User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    OMNi

Default NFs; what do you find attractive?

I find it very difficult to find an attractive person. I wish I could be like some of my friends who see somebody good looking walking down the street and instantly fall for them. I don't think looks are all that important. Maybe I'm just too critical or selective. So what attracts you folks to a possible mate?

Are you asking for what physically attracts us, or what attracts us mentally and psychologically? Granted, you could say all attraction takes place in the brain, whether it's lust or compassion or loyalty. Are you looking for anything and everything that attracts us?
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    INFp

I'm like you. Looks really don't matter all that much to me; personality is far more important. I also find it hard to be physically attracted to someone if I'm not mentally/emotionally attracted as well. However, I find that I'm usually attracted to guys with dark hair. Eye color doesn't matter so much, but I love the dark hair. I also love for them to be taller than me (doesn't take much, by the way) and I like 'em skinny. I really don't have much of a preference, but these are the kind of guys I'm typically attracted to.

As for personality, I usually like someone outgoing because I'm introverted. Definitely someone who can make me laugh, and someone I can have fun with. I'm kind of "one of the guys" and have a pretty good amount of guy friends, so I also need someone who can handle that and not get jealous. I love light-hearted, easygoing guys with a good sense of humor. I prefer someone who can have a meaningful conversation with me, someone who thinks and feels as deeply as I do, but it's not necessary, as long as they understand that I'm like that.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I find it very difficult to find an attractive person. I wish I could be like some of my friends who see somebody good looking walking down the street and instantly fall for them. I don't think looks are all that important. Maybe I'm just too critical or selective. So what attracts you folks to a possible mate?
    I need a mind that understands. Ni is attracted mainly to the mind. Then there are other little things... mutual attraction, humor, ease in communication, personality. I suppose these things are difficult to pick out at a glance.

Physical attractiveness is nice... but it's not something I require. All this makes me sound cold... but I do like hugs and kisses.

MBTI
    Infx

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Me too.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

I can't remember what I said about attractiveness, but I'm peculiar too, Kid. Something just strikes me right between the eyes and I can never know what it is until some time later when I've had a chance to really get a good look at him or her that says "I'm electric - plug me in! "

Almost always it has something to do with their confidence levels, quick-wittedness and their strong (I or E) personalities. I like some flash in the eyes. Whatever it is that sets off the "mongoose-cobra" tangle.

"Too pretty" people (self-consciously or synthetically) turn me off.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    Are you asking for what physically attracts us, or what attracts us mentally and psychologically? Granted, you could say all attraction takes place in the brain, whether it's lust or compassion or loyalty. Are you looking for anything and everything that attracts us?
    Granted, I was looking for the most attractive thing an NF would find in a potential mate.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Ni - mental (based on INFJs I know)
    Ne - confidence (based on my ENFP sister)
    Fi - avant garde
    Fe - death wish swinging from a chandelier

lol

I say these things loosely.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious