensity, creativity and imagination? For you to be in the zone, to go with the flow, to be able to express your views freely? For instance the Fe Fi gone awry thread is orgasmic, intense, epic, the kind of expression that totally just carries forward with such passionate intensity that really, the sky's the limit yeah?

How much do you have to be emotionally invested in a conversation to feel comfortable to write in a sprawling manner to flow?

Does the intensity need imagination, creativity, intuitive and emotional intelligent flex, describe whats the process like for you?

Does this makes sense to anyone?
    Do you have any strategies?
    Is this too convoluted again?

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

I get into my own hyper-intense "zone" when I'm being super creatively-focused too. This happens when I'm creating any sort of art, including visual art, music, any sort of writing (even when putting together an essay), poetry, etc. I break into a cold sweat and enter an almost trance-like state, where ideas seem to flow into my head and out of my body as if they come to me through shocks of lightning. To get into this state, I mentally block out my surroundings, and become very quiet and still. Essentially I allow for a very fast and engaging conversation with myself to take place in my head.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

There is a space in the center of my chest where I have something I can only call a feeling core. When I see or hear something I consider moving or beautiful I feel something like an inner storm swell and something intense courses through me. Music especially causes this. I put on my headphones and simply allow the story of the lyrics to be all that there is. It brings all of the creativity in me to life, otherwise I find myself to be mostly dormant. If I want to write a paper or a story I put on a song to match what it is I am trying to say and often, I find myself coming out of my trance after a few hours of having listened to that song. Music enhances emotion, it is one of the only things that can summon my feelings in a normal situation, otherwise, it takes something big to make me feel like a bleeding heart INFP. I really like this about myself because my Fi seems to pass through my Te now giving me a much more logical feel inside. I can kind of summon the intensity rather than be slave to it.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

^ that, basically.

i feel like i have an ocean inside. i can get caught up in reading something or listening to something and the ocean inside of me can swell or churn with joy or despair or rage. i try to manipulate my environment to create the right setting for inspiring something, too. i'll wear certain clothes and listen to certain music when i'm trying to get in a particular mood. if i can catch that swell, i can direct it out of me and into things i create.

that artistic/creative flow state in writing, that's from essentially summoning the ocean inside to swell up. it doesn't take much - just thinking about causes that really get me worked up. i have certain go-to pieces of music and art that are especially evocative to help me along the way, too.

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    i can get caught up in reading something or listening to something and the ocean inside of me can swell or churn with joy or despair or rage. i try to manipulate my environment to create the right setting for inspiring something, too. i'll wear certain clothes and listen to certain music when i'm trying to get in a particular mood. if i can catch that swell, i can direct it out of me and into things i create.
    I forgot about this part. I kind of create myself in terms of my feelings. If I am feeling serious I will pull my hair back wear my trench coat and glasses etc. More of a bubbly me I will let my hair down throw on a smile a pair of jeans and a tee shirt. Everything about me is based on what I feel.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Ha, ha.

Today, I was thinking to myself about how certain ideas really excites me, like mental/emotional hard-ons. That's how excited I get over ideas, how emotions are expressed, revelations, facts about society, inspiring stories, humanitarian adventures ... it all pleases me so very much. I go crazy over a precise, passionate, ambiguously written paragraph about a human emotion or a human condition that is so beautifully metaphorically written. I am talking about Haruki Murakami, who is INFP most likely. I used to think INTP, which is very silly because his Fi is so blatant but his characters are so logical, detached and pragmatic. I recommend him to anyone who wants to know what an INFP can do, how limitless and how amazing Fi/Ne creativity, imagination and intelligence can be.

See, I ranted a little bit.

I get inspired by the external environment (I don't know if this is necessarily the case for everyone. I guess Ni/Ti inspiration is different. Is it?) I can't sit in a room with white walls and come up with amazing ideas. I can come up with amazing ideas while outside, staring at subway tracks, people, listening to conversations, partaking in those conversations, staring at colors, at images, at speed, the way things move, facial expressions...

When I don't reach out, when I don't hold onto something outside of myself, I sort of cave in. I get suck in a Fi-Si-loop, get stuck in the past and bad feelings and pessimism. When I see what others can do, I get optimistic. When I stop thinking, stop holding myself so tightly together, when I begin to take risks, I feel much better, much healthier and active. The more I learn how to interact and engage with the external world, the more I feel better, confident, accomplished. For some reason, I couldn't do it naturally when I was younger. It's probably how I was raised, which was a unique situation in itself. Anyway.

Intensity. I can't listen to certain types of music/songs without getting very emotional. I avoid certain movies/shows when I feel vulnerable in a particular way. It makes my Si go crazy. When I am talking to someone and I am over-excited about a topic, I have to tone myself down so I don't scare everyone. Some days I can go a mile a minute, other days it's hard for me to grasp at original thoughts.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

My creativity is very influenced by my environment (Ne). Once something strikes a chord with me I just run a few miles with it and give it my own twist. Inspiration has to come from somewhere and you don't notice it unless you're in an open and fairly good humoured mood.

As far as writing dark things and creating insights about life..that's usually a culmination of crap from the past (Si) that gets thrown through my value system (Fi), usually because of a surge in hormones.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by Thessaly View Post
    My creativity is very influenced by my environment (Ne). Once something strikes a chord with me I just run a few miles with it and give it my own twist. Inspiration has to come from somewhere and you don't notice it unless you're in an open and fairly good humoured mood.

As far as writing dark things and creating insights about life..that's usually a culmination of crap from the past (Si) that gets thrown through my value system (Fi), usually because of a surge in hormones.
    Would you elaborate and expand upon this some more with examples?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Where does your intensity come from?
    Where does your creativity and imagination come from?
    Is there a limit to your intensity creativity and imagination?
    Are you able to write in a sprawling manner freely? In an emotionally intense and intricate way how do you tap into your creativity and imagination?

I know when I'm switched on my responses are sprawling, creative and imaginative when I can relate to a topic, idea or am emotionally invested, connected to a conversation, then the flow of what I want to write becomes much easier and almost effortless, when I'm in the zone.

How much does your mood affect your intensity, creativity and imagination? For you to be in the zone, to go with the flow, to be able to express your views freely? For instance the Fe Fi gone awry thread is orgasmic, intense, epic, the kind of expression that totally just carries forward with such passionate intensity that really, the sky's the limit yeah?

How much do you have to be emotionally invested in a conversation to feel comfortable to write in a sprawling manner to flow?

Does the intensity need imagination, creativity, intuitive and emotional intelligent flex, describe whats the process like for you?

Does this makes sense to anyone?
    Do you have any strategies?
    Is this too convoluted again?
    Does anyone have anything else to add?
    I'm curious. How does intensity manifest itself in terms of feelings towards others?
    What if everything's an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet. - Woody Allen

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

My intensity comes from a place deep inside of me, and it can keep coming and coming and coming...it's already in me, I don't need external factors, though it helps. I'm like a hurricane that's learned how to imitate a gentle breeze with maturity.

My imagination tends to have to do with imagining what it's like to be other people and why they do things in context of their environment and culture, sometimes it's also just pure fantasy, and I can be inspired by nature and architecture and travel and change and people and intense experiences. My creativity keeps flowing if I keep interacting, but I have to get away by myself to actually create something.

Yes, I can write in a sprawling manner, I use to write for sheer beauty of words and sensory impact more before I went to college, and before I realized how difficult that is for other people to understand.

Yes, my mood affects my creativity. Without a doubt.

The worst feeling in the world is being forced to be too structured (like living an STJ framework of a life). Even raw emotional pain from loss is better than forced, dull, repetitive, rote structure.

I fucking hate structure. I don't think I've worn shoes all day and I never want to have to follow a schedule again.

I'm going through a period of intense rebellion right now. It seems this has been going on since I withdrew from college almost a year ago.

I've basically tuned in, turned on, and dropped out. I'll let you know what the results are next year or the year afterward.