First 12

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nancynobullets View Post
    How to be a pessimist or optimist: A handy thought guide.

Pessimism
    Something bad happens: This will effect me for a long time, This will negatively effect other areas of my life, This was my fault
    Something good happens: This will only make me happier for while, This is not likely to positvely effect other areas of my life, I got lucky

Optimism
    Something bad happens: This will only effect me for a short while, This wont have an impact on the rest of my life, Other forces were at play
    Something good happens: This event will brighten up my life, This even will effect other areas of my life, This event was a deserved result of my efforts.
    nicely expressed.

i second-guess things too, but i do most of my second-guessing pre-decision, instead of post-decision. it makes me a shitty decider, but i don't ruminate over the past much.

anyway, maybe when you find yourself second-guessing you can try to channel that energy into doing something that works towards counteracting whatever negative result you didn't like.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by SecondBest View Post
    I have the perfect solution for this.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wS5xOZ7Rq8"]Not giving a fuck[/YOUTUBE]
    That made my night. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post

Still doesn't quite solve my problem though. NFs are bad at not giving a...
    I'm super bad at not giving a fsck. Although for some reason, when things are super-busy for me, and I don't give a f... about all of the stuff going on, I get so much more done and I'm so much better at everything. And then I peak (or crash, depending on how you look at it), and then I'm exhausted for at least a week. The exhaustion forces me to not do anything, so I end up thinking about everything I should be giving a f... about, and the cycle continues.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by ExAstrisSpes View Post

I'm super bad at not giving a fsck. Although for some reason, when things are super-busy for me, and I don't give a f... about all of the stuff going on, I get so much more done and I'm so much better at everything. And then I peak (or crash, depending on how you look at it), and then I'm exhausted for at least a week. The exhaustion forces me to not do anything, so I end up thinking about everything I should be giving a f... about, and the cycle continues.
    Wow.. that sounds like me, especially with school.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

haha wow, that's like the opposite of my cycle. when things get busy, i'll get really into everything, and be productive, but when things are really calm then i won't feel like i need to be productive and therefore i won't give a fuck, but then eventually guilt will come creeping in that i ought to give a fuck, and self-doubt and all those little monsters, until i get off my ass and do something again.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Arclight View Post
    Wow.. that sounds like me, especially with school.
    Yup, sounds quite a lot like me as well! I have busy times when I feel particularly extroverted. I see a lot of friends, do more than usual socially, etc etc. And that over-thinking part of me switches off or at least quietens down. But part of me is always thinking "I'm too busy and being too extroverted...there will be hell to pay fairly soon..." and then I crash and feel depressed and yes...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING