User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Kat View Post
    I used to when I was younger. Other people told me I was ugly so many times I started believing it. When I look back now and I see those pictures, I actually see a very pretty girl
    This. Nowadays, I am mostly okay with my looks, but sure, I still have days/moments when I don't feel particularly attractive.
    Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

My blog:
    TypeC: Adventures of an Introvert
    Wordpress: http://introvertadventures.wordpress.com/

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    This sounds like a put down compliment.
    It was a left-handed compliment, for sure. He was not a native speaker of English, though. I think he was just being very frank. It still makes me grin.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Tiltyred View Post
    I just thought of a compliment I got from a boyfriend years ago: "You know, you're nobody's dream girl, but when I look at you, I think you're so pretty." That's about the size of it.
    AWWWW... so sweet!

if only somebody would say something like that to me...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Felt that way a lot when I was younger. Not sure why, but oddly, a lot of it had to do with my hair. It was, and still is, super thick, and would just go all over the place. I always felt self-conscious about that. For some reason when I was little, it was especially disobedient after being washed and my sideburns would get out of control. My hair in general would constantly stick up, and I would put water on it to get it to go back down.

Once I became old enough to get my hair cut when I pleased, I started getting it cut really short. When I did that, it had a nicer texture and made my face look better. I gained confidence through this. I also started dressing better, though I didn't fully adopt that mentality until later undergraduate years, or even graduate school.

Physically, I always seemed to have fairly large biceps without having to lift to maintain them, but I have this problem that all of my excess fat goes into my belly. It can become a real problem if I'm not working out consistently. It looks bad, and feels equally bad. It's also dangerous as it can cause health problems.

When I was in puberty years, I was still kind of clueless about looks. I dressed bad, but thought it looked good for some reason I can't explain. As I matured, I somehow became clearer on what looked good and what didn't, thank God. So I felt better after that.

When it comes to looking good, we all have to learn what individually works for us. One thing I learned that hard way was no facial hair. People hate my facial hair! Whenever I let the hair on my face grow, guys and girls alike were turned off.

Also, I wear glasses as I am near-sighted, and I look better without them, but I can't for the life of me get contacts in my eyes, so I'm kind of stuck with it.

Sometimes I go through those days where I'm just like, "Man, I'm one handsome motherf*cker, how many women should I slay this week?" Then there's the days where I dread looking in the mirror. I'm tired, I haven't showered in 36 hours or longer, unsightly facial hair is growing all over my face and my hair is greasy and matted down. I just look like sh*t. I keep out of the public eye when I look like this though, or at least I try to.

I guess I'd rate myself an 8 or so...Maybe 8.5 on a good day even...Why not!! Of course that's not on the days I decide to have a free for all and look like crap but hey... I think highly of myself, but I don't think I'm excessively popular with women or anything. Much to my dismay, I'm never really been that way. Always kind of wanted to be when I was younger but it never really happened. I don't tend to attract a lot of women, but the ones I do attract are beautiful!!! I struggle to achieve long-lasting relationships though.

And sometimes people would find me attractive and I had no clue why! What were they seeing? But that's just me.
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

Well I'm about 50 lbs overweight, sooooo...

Yeah :blushing:
    "Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away." -Ekaku Hakuin
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...psdunkqmep.png
    5w4 . IEI . Chaotic Good
    Right-Libertarian Minarchist

I don't feel ugly, but I'm fat. I feel like there is a really good looking guy underneath, it's just that someone has to carve away the marble for him to come out.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I don't feel ugly, but I'm fat. I feel like there is a really good looking guy underneath, it's just that someone has to carve away the marble for him to come out.
    Elaur has a big murder-knife. Just sayin.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by LotsOfHeart View Post
    And sometimes people would find me attractive and I had no clue why! What were they seeing? But that's just me.
    I know that a smile can go a long way in perceived attractiveness. Even if nothing else changes.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

^That's totally true, SuchIrony. I don't usually acknowledge that fact nearly enough. More smiling in the future! Thanks.
    A hero is someone who does the right thing without expectation of reward, just because it's the right thing to do.

MBTI
    infp

I believe I am unattractive, I don't think I can remember a time in my life when I haven't had that feeling about myself. In my family I was the odd looking one, didn't fit in according to them, and my looks and skin colour were always the fun things family would use to describe me. I guess all of that has just stuck.

I even remember the first time a guy tried to chat me up, he asked my sister to come over and tell me that he liked me, I was 14. I actually shouted at her and him, quite tearfully too, that it wasn't funny to make fun of someone, and that I knew what I looked like.

The same reaction cam winging its way out of me the time I was model scouted out and about in london. I literaly went nuts on the poor bloke, told him I wasn't stupid and he could take his fake offer and shove it.

I keep being told that this feeling will lessen with age, but at 34 I'm wondering where the hell the change is. :P

I try to believe men and friends that tell me otherwise, but its such a final feeling I doubt anyone could put a dent in it.

Its stupid really.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari