First 12345 Last

Thread: be yourself.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    No, I don't. Because as any Fi user will tell you preserving our identity irrespective of the crowd is very important sometimes. My intent and motivations have prevented me from adapting to the crowd numerous crowds.
    And any Fe user will tell you identity is just as important to us. And it is in the name of that identity that we adapt..

So if Fi is to not care what other people think, that is OK.. If that's your personal value. But what if Your very personal and subjective value is to make sure that you be the appropriate you in every situation? Is that not using Fi to guide you?

It looks a lot Like Fe now doesn't it??.. and me being this adamant that you get this right sure looks a lot like Fi doesn't it??.. because you are treading on my values here.
    And will continue to do so until you realize you are in fact, the one who made an ad hominem attack on someone, and it just happened to be someone I really like .. So meet Fe with Sp/Sx dom.. And tell your FI to chew on it

And Don't you see the irony???.. this a thread about being yourself.. and you are telling someone it's bad to be themselves because it trips your own Fi.. Dear God!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

"How am I not myself?"

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZCpXngFXoU"]How am I not myself?[/YOUTUBE]

I don't consider myself a chameleon type at all, but I do have different sides & levels to my personality. I am not one-dimensional, so I will definitely seem "different" at times, depending on the context, my mood, the people in my company, etc. Sometimes these aspects can seem contradictory, but they're just different sides of the same coin .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    And any Fe user will tell you identity is just as important to us. And it is in the name of that identity that we adapt..

So if Fi is to not care what other people think, that is OK.. If that's your personal value. But what if Your very personal and subjective value is to make sure that you be the appropriate you in every situation? Is that not using Fi to guide you?

It looks a lot Like Fe now doesn't it??.. and me being this adamant that you get this right sure looks a lot like Fi doesn't it??.. because you are treading on my values here.
    And will continue to do so until you realize you are in fact, the one who made an ad hominem attack on someone, and it just happened to be someone I really like .. So meet Fe with Sp/Sx dom.. And tell your FI to chew on it

And Don't you see the irony???.. this a thread about being yourself.. and you are telling someone it's bad to be themselves because it trips your own Fi.. Dear God!
    Wtf are you on? Horse brain tranquilizer? This forum is for discussing. You're delusional in your perception. But do carry on brave paladin. There are hundreds of other forum members in need of assistance, I'm sure.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Moiety View Post
    Wtf are you on? Horse brain tranquilizer? This forum is for discussing. You're delusional in your perception. But do carry on brave paladin. There are hundreds of other forum members in need of assistance, I'm sure.
    If I was on horse tranquilizers would I be able to write?
    Delusional?

You are still ignoring the issue at hand.

And have resorted to your little favorite "ad hominem " attack response.
    So typical.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    If I was on horse tranquilizers would I be able to write?
    Delusional?

You are still ignoring the issue at hand.

And have resorted to your little favorite "ad hominem " attack response.
    So typical.
    I'm glad I have mature role models like you in my forum life. I'm ignoring the issue you've created, yes.

A window to the soul

Nervous, shy, life of the party, comedian, nerd, serious, silly, it varies depending on who I'm with and where I'm at. There's a time and place for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    Nervous, shy, life of the party, comedian, nerd, serious, silly, it varies depending on who I'm with and where I'm at. There's a time and place for everything.
    Me two, it just depends on how comfortable you feel (or what kind of mood your in) around certain groups of people.
    Fe | Ni | Se | Ti ... 3w4 ... Lawful Neutral ... Johari -Nohari

A window to the soul

To the OP, I realize you're ENFP, but I think you can relate to one of my favorite descriptions for INFP's. I relate to this the most (see quote below). I am so random in personality. I can be extremely serious one moment, focused on something logical. The next moment, I'm laughing it up. It all just feels so natural; even when I feel out of my element in a crowd and I'm extremely reserved. Your ISTP friend is very young, no?

INFps are distinguished by their sense of humor. Their humor is spontaneous, cutely ironic, and oftentimes rather random. They may put on a faзade of being under the influence of any number of substances, and as a result may appear childish, out-of-touch, and spacey. This is actually a defense mechanism to distance themselves from a contrived existence. When acting like this, they are most likely thinking: “You people take yourselves way too seriously.” They may seem estranged from reality, but they in fact dwell on a far more significant plane in their own minds. Internally they understand full well the gritty undertones of life, but see the world within the context of an overarching, transcendent framework that liberates him from the trappings of the workaday world. They have their eyes on “bigger issues” at hand.

At their core, INFps cannot bear being disliked – they would rather die beloved than live despised. In social situations, they tend to take on the role of a pacifist – averting conflict, to the point of putting themselves in the middle of an argument. They rarely like taking sides unless they truly believe they are acting nobly. They want to be thought of as wise beyond their years (and they often are), sometimes taking on the role of a learned sage come down from the mountaintop after having spent fifty years observing the ways of his fellow men. They can become great at debate if the topic is one they care about, but will often turn to impressive and pensive rhetoric as opposed to solid factual evidence when making their case.
    I wish I could find the website link. That description may be for ENFP equivalent, since I know it's not MTBI.

Edit:
    Here's the source link to the quote and it looks like it's socionomics after all (Russian?),
    http://www.socioforum.ru/topic11205.html

Here's their description for ENFP,
    http://www.socioforum.ru/topic11212.html

I saved the description to a word doc awhile back. I originally found the site through a link here on TC posted by another member. I think Rebe posted it...?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by perfectgirl View Post
    To the OP, I realize you're ENFP, but I think you can relate to one of my favorite descriptions for INFP's. I relate to this the most (see quote below). I am so random in personality. I can be extremely serious one moment, focused on something logical. The next moment, I'm laughing it up. It all just feels so natural; even when I feel out of my element in a crowd and I'm extremely reserved. Your ISTP friend is very young, no?

I wish I could find the website link. That description may be for ENFP equivalent, since I know it's not MTBI. Don't think it's socionomics.
    type it into google and it will show up. i have read this too. it's socionics infp but i think they are describing MTBI infp, not IEI. I think. I suspect some socionics websites get their descriptions/types mixed up.

i admit i act differently around different people, even going as far as adapting to their lingo. when i am with my more lower-class friend, i curse more and slang-more. when i am with my upper-middle class friend, i don't curse or slang as much. when i am trying to impress someone, i don't curse. i am apparently a very dirty curse-r. i do tone myself down, act less crazy and random. i don't feel comfortable. i only show my true side without inhibition if i know that the other person will accept me and can relate and act alike. with an intj, i never showed personal anger. with an istp, i had no problems showing emotional anger for brief moments. with an isfj, i expressed sadness and vulnerability. with an istj, i only do it at rare moments. i am an onion.

A window to the soul

Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    type it into google and it will show up. i have read this too. it's socionics infp but i think they are describing MTBI infp, not IEI. I think. I suspect some socionics websites get their descriptions/types mixed up.
    Rebe, lol funny you just posted. If I remember right, I got that link from you in another thread. You posted a link to the descriptions.