User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

ReflecTcelfeR

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Why?

I really like this. Very thoughtful. I do think in terms of purpose. Ideals. Isn't that an ENFP thing?
    I suppose if the purpose behind them is that they are ideals then it makes it Fi. For instance.

Not murdering someone can be taken two ways (these will be extremely oppositional to drive the point home). Your thought process could go in what I see as two general directions. The first is more of a step by step approach. By killing this person you have hindered your ability to get ahead. Let's assume that this person is important and an integral part to your rise to success. The logic behind not killing him is that it hinders not only you, but others around you. Perhaps this is Ti and Fe working in tandem? The other way would be that killing this person goes directly against your values. It isn't even really filtered through thought. It passes the line of your values and therefore you do not do it, only until that person commits a far greater crime than the punishment you'd receive from murdering would cause you. No consideration whatsoever is given to the chance that you might murder him. This is Fi working by itself.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by LunarMoon View Post
    I assumed that this topic was about something very different...
    But it is.

I think deep inside (probably near your male g-spot) you just wanted me to be an ENFP so that you could make sense of the deep and abiding attraction you have to me. The butterflies you feel after we talk or wile away the hours chatting with one another. And. That's okay. Don't be scared to love.

MBTI
    INTP

You tell me. You sounded so certain before. See what happens when we delve deeply. All definitions seem rather limp in their capacity to illuminate.
    Well, yeah, that and the fact that it's hard to put something that I intuit into words that someone else will recognize and identify with.

Does your music help you connect more directly to your feeling center? I find that my feelings become more integrated when I am creating art and being honest about my more tender and fearful feelings. When I express them as feelings rather than detach from them.
    Yes--I think it's one of the reasons I've always been drawn to the arts. I'm always striving to express myself in ways that are closer to the actual feeling and not to the thoughts and concepts they become. The purer form. I get frustrated sometimes because of my tendency to observe and direct myself rather than just getting lost in the moment. I'm always striving to lose myself in the music. I think I'm always drawn to things that I think will balance me. I'm all for accepting myself as-is, but I could never be one of those INTPs that just thinks the world should just let me be the robotic, socially clueless person I might have been if that part of me had been coddled.

Yes! But fun, isn't it?
    Sometimes! :-P
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I think your thoughts on love and relationships express a yearning to manifest the divine. I identify that with NF. And Buddhism as a philosophy of renuciation is a perfect vehicle to inhabit when your ideals let you down or you feel you let them down. Buddhism is a way to disengage. It's necessary to disengage so you don't keep gnawing on your heart. So the disengagement is not the thing, it's the after effect of the thing, which is a kind of Romanticism that I associate more with NF, because you want to see it played out interpersonally, where NT is happy enough to have it play out on paper.
    Disengagement is surrender. At least conscious surrender. Do we ever surrender completely? I think we just want to surrender so we can stop fighting the program of the universe.

Romanticism to me is an attitude of wanting more than you find in reality. Overlaying meaning on top of reality to punch through to a deeper sense of what is that harmonizes with the truth inside.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

I've always admired your unfailing ability, as an individual and a type, to question your own conclusions once you reach them.

Don't disappoint me now.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I'd like to point out that Synarch reminds me of a skinny Zach Galifianackis. So whatever type he is is the probably the type Synarch is.

Edit: Alright, I'll add handsomer too (Not that I swing that way)

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Synarch is Synarch.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Synarch is Synarch.
    What does Synarch being Synarch have to do with him reminding me of Zach Galifiniakis? I didn't say that he reminded you of Zach Galifiniakis.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    What does Synarch being Synarch have to do with him reminding me of Zach Galifiniakis? I didn't say that he reminded you of Zach Galifiniakis.
    He didn't quote you, though. I think he just means whether he's ENTP or ENFP, he's just Synarch. It doesn't matter.
    Something Witty

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

Synarch is Synarch.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.