User Tag List

First 123 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    That seems pretty complete list. I might add one thing that makes the difference for me. The reason I want to be in this business is to create something, and I don't need to be a director to feel satisfied in my work. I feel like editing is as important part, even though it is not on top of the food chain. I enjoy getting other people's vision in the final form. I basically get my fix by editing, so I don't need to be a director and take all those negative things that come with the job.
    This is the exact same conclusion I came to! I even use those same phrases to explain it. Get out of my head!

Also, I love how editing has a much more intuitive flow going on. Its so much fun to feel a story out, in contrast to the more structured and contrived processes of many of the other creative jobs in the industry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danbenyo View Post
    Thx man!
    I agree with most of the things.
    but I think if u wont give up and give up your best fight U can conqur all of those struggles.
    Absolutely. I wasn't passionate enough about it to struggle over the hurdles. But I think that if you truly love it enough you will find a way to deal with the difficult stuff.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    This is the exact same conclusion I came to! I even use those same phrases to explain it. Get out of my head!
    Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Also, I love how editing has a much more intuitive flow going on. Its so much fun to feel a story out, in contrast to the more structured and contrived processes of many of the other creative jobs in the industry.
    Yeah, I know... it seems to be a perfect task for Ne-Fi... the talent in it comes from somewhere almost unconscious, you can just look at the material and get a feeling how the material wants to be cut. Mysterious stuff... What I am struggling with is explaining my choices to other people. I can't just say "because I feel like it"...

MBTI
    INXP
    Enneagram

the truth is I dont know exactly what I want to do in a future but my direction is the film industry. For me editing its more crafting the matrial u get' making the shape, I agree it feet like a glove to a INFP. But I steal want to get out there and inspire pepole witth ny movies just like im inspired evrey day, reflecting my own uniqe view.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Hmm... I wonder how close your experience is to mine. See, I always wanted to express something too, but it seems to me that this can't be done in the business world, so I needed to separate my hobby from my job. So, I now paint as a hobby and try to get in the business of editing. I could never do painting as a job because I can only do it when inspired and if I was a director I'd have the same problem. I would also consider my work art and this would make me an impossible person to work with. I don't think I could make the necessary sacrifices and compromises.

MBTI
    INXP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Hmm... I wonder how close your experience is to mine. See, I always wanted to express something too, but it seems to me that this can't be done in the business world, so I needed to separate my hobby from my job. So, I now paint as a hobby and try to get in the business of editing. I could never do painting as a job because I can only do it when inspired and if I was a director I'd have the same problem. I would also consider my work art and this would make me an impossible person to work with. I don't think I could make the necessary sacrifices and compromises.
    I dont think that the experience is even close but im only 15
    I really identifies, but thr virus is already in me, every thing I expirence, see, Think- leads me to thinking how I can make it inot film. 7 times a minute I think about Movies, Ideas, Directing,Etc...
    Maybe it will pass. Ill be happy if u share some of ur experience with art and the buissnes world.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Ill be happy if u share some of ur experience with art and the buissnes world.
    Well, usually the people paying for the job are not very creative. They want a mainstream product. The artistic value of the product is not a priority at all. Of course it needs to look good, but if you want to invent something new, you'll have to sneak it in the mainstream product. I'm sure this has been the problem with art since the first cave paintings I hate to sound like an elitist, but it seems to me that in reality not many people can spot the inventions in art, and even if they can see them in the final product I'm sure very few would grasp it when the product is being designed.

MBTI
    INXP
    Enneagram

U couldnt descirbe it better, all the great movies and director had to "sneak it in the mainstream product". But there is more then that. i quote tarantino:"If u do a kickass movie U wiil get noticed, if not in the US so in the fucking planet earth"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ORLY

Hi,my name is dan and im an INFP :hi
    For the last year ive been fantasizing and dreaming (as a typical INFP) about me becoming a film director. I think about it most of the day(Scripts, ideas, Camera angles, Shots and more...) I visualize for hours dreams and "scripts". Now i just joined film class in high school. Ihave great fate in me but i still a little insecure because first of all I cant drawn and I think its highly realative to direct a movie, the aesthetic part of the job is the one who worries me' but who knows.

So what do u think- INFP as filmakers- UPS AND DOWNS?
    I'm the same way! I've always wanted to make movies, ever since I was little, before I knew what a director was XD
    [SIGPIC]http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb37/KamikazePigeonOnFire/untitled-39.jpg[/SIGPIC]

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

INFP filmakers:
    Hayao Miyazaki
    George Lucas
    Tim Burton

MBTI