• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do you feel like you're ugly?

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Physically? Significantly below average in attractiveness, but in a unremarkable sort of way.

I consider myself less ugly on the inside. I've got one fine lookin' pancreas.

Last edited:

King sns

MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Physically? Significantly below average, but in a unremarkable sort of way.

I consider myself less ugly on the inside. I've got one fine lookin' pancreas.

Well that's all that matters...

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
It's not that I think I'm ugly. It's just that I think I could look much better than I do presently.

ExAstrisSpes

MBTI Type
ENFJ
It's not that I think I'm ugly. It's just that I think I could look much better than I do presently.

I agree with this.

I wasn't popular in high school, and I've always felt sub-average or average in the looks department. But after many years of being noticed (in a positive way) by people I don't know (and probably noticed from afar by a good many I still don't know), I'm starting to think maybe I am better looking than I originally thought.

Sometimes when I look in the mirror I don't see anyone particularly good looking. Then when I look in the mirror a few hours later, I think I see beauty in the midst.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
This thread kinda makes me sad because I've never really come up with an ugly person in my life (poor hygiene and disgusting, yes - not ugly).

There are people I see and it takes time to get used to their appearances, sure, I might even find them unattractive, neutral or quirky-looking or something first, but those people are usually the ones I come to like the most (appearances-mannerisms---?--wise). They're always those people with something in their appearance I didn't like at first, something quirky about their looks, not "mainstream" beauty.

As long as people dare to be comfortable enough to be themselves in their own skin, I don't think they can be ugly. But they can really take away the chance for others to enjoy their "presence" if they won't dare to let themselves be themselves and the possibility to really see that. I think though e.g. obesity says something about an imbalance and that's one thing I contribute to not being comfortable enough.

Hope this makes sense.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
This thread kinda makes me sad because I've never really come up with an ugly person in my life (poor hygiene and disgusting, yes - not ugly).

There are people I see and it takes time to get used to their appearances, sure, I might even find them unattractive, neutral or quirky-looking or something first, but those people are usually the ones I come to like the most (appearances-mannerisms---?--wise). They're always those people with something in their appearance I didn't like at first, something quirky about their looks, not "mainstream" beauty.

As long as people dare to be comfortable enough to be themselves in their own skin, I don't think they can be ugly. But they can really take away the chance for others to enjoy their "presence" if they won't dare to let themselves be themselves and the possibility to really see that. I think though e.g. obesity says something about an imbalance and that's one thing I contribute to not being comfortable enough.

Hope this makes sense.

Pretty is something towards which your body reacts to (when you know nothing about the person's personality) immediately in a positive manner. Ugly is the same, but in the negative manner.

It's really not that hard. It's fine an dandy to say no one is ugly, but prettiness is not the end all be all of human existence, and denying anyone can be ugly just to make people feel better about themselves is perpetuating the importance of great physical appearance which is not the most important thing in a person.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Hope this makes sense.

totally understand what you mean....it is about the comfort...the being exactly who you are....people do need to own it...it breaks that superficial layer that blocks people from really seeing...know what i mean?

Nillerz

MBTI Type
ENFP
No. I have never thought that I was ugly. I mean, I am a tall skinny guy with a good haircut and a nice man-rack. Why would I?

man

MBTI Type
IntP
Enneagram
=)
no ive been told im pretty attractive

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I just thought of a compliment I got from a boyfriend years ago: "You know, you're nobody's dream girl, but when I look at you, I think you're so pretty." That's about the size of it.

This sounds like a put down compliment.

Aquarelle

Starcrossed Seafarer
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I used to when I was younger. Other people told me I was ugly so many times I started believing it. When I look back now and I see those pictures, I actually see a very pretty girl

This. Nowadays, I am mostly okay with my looks, but sure, I still have days/moments when I don't feel particularly attractive.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This sounds like a put down compliment.

