User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by kccrush View Post
    Sometimes you just need one person, and one person alone, to share a connection with. Do you have that, or are you seeking an army of people? I'd suggest starting out small and just find one special friend. After that you'll feel much less lonely.
    This is so true - one kindred spirit will do the trick. And sometimes, being lonely is just the open door that allows that relationship to happen.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i feel lonely when i'm trapped in my own ocean of disappointment, which usually involves a sense of feeling alien and rejected and defective and incapable. this creates a lot of nihilistic backdrops upon which i place myself doing nothing in a very nihilistic way, like a garden gnome.

it's this huge cataclysmic kablammo of what i want being frustrated and building up to epic proportions and my own sense of affectability, efficacy, motivation, and belief in my self plummeting. there's nothing i can do then but try to be as rational as possible and try to control the fire and quarantine it as quickly as possible before there's too much damage and too much costly repair work that will make me need too much wallowing time.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    it's this huge cataclysmic kablammo of what i want being frustrated and building up to epic proportions and my own sense of affectability, efficacy, motivation, and belief in my self plummeting. there's nothing i can do then but try to be as rational as possible and try to control the fire and quarantine it as quickly as possible before there's too much damage and too much costly repair work that will make me need too much wallowing time.
    Ah yes. I know this feeling all too well. The worst part is that the only person in my life who really understands it is an INTJ that is on the other side of the continent...so I've been wallowing in my lack of a kindred spirit constantly present in my life. I'm in need of a sidekick...and I'm struggling with myself trying to figure out how to not need one...but it seems to me I need to change the nature of my personality to do that.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Its all in your imagination, its a figment, we create positive manifestations when we want to. I'll have to properly answer this, today I am feeling a lightheaded.

MBTI
    INFJ

I get that moods follow thoughts, but taking it much further than that (I.e., the secret) is a little creepy.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by anarchos View Post
    To all the INFx out there - have you ever feel frustrated over the fact that you have such a world of ideas & passion within yourself, but somehow just unable to share it with the people around you, especially to the ones you sincerely care about?
    I don't know if I'm just becoming old or what, but now that you asked, no, not anymore. If I get it right, you mean that you are unable to turn it all to words, or you are unable to speak? I do know that feeling and had trouble with it (although, at the time I didn't really even know how to put this problem into words or even in thoughts), but it seems like it's not there anymore. On one hand I've started to think that no matter who or what you are, it is impossible to put it into words, and on the other, I've found that I have a more convenient way of making myself heard. There are some weird forms of subtle communication that we are mostly unaware of. You know, like that person who is in a group and does (visibly) nothing but still has an enormous influence in the group. If you take him away the group will be missing something. I am starting to think that these different kind of communication methods are my thing. Why do I need to be able to turn everything into strings of letters in order to feel like I am understood? Of course I also use words and enjoy it, but it seems more complimentary for my well being.

In your pursuit to be true to yourself as an individual, have you ever wish to be more 'normal', to conform & blend among the crowd?
    I don't feel like it is a huge sacrifice to not stand out too much, but there are some things that frustrate me about this.

Have you ever tried just that (conforming), then feel completely off for pretending to be someone you're not, and ended up hating yourself for it?
    I tried. Epic fail. I actually think that people thought that I am even weirder than I am. Well, it's only logical. People sense fake personality, and if they don't, they will just think you're bi-polar or something, because at times the real you will come through.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

once you accept yourself as something 'other', you can't go back through that door again, even if you want to...

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    once you accept yourself as something 'other', you can't go back through that door again, even if you want to...
    What do you mean?

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    What do you mean?

MBTI
    INFP

Have you ever tried just that (conforming), then feel completely off for pretending to be someone you're not, and ended up hating yourself for it?
    Yes, and it was a disaster. But it taught me to always insist on just being myself, and that has been working great for me ever since.