User Tag List

First 123 Last

Ginkgo

'Tis a good combo. A bit directionless, but a good combo.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    But then you'ld have to transform entp as well, cause only the first two functions match with mbti. The third and fourth would in socionics be Se and Fi.
    Socionics lists functions for types in different order than MBTI.

They go like this:
    1st and 2nd valued functions (Ne and Ti for ENTP)
    3rd and 4th rejected functions (Se and Fi for ENTP)
    5th and 6th valued functions (Fe and Si for ENTP)
    7th and 8th rejected functions (Ni and Te for ENTP)

Which functions ENTP values doesn't change, so ENTP isn't transformed in any way and stays ENTp.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

@sulfit

Thanks for the great info.
    There aren't many socionics sources online, esp. in English.

The order of the rejected functions seems interesting. Kind of along the lines of Beebe's (and other analysts).

Are the rejected functions in socionics assigned productive roles as in Beebe's model?

Your last statement might be misunderstood by many who view type as some static label/description. I'm not really sure what you are saying there. As far as I know the natural progression in life is to absorb more of the "functions" into the conscious awareness. Jung talks about an ambivalent state of reconciling the opposites (which is different from personified life) which I understand as a change in the intensity of preferring one function at the expense of another.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

As friend's it's pretty good. Lots of laughs and general comedic camaraderie. As lovers, I'm not sure (never btdt).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    The order of the rejected functions seems interesting. Kind of along the lines of Beebe's (and other analysts).

Are the rejected functions in socionics assigned productive roles as in Beebe's model?
    Rejected functions are given roles in Socionics. You can read about them here (SuperEgo and Id contain unvalued functions): http://wikisocion.org/en/index.php?title=Functions
    Additional explanation: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...-of-the-Psyche

Your last statement might be misunderstood by many who view type as some static label/description. I'm not really sure what you are saying there.
    I was trying to explain that socionics ENTp values the same functions as MBTI ENTP: Ne-Ti-Fe-Si and that because the order in which functions are listed in socionics is different from MBTI it doesn't mean that these types are different.

As far as I know the natural progression in life is to absorb more of the "functions" into the conscious awareness. Jung talks about an ambivalent state of reconciling the opposites (which is different from personified life) which I understand as a change in the intensity of preferring one function at the expense of another.
    From what I remember of Jung, he states that we take the first quarter century of our life to establish our ego. The ego corresponds to dominant and auxiliary functions. Then, past our mid-20s, we start developing other functions such as tertiary and inferior. At all times the functions are latent within the psyche, and depending on your age bracket they may be expressed at different strengths.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

ENTPs are insanely attractive but I don't always feel safe with them. Not, like, physically safe- I'm not worried about beatings or anything like that from ENTPs. Just.. I find INTPs a bit more tethered and deliberate, if that makes sense. They still have that Ne-a-poppin' that is so intoxicating to me, but they think before they say things that will crush me utterly. This is not to say that I don't think an INFP/ENTP relationship could be awesome! It certainly could, if the ENTP were of a thoughtful bent and the INFP were sufficiently tough. And if the INFP isn't tough right away, they might be willing to toughen up for the ENTP. Even being with an INTP has toughened me (in a good way).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    ENTPs are insanely attractive but I don't always feel safe with them. Not, like, physically safe- I'm not worried about beatings or anything like that from ENTPs. Just.. I find INTPs a bit more tethered and deliberate, if that makes sense. They still have that Ne-a-poppin' that is so intoxicating to me, but they think before they say things that will crush me utterly. This is not to say that I don't think an INFP/ENTP relationship could be awesome! It certainly could, if the ENTP were of a thoughtful bent and the INFP were sufficiently tough. And if the INFP isn't tough right away, they might be willing to toughen up for the ENTP. Even being with an INTP has toughened me (in a good way).
    Socionics recommends pairing of INxx types with ESxx types. ESxx are good at managing and protecting physical resources which is something that INxx types don't do well for themselves. At the same time ESxx types don't have the kind of foresight and intuitive insight into situations that INxx types have.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    As friend's it's pretty good. Lots of laughs and general comedic camaraderie. As lovers, I'm not sure (never btdt).
    You meant delta dt right ?

No I dunno understand what you all have with that "entps are dangerous" thing. That only says that you dont know them. I mean they are like dogs: the one that bark the loudest are the least likely to bite you. And besides that, every entp has a little boy at heart. Its a good chance that your entp can become an adult who is reponsible and who stands his ground. But no matter what happens, there will always be a little sensitive boy at heart.

@Advice to entps:
    if you start relationships with ixfp people, keep shields around little boy raised all times !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

my only foray into infp/entp was horrid. But that's only because he was a controlling abusive drug addicted asshole. Otherwise, it might have worked.

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

That sucks. I am glad I got away from drugs and so prolly as well from being abusive.

Control is still an issue, but that could be german genes as well :/. I always answer the mbti p and j type questions in favor of the p result. But at work and in family I can sell me as a p to nobody. The very first time I took the mbti it gave me entj and hold the type description "The fieldmarshall". Since it was an american dating site I thought it wouldnt be so clever to run around there as a german wearing the label "fieldmarshall"
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]