User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I don't think I'm ugly, but I certainly didn't grow up thinking I was attractive. As an adult, I've gotten attention for my looks, and have learned to trust that data. :-D But I still tend to think people are exaggerating or something.
    Yeah, I think this summarizes myself. I *have* to trust any sort of outside 'data', because otherwise I'd be where I was at as a teenager, just really, truly believing I was horribly unattractive (well, and I DID have a few yrs there where I was more gangly/bizarre-looking than most teenagers ). It's admittedly always been a problem area for me, & hard to let go of that focus.

There are aspects of my looks that I'm insecure about, but I try not to point them out to others, in case they hadn't noticed. :-P
    I'm highly tripped up by one feature that's totally out of my control and basically traumatizes me if I don't just 'let go' of it. But other than that these days I'm pretty secure and happy with how I look, even though I know it's not everyone's cup of tea and some of my features are a little more unusual (i.e. nothing that people stereotypically associate with 'beauty').
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I'm about average. No one's throwing themselves at my feet, but then again no one's fleeing in horror. Had serious self image/confidence problems as a kid and young adult, which was a shame, because looking back I wasn't bad looking at all.
    83% I 70% N 64% T 73% P | 5w4 sp/so/sx | Chaotic Good

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I just thought of a compliment I got from a boyfriend years ago: "You know, you're nobody's dream girl, but when I look at you, I think you're so pretty." That's about the size of it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I am overweight and I hate that about myself. It think it has more to do with respect than with beauty. If feel like people will think that I am not very intelligent just because I am overweight.

Sometimes I think it would be nice to be beautiful. If I start to feel too badly about myself, I go to Walmart and look at everyone (real people v. TV). Then I start to feel better.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

One problem I have always had as an INFJ is that I am so lost in my thoughts of whatever recent project I am involved in that I completely forget to look at my outfit, fingernails, or anything as earthly as that.

Glycerine

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post
    Yeah, I think this summarizes myself. I *have* to trust any sort of outside 'data', because otherwise I'd be where I was at as a teenager, just really, truly believing I was horribly unattractive (well, and I DID have a few yrs there where I was more gangly/bizarre-looking than most teenagers ). It's admittedly always been a problem area for me, & hard to let go of that focus.

I'm highly tripped up by one feature that's totally out of my control and basically traumatizes me if I don't just 'let go' of it. But other than that these days I'm pretty secure and happy with how I look, even though I know it's not everyone's cup of tea and some of my features are a little more unusual (i.e. nothing that people stereotypically associate with 'beauty').
    +1000 I totally agree.... my mom calls it "exotic beauty". haha.

i came to accept myself, meaning my objective flaws are not unattractive to my "taste",
    but that does not stop me from assuming/calculating that other's find my flaws unatractive/unpalatable. and they do. since i accept myself, i can forgett about it though. i don't care about the taste of random strangers. but i can not assume they find me attractive. I feel that my "taste" for my objetive flaws is odd and rare brand of taste, no one shares it. i can naively assume they find me acceptable. i often do, only to find out i am not so acceptable to them...

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I was looking at old photographs of myself and I saw that I was a perfectly cute little kid. It was when I was eight years old and saddled with a pair of hideous-looking glasses that I started thinking that I was ugly. Also, it didn't help that I was always the smallest kid in my class. I believed myself to be "little and ugly." It wasn't a very pleasant feeling.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILE Ti

I am more handsome than all of you motherfuckers combined. I am a superstar.

And I know I'm not NF. Don't care...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Teacher (Idyllic), ESE-IEI (Si-ESFj), SLue|I|, Sanguine-Melancholy
    Sage, True Neutral (Chaotic Good), Type III Anti-Hero
    Inventive > Artistic > Leisurely > Dramatic
    7w6 > 4w3 > 9w8, weakside sp/so

Dark Worker (Sacrificing)
    Freewheeling Designer

Hayekian Asshole

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksei;
    I am more handsome than all of you motherfuckers combined. I am a superstar.

And I know I'm not NF. Don't care...
    :p