User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Socionics Ni doesn't think in a straight line, at all; Ne does. Socionics Fi and Fe could also not be more different from MBTI Fi and Fe -- Fe in Socionics is about a fun and loose atmosphere where anything goes, whereas Fi is about everybody getting along and being all PC and shit. It is, in other words, fucking boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Ti and Fi are straight line (or rather, kind of one size fits all internal models for judgement). Ne is still Ne, like MBTI. I can see where you're getting them mixed up, because Fe is broad and inclusive in the social sense. They can almost seem as open minded, but it's the simple difference in how one is open minded in their perception or in their judging.

Fi has nothing to do with being PC. It's just more static (in the same sense that Ti is). If it was mixed with a sensor type (like ISFj), it may come out being more traditional... but that's their Perception coming into play. Don't ascribe specific judgement traits to Fi alone.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

By PC I mean the attitude of going out of their way to not offend anybody, to be agreeable; rather than traditionalism. It's... offensive to me, as an Fe-valuer.

As for Ne and Ni, they are mostly the same as Ne and Ni in MBTI, but there are a few major differences. It's important to be careful of the wording in the Ni/Ne descriptions, they can deceive you.

Types that value Ne prefer to try out an opportunity rather than consider all possible ways in which it could not work out. They pick a few options and stick with them, in contrast to introverted intuition (Ni) types who pick one option and continue to doubt that option.
    Basically, Ni is "I think I'll go with this... no, no, fuck it I'll go with that. Ah, but the first option was so much better! I'll go with that one. But..." and so on, and so forth. Ne gets an idea and follows through with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Fe is just actively trying to raise moods. The kind of people who warm others up in obvious ways. Fi is friendly, but it needs to connect with bonds from their internal/personal perspective. Fe is able to ignore that and be more proactive - it is extroverted in it's F. That's it! Nothing else. Nothing about PC-ness. Look at the terms in a generic way, instead of focusing on whatever specific hangups you have and projecting that globablly. If you want to think globally, then Ill say there are fucking billions of Fi types in the world and not all of them are "PC". Life isn't that simple.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    I've dealt with my fair share of chaos.. I think I'm just fed up (maybe temporarily.. except it hasn't been that temporary. I've lived in a way where I've kept more to myself for two years at least). And by chaos, I don't necessarily mean intellectually. That's cool. I just mean socially. Too much drama and people pointing guns in my face. I feel like if I just try to "live", some fucking disaster is bound to happen, and I'll either barely escape (as it usually happens) or end up dead on the street, miscalculating my way out of chaos, like some ESFP.

Sorry.. I'm probably not making any sense.
    I. ..live for that stuff. I can admit that, now. A drama-free life is not the life for me. Drama-free is what I've been living for last 3 years, it feels like I'm in exile, in prison. ..uncomfortable (because I am not stimulated enough but that's a whole nother issue) and totally without meaning.

Well. ..I haven't been completely drama-free or else my intp friend wouldn't take jabs at my innate ability to "keep shit going" by saying, "I [herself] don't play games. What you see is what you get." What she doesn't understand is that I don't play games, either. I want it, I get it. I want drama (whether I know it or not), I create it; I'm volatile and I don't want to hide it to appease her sense of "honesty" (or whatever) because her sense of honesty is boring. Her "awake" looks a whole lot like my "asleep".

I'm rambling.. .. .
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I AM MY OWN WHITE KNIGHT IN SHINING ARMOR AND I'LL BE YOURS TOO WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

it always annoyed me in fairy tales when someone would save the princess. i wanted her to save her freaking self.
    Last edited by skylights; 10-07-2010 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    I'm rambling.. .. .
    Cool enough. Just be careful

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    By PC I mean the attitude of going out of their way to not offend anybody, to be agreeable; rather than traditionalism. It's... offensive to me, as an Fe-valuer.

As for Ne and Ni, they are mostly the same as Ne and Ni in MBTI, but there are a few major differences. It's important to be careful of the wording in the Ni/Ne descriptions, they can deceive you.

Basically, Ni is "I think I'll go with this... no, no, fuck it I'll go with that. Ah, but the first option was so much better! I'll go with that one. But..." and so on, and so forth. Ne gets an idea and follows through with it.
    You've just described Fe and Fi, and Ne and Ni, as completely the opposite of what they actually are.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    You've just described Fe and Fi, and Ne and Ni, as completely the opposite of what they actually are.
    That's because I'm describing Socionics functions, rather than MBTI. Which is why I keep slamming home the fact that THEY. ARE. NOT. THE. SAME. FUCKING. SYSTEM.

EDIT: Just so you don't assume I'm talking out of my ass, these are the definitions I'm talking about:

Extroverted ethics - Wikisocion

Types that value Fe like creating a visible atmosphere of camaraderie with other people. They enjoy a loose atmosphere where anything goes, where people don't have to watch too carefully what they say for fear of offending others. This means these types try not to be too thin-skinned, taking jokes with a grain of salt. However, they are very conscious of the fact that the way something is said is very important to how it will be received, so they tend to add emphasis, embellishments, and exaggerations here and there to keep people engaged. The best way to say something is highly dependent on the situation and the implied purpose of the exchange, so of course levity is not appropriate in some situations.
    Even after explosive arguments, these types find it hard to hold grudges, and can tolerate people they in principle don't like, as long as the situation is primarily social and doesn't require too close contact. They prefer misgivings to be out in the open; they believe that the silent treatment is one of the worst things you can do to a person, and only aggravates the underlying problem.
    Essentially Socionics Fe is about raising the moods. It wants to be in a loose, friendly, exciting and cheerful atmosphere where people don't watch what they say. The sheer exuberance of it is generally more suited to ExFPs (and even ExTPs -- JFK is widely agreed to have been either ENTP or ESTP and is the ENFj exemplar) than ExFJs.

Introverted ethics - Wikisocion
    is generally associated with the ability to gain an implicit sense of the subjective 'distance' between two people, and make judgments based off of said thing.
    Types with valued Fi strive to make and maintain close, personal relationships with their friends and family. They value sensitivity to others' feelings, and occasionally will make their innermost feelings and sentiments known in order to test the possibility of creating closeness with others.
    Also, these types convey emotions in terms of how they were affected by something (such as "I did not like that"), rather than an extroverted ethics (Fe) approach that would describe the object itself without clear reference to the subject involved (such as "That sucked"). Much of their decisions are based on how they themselves, or others in relation to them personally, feel in contrast to considering how "the big picture" is affected (such as groups of people.)
    Fi is more about emotional distance. It strives to make deep, personal emotional connections, and prefers an atmosphere of calm consensus where everyone's getting along to one of raucous cheer. Fi valuers tend to be annoyed by Fe's histrionic antics.

As for Ne/Ni, I already illustrated the differences previously.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei View Post
    That's because I'm describing Socionics functions, rather than MBTI. Which is why I keep slamming home the fact that THEY. ARE. NOT. THE. SAME. FUCKING. SYSTEM.

EDIT: Just so you don't assume I'm talking out of my ass, these are the definitions I'm talking about:

Extroverted ethics - Wikisocion

Essentially Socionics Fe is about raising the moods. It wants to be in a loose, friendly, exciting and cheerful atmosphere where people don't watch what they say. The sheer exuberance of it is generally more suited to ExFPs (and even ExTPs -- JFK is widely agreed to have been either ENTP or ESTP and is the ENFj exemplar) than ExFJs.

Introverted ethics - Wikisocion

Fi is more about emotional distance. It strives to make deep, personal emotional connections, and prefers an atmosphere of calm consensus where everyone's getting along to one of raucous cheer. Fi valuers tend to be annoyed by Fe's histrionic antics.

As for Ne/Ni, I already illustrated the differences previously.
    It's still not as opposite as you're making it out to be, as KDude already pointed out. While the definitions aren't exactly the same, they aren't opposite, either.