• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs; what do you find attractive?

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
awww...i've said this several times so sorry anybody who cares...but my dad was an enfp and my mom is infj...and they were SO cute together!!

which really means very little if she's infp but thought i'd mention it anyway...haha

and yeah...those are pretty cool and important things. :D

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
Besides the whole 'love at first sight', I would say that ability to connect without anything being done or said. To be comfortable with their presence without bias or judgement. To just 'feel' the attraction with no games or tricks, and that nothing they do will ever change that. So I would have to say in one word: Depth

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I really like confidence, even arrogance.
creativity is nice and sense of humor is a must.
intelligence is probably the most important thing. i'm instantly attracted to someone who is smarter than myself.
i also like quirks. i like people to be a little weird.
When people are so perfectly normal it freaks me out.
I could have written the above. Unfortantly, meeting some one smarter than me doesn't happen that often (I don't mean to sound arrogant). I also like a man who "keeps" me in my place, so to speak, not in a male chavunistic way.
There is some thing quite sexy about a man, who stays his ground and isn't intimidated by me (which also happens rarely).

PurpleDusk

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
What attracts me to a possible mate? To be honest, I don't really think I've been physically attracted to anyone. Having a good sense of humor is always good as well as being able to hold a stimulating conversation...(Eg, anything other than "how has your day been?"). However I also look for these things in potential friends so really, I can't say that I know what I look for in a mate at all.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Personality is the most attractive thing about someone. I get attracted when I see that they are open minded enough to talk with me, and then I get even more attracted when I see that I can grow from the person. Looks are about a 3/10 for me, personality 9/10.

Anaita

MBTI Type
INFJ
Instinctual Variant
sp
Initial attraction is almost purely intellectual. I love in depth conversation with intelligent and open minded people. I personally find them so rarely in my every day life.

The qualities that facilitate transition into an actual relationship are numerous and quite a bit more involved.

Occasionally I'll have a positive intuitive feeling about someone, and unexplainable attraction...never sexual, just friendly... that's always a good sign.

You and me both.

I sometimes feel pretty cursed by the NF thing because I don't just want, I require, an all-systems fusion. Add that to a weird peculiarity in my attractions plus my need to be sure of what I'm seeing (which entails some passage of time to get to know him better), and you have "alone forever" lurking at the end of the equation.

I didn't realize this about myself until I met someone with whom this is seeming actually possible. I think I had a vague idea of, "oh wouldn't it be nice?" Had engaged in several relationships where I settled, but ultimately couldn't keep it up. I had an idea that it would never happen for me, I was being too picky.

Then I had the most strange courtship experience... I made an intellectual connection with someone, a friendship that evolved into a months long extended interview between two strangely passionate persons.

We were both in a relationship at the time, and not really particularly looking for anything else. When we began to compare notes, both admitting to settling with our current companions. It started with discussing that we both wanted to some day be married and raise a family, and what reasons we had for feeling apprehensions about our current companions. Then probing one another about values, proper ways to handle various situations, child rearing ideas, personal strengths and weaknesses, what kinds of things we would want out of our ideal partners, etc.

So at first there was this very stimulating intellectual discourse attraction that could have been anything, then this objective realization that this person shares my aspirations, my values, my ideas about everything important and has certain aspects that bolster my weaknesses and I theirs, then we found we like all the same foods, all the same music, we had similar childhood experiences, and a difference in IQ of exactly 3 points... it was bizarre, it is bizarre. After that we figured we wanted to explore "us" and admitted that we were quickly developing feelings for one another. So we ended our relationships and decided to see what would happen.

So far, the single most pleasant dating experience of my life. I'm stunned with how well we handle our issues, in other relationships it was this massive dramatic drawn out frustrating process...misunderstandings up to wazoo. We rarely have them, when we do it's usually caused by anxiety from previous relationships or experiences, we talk about it, we talk about what would help to fix or at least lessen the anxiety/problem, and those needs then get attended to right away.

I guess... don't lose hope?

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
An individual's personality ultimately dictates whether I'm able to feel much attraction at all. I must know something of who you are and what you do; looks alone are far from enough to catch my interest. I seem to develop feelings by accident, after I've become close enough to a friend to realize that his character appeals to me, romantically and sexually. It can be a slow process, but I find it to be a very organic, authentic one. There's usually a lot of sexual tension which, once acknowledged, explodes with massive amounts of...chemistry. Yeah, that's it.

If I decide to do the relationship thing, I need somebody on the same wavelength as myself. My connection is very mental; I require an emotionally mature partner who is both intelligent and highly sensitive. I prefer creative, passionate people, ones with a myriad of interests and, perhaps, a certain something they excel at (whatever it may be). The more our interests and senses of humor coincide, the better. Typologically speaking, experience has taught me that I'm far better suited to an intuitive man as opposed to a sensing one.