It was a left-handed compliment, for sure. He was not a native speaker of English, though. I think he was just being very frank. It still makes me grin.

flore

MBTI Type
INFJ
I just thought of a compliment I got from a boyfriend years ago: "You know, you're nobody's dream girl, but when I look at you, I think you're so pretty." That's about the size of it.

AWWWW... so sweet!

if only somebody would say something like that to me...

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Felt that way a lot when I was younger. Not sure why, but oddly, a lot of it had to do with my hair. It was, and still is, super thick, and would just go all over the place. I always felt self-conscious about that. For some reason when I was little, it was especially disobedient after being washed and my sideburns would get out of control. My hair in general would constantly stick up, and I would put water on it to get it to go back down.

Once I became old enough to get my hair cut when I pleased, I started getting it cut really short. When I did that, it had a nicer texture and made my face look better. I gained confidence through this. I also started dressing better, though I didn't fully adopt that mentality until later undergraduate years, or even graduate school.

Physically, I always seemed to have fairly large biceps without having to lift to maintain them, but I have this problem that all of my excess fat goes into my belly. It can become a real problem if I'm not working out consistently. It looks bad, and feels equally bad. It's also dangerous as it can cause health problems.

When I was in puberty years, I was still kind of clueless about looks. I dressed bad, but thought it looked good for some reason I can't explain. As I matured, I somehow became clearer on what looked good and what didn't, thank God. So I felt better after that.

When it comes to looking good, we all have to learn what individually works for us. One thing I learned that hard way was no facial hair. People hate my facial hair! Whenever I let the hair on my face grow, guys and girls alike were turned off.

Also, I wear glasses as I am near-sighted, and I look better without them, but I can't for the life of me get contacts in my eyes, so I'm kind of stuck with it.

Sometimes I go through those days where I'm just like, "Man, I'm one handsome motherf*cker, how many women should I slay this week?" Then there's the days where I dread looking in the mirror. I'm tired, I haven't showered in 36 hours or longer, unsightly facial hair is growing all over my face and my hair is greasy and matted down. I just look like sh*t. I keep out of the public eye when I look like this though, or at least I try to.

I guess I'd rate myself an 8 or so...Maybe 8.5 on a good day even...Why not!! Of course that's not on the days I decide to have a free for all and look like crap but hey... I think highly of myself, but I don't think I'm excessively popular with women or anything. Much to my dismay, I'm never really been that way. Always kind of wanted to be when I was younger but it never really happened. I don't tend to attract a lot of women, but the ones I do attract are beautiful!!! I struggle to achieve long-lasting relationships though.

And sometimes people would find me attractive and I had no clue why! What were they seeing? But that's just me.

tkae.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well I'm about 50 lbs overweight, sooooo...

Yeah :blushing:

MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't feel ugly, but I'm fat. I feel like there is a really good looking guy underneath, it's just that someone has to carve away the marble for him to come out.

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
And sometimes people would find me attractive and I had no clue why! What were they seeing? But that's just me.

I know that a smile can go a long way in perceived attractiveness. Even if nothing else changes.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
^That's totally true, SuchIrony. I don't usually acknowledge that fact nearly enough. More smiling in the future! Thanks.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I believe I am unattractive, I don't think I can remember a time in my life when I haven't had that feeling about myself. In my family I was the odd looking one, didn't fit in according to them, and my looks and skin colour were always the fun things family would use to describe me. I guess all of that has just stuck.

I even remember the first time a guy tried to chat me up, he asked my sister to come over and tell me that he liked me, I was 14. I actually shouted at her and him, quite tearfully too, that it wasn't funny to make fun of someone, and that I knew what I looked like.

The same reaction cam winging its way out of me the time I was model scouted out and about in london. I literaly went nuts on the poor bloke, told him I wasn't stupid and he could take his fake offer and shove it.

I keep being told that this feeling will lessen with age, but at 34 I'm wondering where the hell the change is. :p

I try to believe men and friends that tell me otherwise, but its such a final feeling I doubt anyone could put a dent in it.

Its stupid really.