User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Oh that would be another great, great, great fit!! Just make sure that hearing other peoples problems all day would bring you down ya know? But I know there are other realms of psychology too and some not so depressing. The thing is we could be happy doing so many things! We are lucky in that aspect but man it can make the decision process hard! I always thought a professor would be an amazing fit for ENFPs so always keep that as an option too!
    What we think, or what we know, or what we believe is, in the end, of little consequence. The only consequence is what we do.

MBTI
    EnfJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Do informational interviews and ask the tough questions. For example I asked about how the person whose job I want at UT here (Director of mentorship office) got to their position and the sacrifices, the politics, the unspoken expectations... Also sounds crazy but school might not be for you. Graduate or medical sounds glossy and prestigious but in reality is no fun and actually seems to depress most of us under the extreme load and pressures. If your research isn't good you may waste thousands of dollars and not get a diploma and it is also competitive in the research portion and I am in counseling.
    Also one weird way that I learned my likes was being around the mass groups of each master's field. Counseling people were somewhat like (but more serious and very P, or almost super humble and ISFP, or research oriented INTJ- like psychiatrist clinical detached) me but the personality traits stood out sharply that I didn't have and I can see now why the fields have certain personality traits. For example I noticed I left so energized and happy when around a cohort from student affairs- student personnel services in education administration. Then it hit me! They are "my" people. And I can do guidance counseling. Sometimes seeing "your people" can help you peg what you want.

I have lots more thoughts being a second year graduate student and 5 years of out college but send me your questions in PM and I can tackle them. I also think it just takes time and courage!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceRobin View Post
    Oh that would be another great, great, great fit!! Just make sure that hearing other peoples problems all day would bring you down ya know? But I know there are other realms of psychology too and some not so depressing. The thing is we could be happy doing so many things! We are lucky in that aspect but man it can make the decision process hard! I always thought a professor would be an amazing fit for ENFPs so always keep that as an option too!
    haha i know i thought of that too! like, would it be depressing? but maybe not. we are lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherC View Post
    Do informational interviews and ask the tough questions. For example I asked about how the person whose job I want at UT here (Director of mentorship office) got to their position and the sacrifices, the politics, the unspoken expectations... Also sounds crazy but school might not be for you. Graduate or medical sounds glossy and prestigious but in reality is no fun and actually seems to depress most of us under the extreme load and pressures. If your research isn't good you may waste thousands of dollars and not get a diploma and it is also competitive in the research portion and I am in counseling.
    Also one weird way that I learned my likes was being around the mass groups of each master's field. Counseling people were somewhat like (but more serious and very P, or almost super humble and ISFP, or research oriented INTJ- like psychiatrist clinical detached) me but the personality traits stood out sharply that I didn't have and I can see now why the fields have certain personality traits. For example I noticed I left so energized and happy when around a cohort from student affairs- student personnel services in education administration. Then it hit me! They are "my" people. And I can do guidance counseling. Sometimes seeing "your people" can help you peg what you want.

I have lots more thoughts being a second year graduate student and 5 years of out college but send me your questions in PM and I can tackle them. I also think it just takes time and courage!
    thank you!! i think that's a great idea about resonating with "your people". i do know what you mean.

anyway i love school in general and don't mind more work... i actually kind of like being under a lot of academic stress, because i'm crazy like that

i do wish i could find more grouped ENFPs. we seem so scattered compared to some other groups. i'm fascinated by how i'm watching friends i've typed a certain way (or whose types i know) go into career categories that totally fit that type. an ESFJ nurse, ESFJ teacher, ESFP culinary student, ESFP photographer, ENFJ psychologist, ESFP preschool teacher, INTP chemist, ENTP physicist, INTP doctor, ESFP special event planner, and so on. ENFPs, i have no idea where we even fall. i have one ENFP friend who's working at a law firm, another who went into journalism but hated it and now plans to get a master's in literature (though she doesn't need to ever have a job because her family has boatloads of money, and is not particularly work-oriented).

must hunt down more ENFPs

anyway thank you!! will probably be PM'ing later