Physical appearances do play a role in facilitating some measure of sexual attraction - if, and only if, personality checks out. However, I don't really have certain attributes that I go for exclusively. If I am attracted to YOU, I don't care what your hair color is (for example). I've trended toward guys with dark hair in the past, I guess, and I've had a thing for the uniqueness of redheads. Nonetheless, I've been drawn to men of all hair colors, and am currently interested in a dirty blonde. I like trim or athletic physiques because it's often a sign that these individuals make an effort to take care of themselves. I appreciate little "imperfections" because I find them endearing and unique.

kyli_ryan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2wX
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What attracts me to a possible mate? To be honest, I don't really think I've been physically attracted to anyone. Having a good sense of humor is always good as well as being able to hold a stimulating conversation...(Eg, anything other than "how has your day been?"). However I also look for these things in potential friends so really, I can't say that I know what I look for in a mate at all.

I would kind of agree with this idea... I can't really tell what I look for in a mate. Even my current boyfriend, I couldn't honestly say that I was physically attracted to him the first time we met... It took me getting to know him before I figured out how attractive/compatible we were together.

I think the most attractive qualities to me are within a man's character. I need someone who is kind and humble. He doesn't need to be a saint or anything, but I appreciate a guy who is dependable and who I can know what he is loyal to (hopefully his friends and family, and not just himself).

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
Personality when it comes down to it. However I can't be attracted to looks only nor can I only be attracted to personality.

What is attractive to me... Depth. Mystery.

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
the right combination of looks, empathy, personality. In that order.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
Titays.

Just kidding (but not really). I value intelligence a lot, same with a sense of humor. I can't even think of a single friend of mine who I couldn't share some laughs with. Being slightly unrealistic and dreamy is also incredibly sexy to me. Those artsy chicks who are constantly int heir own head? Yum.

Ukon

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
.../casually deletes everything she originally put

Okay, Ukon. This is a thread about what we find attractive, not what our dream person is like. /cough

Attractive as in appearance, or attractive as in personality? I'll do both, I guess. Though appearance really doesn't matter to me all too well.

Appearance:
I like big butts and I cannot lie!
Legs. I like long, plump legs, or legs with honey-thighs. I like it when they aren't sticks and their legs actually touch.
Light muscles, for men.
A gentle face.
Red hair.
A bit of a tummy. It's cute, okay?
Flat tummies as well.

Personality:
Intelligence.
Kindness.
Nice sense of humour.
Confidence.

G

garbage

Compassion, empathy, intelligence, strength, drive, and a desire to live life to its fullest. I like 'em cute, too.

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
guy's guys.
someone strong and supportive and even keeled. Can get things done. Take charge and decisive.
Looks: On the bigger and taller side with facial hair.

Qlip

Post Human Post
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I can't say, there are too many factors. I know it when I see it.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I like odd, quirky, tattood, personality disorder-riddled girls who are covered with paint or pottery clay, who swear like sailors and have few inhibitions.

Ultimately, I fear boredom.

Sizzling Berry

MBTI Type
INFP
combination of honesty and kindness - deadlyyyyy :wubbie:

I think it's the bravest thing on earth to be honest with somebody you care about ----> the feeling that you can gain and lose a lot by this honesty

and if you can do it in a soulful and respectful way - brilliant

Reverie

In orbit
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx
I need a mind that understands. Ni is attracted mainly to the mind. Then there are other little things... mutual attraction, humor, ease in communication, personality. I suppose these things are difficult to pick out at a glance.

Physical attractiveness is nice... but it's not something I require. All this makes me sound cold... but I do like hugs and kisses. :wubbie:

I could say that I'm only attracted to nebulous things in men but my husband and exes have for the most part been suspiciously good looking for that to be completely true. Maybe it's the inferior Se but looks don't hurt. Essence...in a nice wrapper.

Agreed. The mental component, while very necessary (at least speaking for myself... I love-love a smart man...), isn't everything. There *must* be some all-systems fusion from the get-go. My kind of magic. The Piranha "it" factor.

I've tried that method of 'waiting it out' and it doesn't work. You can't make a whole relationship out of just one or two aspects. You have to have it all clicking into place.
I think intuition has played a big part when I've selected partners. I just know if it'll work out. When I was younger I made the mistake of not trusting my intuition and going with reason and it's bit me in the butt every time. My husband I just knew I was going to marry when I saw him.

Generally I've been attracted to the fun and zany yet deep extrovert and the mysterious brooding introvert. ;D